[Review] InEar SD-2, a $450 dual driver IEM worth every penny to my ears.
Nov 13, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #109 of 164
Got my SD2 quite a long time ago and am still impressed. For those of you thinking sd2 vs sd3, if you want bass get the Aurisonics ASG 2/2.5 instead of SD 3. For everything else, the SD2.

Nov 14, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #111 of 164
Yeah loving my sd-2s. They do everything very well. If it's just one voice in a room right by the mic I still find the clarity of my er4s win out but for the vast amount of tunes I like their added warmth and soundstage depth just rule. 

Nov 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #112 of 164
I've been following another thread about SD-2/3. Also order Ortofon tips, Spinfit, then copper cable from BTG audio. My past DAP was DX90 but still got unsatisfied with my rig. I am sacrificing FiiO X1 to pair with, dealing used cable ALO SXC24 from local forum. I think I am in love again with my SD-2s 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 14, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #113 of 164
I find im between sizes of medium and large with stock tips 

So mediums don't isolate well. Any experience with this anyone? 

Im wondering if medium sized tips in other compatible brands would be better? and a touch wider? 

UPDATE: I've just measured the stock medium tips at widest point. exactly 1cm wide. 
Can anyone confirm width or spinfit or orthofon medium tips? 

Nov 14, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #114 of 164
  I've been following another thread about SD-2/3. Also order Ortofon tips, Spinfit, then copper cable from BTG audio. My past DAP was DX90 but still got unsatisfied with my rig. I am sacrificing FiiO X1 to pair with, dealing used cable ALO SXC24 from local forum. I think I am in love again with my SD-2s 
rolleyes.gif

How are the ortofon and spinfit tips?

Nov 14, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #115 of 164
I must say, i didn't have problems with the SD2 at all.
On the contrary, they were the first universal iem, where the eartips had the tendency to stay stuck in my ear after removal. This is saying something.

Even no tip was all right...they stayed put.

Nov 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #116 of 164
  I find im between sizes of medium and large with stock tips 

So mediums don't isolate well. Any experience with this anyone? 

Im wondering if medium sized tips in other compatible brands would be better? and a touch wider? 

UPDATE: I've just measured the stock medium tips at widest point. exactly 1cm wide. 
Can anyone confirm width or spinfit or orthofon medium tips? 

Here are medium size comparable of Spinfit, original tips, and Ortofon tips. Ortofon is the smallest among them, Spinfit slight larger than the original. Based in your case I think you could try Spinfit medium size or Ortofon large.

How are the ortofon and spinfit tips?

I get clearer vocal from Ortofon tips, I may hear  reverberate sound or something, lot of air in the mid to high freq. 
With Spinfit tips it sounds fuller on bass, less air, I think it more neutral than ortofon due to less color in vocal and higher freq. 
I prefer Ortofon tips than the others. 

Nov 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #118 of 164
  where can i get Ortofon tips in the uk? thanks

Not sure about uk sellers but ortofon is a Danish company, so you can order directly from their sire in Europe http://ortofon-shop.com/shop/hifi-and-dj-application?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_lite_pdf.tpl&product_id=261&category_id=66 The buzzkiller is that the shipping is 9.50 euro so you have to pay 20 euro in total to get the ridiculously huge package that contains the small plastic cylinder with the Ortofon tips

Nov 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #120 of 164

Here are medium size comparable of Spinfit, original tips, and Ortofon tips. Ortofon is the smallest among them, Spinfit slight larger than the original. Based in your case I think you could try Spinfit medium size or Ortofon large.

So do you find the ortofon large tips are smaller than the stock large tips? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back