Review: Jerry Harvey Audio JH13Pro - Sex for your ears
Oct 4, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #47 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you are right to feel this way and in no way to excuse this but to try and understand what is going on, it is likely their orders went up exponentially and that with a small staff they have been overwhelmed.

Oh, I perfectly understand. They didn't expect such a rush of order, were overwhelmed, and the quality of their products sometimes/often suffered as a consequence.

How is that different from what I was saying above? I didn't say "Blast them! I'll never buy from them!" Not at all. I still intend to buy from them. I'm just waiting for the QC to become more consistent. It may already be the case, but since I've waited so long already, I can wait a little more, for more feedback, to be sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, actuaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I listen to my 10X3, but get ticked off knowing that they look ugly when you stare at them. Love listening to my Mage and knowing that they look absolutely beautiful, then get annoyed that my ES3X don't fit flush, and the artwork isn't parallel on the left and right...

Ah ah, even more picky than me.
jecklinsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In an ideal world, I'd like to have both. But sound quality is first and foremost.

Doesn't matter how meticulously built a custom is if it doesn't sound as good as one that sounds better.

(... that looks better.)

Agreed.

But I do hope to have both.
tongue.gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I do hope to have both.
tongue.gif

X2, especially with USD1k products.

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #49 of 49
I was a way on anniversary celebration and came back now.

Firstly: The JH13Pro is unrivalled for sound - who knows, there may be another which sounds as good, but I have not heard it. The details (not high frequency, details in any frequency) are unfathomably good (yes, I made that word up).

Secondly: I tend to rate SQ above all else, however it is balanced with other aspects and taking into account that not everyone likes the same sound, I won't blabber on about what sounds good to me. If it is obviously good, it is good. If it has big problems, those will be taken into account. The JH13Pro has no problems with sound.

Thirdly: Build is very important for me. For more than 1000$, it had better be amazing. Irregularities (those happen) and aren't a big problem, but things like bent pins (mine are slightly bent after doing nothing but carefully take the cables out for pictures) are off-putting. The cables themselves, as opposed to some high quality manufacturers (not all), are the same as some universals, not a special, high-quality version.

I think it is obvious that JHA developed a world-class product, but it isn't perfect, at least to me. Had it sounded rubbish, but had a great cable, it would not be ranked as highly, but when I review products, I review them in my way which should be obvious: cables are important. There are many products which would get a 5/5 had they had a better cable. But, lacking that, and a high quality connection which will last and protect the cable is very important to me... and counting from the numbers of cable returns (from the company who use the same cable), this may become a problem with the JH series.

Do I love them? Yes. Do I think they are worth 1100$ - if all you care about is sound, then a resounding yes. But as you can see at TMA, my reviews focus on a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back