Review: Jerry Harvey Audio JH13Pro - Sex for your ears
Oct 1, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #17 of 49
One of my fav bands.... damn u =]

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 49
the JH13pro gets 4/5. Any phone gets higher scores?

Oct 2, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #22 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your name suggests some interest in japan! my wife and i were rocking out to the band this evening... they are great for those good mood days.

Hehe indeed
wink.gif

Yeah ケツ manages to make any headphone sound good. Such nice music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my review ratings are not all about sound.

I really like this. One gets very sick of things being reviewed on sound alone.
In the end thou it is nice to see that the build problems aren't so much problems as they are just minor quirks.
However from the pictures I've seen the artwork is a little lagging.
Do you know if they have that fancy printer yet?

Oct 2, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #23 of 49
shigzeo
Great review. Thank you.

I wondering why you gave 4/5 (almost 4.5/5) for the overall rating. Beside the price, is any JH|13Pro's shortcoming? Wait, I just read The Bad in your TMA review page. The shortcomings are related to accessories and the cable quality/construction.

But, if you concentrate in the SQ only, how you rate/rank it, with other IEMs. If possible, give a your top 10s based on the SQ only. I know the ranking is based on YOUR ears, but, it is still nice to see how ranked the top IEMs.

My final request, if possible, I really like to see your review of the Unique Melody Quad custom IEMs. Few of us said, the built quality of the UM IEMs are better than the JH's.

Thank you very much. I really enjoyed the review.

Oct 2, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #24 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Few of us said, the bulit and sound quality of the UM IEMs are better than the JH's.

Hm, really? Where has anyone said anything like that about the sound quality? The only comparison I've read is this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven
looks nice..cant wait for the review, i wonder how they match up to your jh10x3/es3x

After a quick listen, pretty well actually. Will say more on review, should be up in a couple weeks.

Hardly a definitive statement. Hardly a few people either, unless MaoDi is schizophrenic. Of course, that would explain why he needs so many customs...
tongue.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #25 of 49
yes I would like to see this 'few of us' as well; I have seen the UM build described as superior by someone whining in the JH13 thread because their order was running late, which quickly turned to praise when they actually turned up. but I have not seen anyone describe the sound as superior; also the word 'us' implies that you are one of those people, but you clearly dont own either UM or JH. I realize this is probably just a language thing, not criticizing you for that, just informing you of that.

@ Sinocelt: Jebus man!! just hurry up and buy one will you!! youve been umming and ahhing about what customs to buy for going on 5 months now. the longer you wait, more models will come out and you will be left waiting for yet another comparative review to tell you what the definitive 'best' custom is, then while waiting for that, another will be produced...etc etc etc infinitum

I understand the conundrum, I was on the fence between UE10 and ES3X (UE11 wasnt even under consideration) when the JH13 were announced; but I saw the pitfalls and just bit the bullet before the JH13 were reviewed; actually before they were even released (you know some of my reasoning from PMs we exchanged on the subject) but there comes a time where yo just need to take a gamble, or rather a calculated risk based on the knowledge at hand. unless of course you can get yourself to a venue where you can hear the universal demos.

Its an expensive and emotionally charged decision and one I am glad I made when I did, instead of still being in limbo without these wonderful sounds in my ears.

Oct 2, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #26 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Sinocelt: Jebus man!! just hurry up and buy one will you!! youve been umming and ahhing about what customs to buy for going on 5

I sent an email to Jerry shortly after Larry's review came out. Never got an answer. Plus, JH Audio seems to still suffer from QC issues, from what I read even in the JH13 appreciation thread, so I'm waiting a bit. I won't need it professionally before next year anyway, so I'm trying -- hard -- to remember that patience is a virtue.

Oct 2, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #27 of 49
great write-up Nathan, love the pics in the TMA version
wink.gif
nice job on putting together an even-handed review, that counters glowing praise with some real world issues that are often glossed over, while still giving the JH13 the high rating they deserve. I am with you when it comes to SS size, but as far as accuracy and placement within that soundstage, these things are in a league of their own IMO. bear in mind I have not heard any high end stats.

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #29 of 49
Well stated above. Haven't heard of sound quality of UM being better than JH audio YET. But build quality, far superior. All i can say

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #30 of 49
Sorry about the SQ statement in the above post, but clearly, the poor QCs does affect the SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back