[Review] MEE A151
Jan 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
So if you could only have one, the A151 or CC51, would you choose the A151? How does the sound of the two compare? I like a balanced sound without exaggerated bass, and without a recessed midrange. Which sounds the most neutral and natural? Is the A151 much easier to drive than the CC51? i want decent bass, but in proportion to the other frequencies. Both of these look interesting.

A151s fit you much better.  CC51s have a pretty steep V-shape to them, so you'll get a recessed midrange.  The A151s have more of a balanced sound, with some bass emphasis and rolled off highs. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #17 of 21
no matter how much I love meelectronics. I don't think that I'd recommend either: cc51 have the most recessed mids I have ever heard and an extremely bloated bottom. the a151 have some of the best bass I have heard though it is slightly bumped but the mids are slightly recessed and extremely sibilant while the highs suffer from extreme roll off that make them sound like am radios. 

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
no matter how much I love meelectronics. I don't think that I'd recommend either: cc51 have the most recessed mids I have ever heard and an extremely bloated bottom. the a151 have some of the best bass I have heard though it is slightly bumped but the mids are slightly recessed and extremely sibilant while the highs suffer from extreme roll off that make them sound like am radios. 

So you are are telling me that I should be happy with my JVC HAFXC80, and that the HAFXC80 is likely to be better sounding than the A151 and CC51? The CC51 looks so promising on paper, however what it actually sounds like is the big question. I can't stand sibilance or harsh treble. I would be happy if I could find an IEM under $50 that sound better than the Sony E888 earbuds. While the JVC HAFXC80 IEM sounds decent, I still prefer the sound of the Sony E888 earbuds, and the sound of the Sony V6.

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
So you are are telling me that I should be happy with my JVC HAFXC80, and that the HAFXC80 is likely to be better sounding than the A151 and CC51? The CC51 looks so promising on paper, however what it actually sounds like is the big question. I can't stand sibilance or harsh treble. I would be happy if I could find an IEM under $50 that sound better than the Sony E888 earbuds. While the JVC HAFXC80 IEM sounds decent, I still prefer the sound of the Sony E888 earbuds, and the sound of the Sony V6.

I haven't owned the JVCs, but the CC51 have very questionable build quality, especially if you frequently work out with them. I would recommend the A151 over the CC51 but soundmagic's pl30 over them both for the under 50 bracket. or brainwavz m2

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #20 of 21
Arriving from the post today, (what a long shipping :frowning2: )
very excited, YAY!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back