[Review] InEar SD-2, a $450 dual driver IEM worth every penny to my ears.
Jun 13, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #151 of 164

I did not judge on purpose. I would like to spend some more time with SD4 first.
However, I think it really depends on what you consider musical. For example, I prefer the CE4 over CE6 from Cosmic Ears because the voices sound more romantic to me, whereas other will say they need the bass quantity from CE6.

The SD2 - I might add, I honestly think it is at least as good as the CE4 - has these really beautiful voices. It makes (Jazz) vocals sound amazing. But on the other hand, SD4 will be the preferred choice for more energetic music that needs a little push from the low-end. Say Metal, Electronica,

How does the SD2 compare with the Grado GR10 , as those are also in ears that sounds particulairly well with voices, acoustic (jazz) music, but also with progrock,if well recorded, with the latest Steven Wilson you can clearly hear the bass, on less good recordings the bass is more in the background than let s say the IE80

May 25, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #152 of 164

I have the same situation, when I got my SE215. It is very good compared with my old iem beats tour that my friend gave me. Now I am waiting for my sd2s to come. But seriously, looks like I will spend more money on IEMs.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #157 of 164
i knew that the sd2/s have been years in the market already...
and i was surprised on how it surpasses my ORIVETI PRIMACY!

if i were to correct the sound of the primacy, making the vocals more front, the slam is harder, and details improved... it will be the sd2/s. :)
glad i sold my primacy for the sd2/s.
never knew that being old iems can still reign supreme to the latest iems on the market.

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #158 of 164
Yes,it is very hard to beat the SD2 as a universal package even though they have been out for a few years. One of the IEMs I will not ever see myself selling.

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #160 of 164
a small comparison between Inear Stagediver SD2s VS. Fitear TG334

TG334: (QUAD BA)

vocals are very well presented and clear, really an iem for vocal lovers.

i can say that this is one among the few iems whom i can say that the vocals are tuned correctly.

vocals are upfront. iem is build like tank. theres a lot of time and love given to this iem...

very tip dependent and cable rolling will be a good upgrade for the sound.

I noticed how great the dynamic range of this iem is, maybe due to being a quad BA driver.

Mids are great and forward. more micro details are presented well, soundstage is massive and 3d like, mellow but front.

the bass is highly defined, like a 4k in tvs, and theres a clear definition on the weight of the bass. Its like listening your usual tracks but now in High Definition. The bass, the treble is not overly presented and extended. It sounds natural and sweet.

Inear Stagediver SD2s: (DUAL BA)

warmish, natural and relax.

good for music in slow phased. jazz and blues.

iem shells looks like made from plastic if compared next to fitear. but its small that it fits more nicely inside the ears than the fitear. details are great but not on the same level as the fitear. vocals are smooth, more warm, instruments sounds natural. bass is a little lighter, fitears bass have more weight and definition.

both iems are well made.

both iems are good for vocals.

sd2s for casual listening.

tg334 for serious listening.

they are the iems that are worth their asking price.

tg334 is 63k. sd2s is 23k.

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #161 of 164
Hi guys I previously traded my sd2s for an IE80 but I got bored with the laid-back treble and overpowered bass, so I just sold it weeks ago.

Now I'm just listening with my ath bks77 temporarily and looking for a clean, detailed sounding IEM at around $500. I listen to various genres but more in metal, rock and sometimes female pop. I prefer bass in quality but not quantity, clear treble, wide soundstage and good resolution of instruments. Any thoughts?

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #162 of 164
Hi guys I previously traded my sd2s for an IE80 but I got bored with the laid-back treble and overpowered bass, so I just sold it weeks ago.

Now I'm just listening with my ath bks77 temporarily and looking for a clean, detailed sounding IEM at around $500. I listen to various genres but more in metal, rock and sometimes female pop. I prefer bass in quality but not quantity, clear treble, wide soundstage and good resolution of instruments. Any thoughts?

Get the SD-2 again :p But anyways, I would seriously consider the Final Audio F7200. I dont own one but after a long audition, it impressed me as much as the SD-2 with a similar voicing. I also like to listen to female pop but mainly vocals.

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #163 of 164
emusic13, I just tried the 1964 U5,with 4 high, 1 low BAs. I'm pretty impressed by its clarity. Fascinated at the high pitch vocal, it's transparent and airy. I'm not gonna repeat my previous earphone coz I wanna get a new sounding. But thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back