Review: Kozee Infinity X1 custom molded IEM
Oct 15, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
Can anyone tell me how this compares to another popular portable headphone like the HD25-1 II? I understand they are different in a lot of ways but can someone suggest one for vocal based indie music? Also, what about similarly priced universals, i.e. the Westone 2s or the Triple Fi 10s?

On ears and custom IEMs are totally different experiences. A well sealing custom will block way more noise (in my experience) than any on ear supra-aural headphone. It will also be more comfortable (again, my humble opinion). 

I'm really liking the V-MODA M80 on ears, and I do think they sound superior to the Infinity X1 for most music. But their isolation is much less, and their long term comfort is not as good either. So it is a trade-off. 

I haven't heard the Westone 2, and the TF10 has a unique sound to it that some people love, and others not so much. I personally like the TF10 sound for what it is but can't handle their ergonomics so it doesn't really matter how good they sound. A remolded TF10 is probably a better sound than the X1 though.

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #18 of 19
Hey, just checking in here anyone heard an update in the customer service side of things? This really sounds like what im looking for, it's just i dont wanna spend nearly $200 and have to wait 6 months to actually get my product. I'd rather spend a bit more and have something in hand within a month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back