[Review] Indeed G3 Modded Hybrid Tube Amp
Dec 21, 2012 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay

Review for Indeed G3 Modded Hybrid Tube Amp

Modifications Include

[size=medium]I opened holes next to the tube so that bias adjustments, and switching between 6 and 12 series tubes can be done without removing the top acrylic plate. This also provides more heat venting.[/size]

[size=medium]On the bottom of the PCB I added 2 22K resistors parallel to the cathode resistors so that there is more range for adjusting the bias. The stock setup did not allow adjusting the bias voltage above 13 volts for 12 series. The tried and true values for bias voltages are 13V for 6 and 13.5V for 12. Also you can see where I soldered thick, solid wires to the PCB and ran them to the edge of the PCB. [/size]

I'm Using a Electro-Harmonix 6992EH Tube.

[size=medium]
  1. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=large]Technical specification:[/size][/size][/size]
    1. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]In Put Power: DC24V 900mA[/size][/size][/size]
    2. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Input Sensitivity:50mV[/size][/size][/size]
    3. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Input Impedance: 100KOhm[/size][/size][/size]
    4. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Out-Put Impedance:12~600 Ohm[/size][/size][/size]
    5. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Output:6V(before peak) measure at 33 Ohm loading[/size][/size][/size]
    6. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Dynamic range: 86dB((300 ohm) 90dB(33 ohm)[/size][/size][/size]
    7. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Gain:20dB[/size][/size][/size]
    8. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Frequency response:5Hz-30KHz +/- 0.25dB (Sub-Bass Off)[/size][/size][/size]
    9. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Sub-Bass (ON):100Hz + 8dB / 10KHz + 4dB ( volume knob turn in 9 O'clock position)[/size][/size][/size]
    10. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Minimum THD:  0.016%(300 ohm)  0.45%(13 ohm)[/size][/size][/size]
    11. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Signal/Noise Ratio >92dB[/size][/size][/size]
    12. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]RCA 2CH input X1 / 3.5mm 2CH input socket X 1  / RCA 2CH output X1[/size][/size][/size]
    13. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]6.3mm 2CH Output X1[/size][/size][/size]
    14. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Shipping Weight: 1kg[/size][/size][/size]
    15. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]Transformers AC100V ~AC240V\50~60Hz  1.8A  [/size][size=medium]DC output 24V2A[/size][/size][/size][/size]
    16. [size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small][size=10.5pt]It has a ferric filter ring on DC power cord to reduce noise; much high performance than other similar product.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[/size]  

I'm streaming Bit Perfect out of Win 7 -> Foobar 2000 [WASAPAI]  -> 3.5mm Out -> RCA In -> Indeed G3 -> Dt 880 [250ohm] 

I'm comparing to Bit Perfect out of my 3.5mm Stereo Out from Win 7-Foobar 2000 [WASAPI] -> 3.5mm Out-> Dt 880 [250 ohm]

The Amp has a "Sub Bass Switch" which increase the bass presence and brightness... by well A LOT. I will do the review with the Switch on and Off. 

So again, if your looking for the sound of the G3 you'll want the BOLD text. Check Under Impressions as well for genre pairing. The tube without boost, is great for everything really. The boost is where it gets genre specified! 

I'm using a Clean EQ out of Foobar and My Pc. So the amp is the primary color'er of the sound.

Track List Includes all 16bit Loss less Flac 

Tsurgui No Mai -Nujabes [Nu Jazz/ Hip Hop] (1)
Hey, Who Really Cares -Linda Perhacs [Acid Folk/ Female Vocals] (2)
Sacrifice Part Three-Hiroki Kikuta [Video Game OST] (3)
Sugame No Uo-Toshio Masuda [Anime OST] (4)
Backwards- Skream [Dub Step]  (5)
Outnumbered-London Elektricity [Drum n Bass/Nu Jazz-Male Vocals] (6) 
Bags' Grove- The Modern Jazz Quartet [Classical Jazz/Bebop/Male Vocals] (7)

Price Paid $100 Used and already Modified [lucky me!] 

Will Be Reviewing [Sound is Color Coated for Those that want to skip right to that]

Build [x/5]
Utility [x/5]
Sound [x/10]
  1. Highs [x/5]
  2. Mids [x/5]
  3. Bass [Lows] [x/5]
Price to Performance [x/5]
Build [3.5/5]
The build isn't bad but it's not great. Quality wise it's well built, but it's not enclosed... it's open. With the circuits exposed to dust and other physical contamination. In addition the amp is also vulnerable to interference from other electrical devices, like Cellular Phones. Granted it's not a HUGE impedance on the sound, but it's a detriment non the less. It's a stationary amp [needs to be plugged in] so non of that is a HUGE deal... still... not good nor bad...

Utility [5/5]
It's a stationary amp... so as a stationary amp it's great! It does it's job well. It's very small, looks very nice. The Volume knob is nice and big with a good feel to it [some of this might be build but I call it utility... u get the point the modifications done to it make it INCREDIBLY easy to tube Roll, so stock users may not enjoy the same utility that I do. Not to mention, adjust the bias is simple AND it has RCA ins and Outs, along with a 3.5mm in and a 1/4 Out.  All easy to use. the 1/4 is nice as well. Keep in mind also, this hybrid tube can use 6992 AND 12UA7 tubes! There is a jumper switch, that allows me to choose weather I want the 6volt or 12 volt circuits. So :D that's extra awesome! [an it's stock] Another awesome feature of the amp is the Bass Boost Switch! When you need a little extra "fun" in your music it does wonders! So as an amp goes, it's an incredibly useful amp! 

Sound [7.64/10] 
As a side note that really applies to all music out of the amp, the sound stage is slightly above neutral on the amp. The amp adds a little more depth to the bass, not to much but enough to keep the balance and great sound stage of the Dt 880 250ohm
 ​
off 
Highs [4.5/5] 
Extension is great on the amp, a good airy feel to it. Smooth highs. Good detail re-tension, and accuracy.​
 ​
Mids [4.7/5]
Yes, amp adds some very nice mids! Good lush sound from the tube, un amped (3) has a very tinny and hollow sound, but amped. The Indeed G3 adds lush warmth to the mids! Again, the Indeed G3 REALLY fills out the mids, good lush warm sound. Not to overly forward either. Good Balance​
Bass [4/5]
The amp gives the bass a little tighter, dryer feel to it, Detail is good, attack is plenty. Accurate and tight, good impact.​
 ​
 ​
The overall score of 7.64 reflects the amp's sound with and without the bass boost. While the boost is useful it is detrimental is some instances. The score is an average of the 30+ different scores, from the Impressions. 
 ​
Initial Impressions-Song by Song 

​
 ​
(1)
off
Highs [3.9/5]
Slightly grainy still, good sound though. Clear... well extended. I do enjoy the snares and high hats. Good Clean sound, not at all shrill nor recessed any. But nothing special, carries on the nice slightly bright sound of the Dt 880 250ohm. In addition, the amp has great detail, the slight hiss of the "iconic vinyl recorded player" can still be heard, this I assume is purposefully there. I notice it in a lot of Nujabes's music and,  I love how Nujabes adds that in the back ground! His New Age sound still reminds me of listening to my dads Vinyl Stereo when I was little! 

Mids [3.8/5]
... very nice... good lush stand. The Mids are not overly forward but have good body and clarity. Mids are still slightly recessed but... the detail is great and the sound is again very rich. This Hip-Hop Jazzy Track sounds nicely balanced as it should, nothing stands out more than it should! 

Bass [4.3/5]
Bass is nice, tight sound. Well extended. Not sloppy or loose. Great balance! Kick Drums has nice impact, while Electric Bass Guitar notes sound full and smooth. 

On
Highs[2.8/5]
For this song, the balance is lost with the "Sub Boost On" The highs are overly bright, still no sibilance or pain. But The overly bright nature of the highs with the boost "on" is rather annoying.

Mids [2.7/5]
The mids are still rich n slightly lush, but they fade to the background more than I'd like to. The Mids are what suffer the most in this Nu Jazz Hip Hop song... while the detail is still pleasant and the quality of the mids is still rich... they fade a little to far into the background for me 

Bass [4/5]
... Well I am a bass head, so I totally enjoy the extra kick in the Kick Drum as well as the rich smooth sexy bass line in the background. The detail is still there. So while I do REALLY enjoy the extra bass... it's a little to much for this Genre... but it's still nice <3

(2)
off

Highs[4/5]
The highs are nice! A soft guitar in the background has a light airy texture to it! Extends nice, again detail is wonderful. The sound is not, overly bright or harsh. Great Balance, good tone! 

Mids [5/5]

... It's like Sex with my ears! The mids are just WONDERFUL seductive! Linda's voice is soft, smooth, lush and warm... again great detail and the... sexual curiosity and lust in her voice and lyrics are wonderfully complimented by the tube! The lush, rich tone of her voice is really wonderful. The Indeed G3 really adds a great deal of mid to her voice and it's her voice that stands every so softly in front of everything else! 

Bass [4/5]
A soft bass line is well detailed in the background. Details is good, the bass in this song is... a little recessed... as it should be! It's a very gentle but again... detail is good and the dark rhythmic quality of the Bass 100% there! Sounds good! 

​
On
Highs[2.5/5]
Highs, are still nice... again a little to much energy for me... Linda's voice gets slightly sibilant at times... again the extra brightness... is not needed nor really beneficial here... But the guitar is brought forward a little more... which is nice I guess

Mids [1.9/5]
... The ear sex is gone... the mids are very recessed in this track with "sub Bass boost" on... it's like... the same but a complete let down... the magic is gone... the lust... not really there any more...

Bass [2.2/5]
Bad... WAY to much bass in her voice... it's.... not muddy but gives her voice a very wholly quality... just sounds pretty terrible. This track is very much dominated by her lush vocals, and the gentle music in the background... and the "sub bass boost" as Indeed calls it... ruins her voice. 

(3)
off
Highs[3.8/5]
Highs are good, bright great detail. There is a VERY quick pace to this ENTIRE song, and the highs really have great energy to them... there's a slight snare that's has great tone to it through the entire song... it's not to forward but not drowned out. An the High Notes of the Wood wind instruments are good... very pretty! 

Mids [4/5]
The mids are nice, there's a great tone to them, as well a good sense of lush warmth. There are wood winds and stringed instruments dominating the mids of the track, and the detail of them is wonderful. A nice lushness to them is present. The track is of course, arranged to bring a balanced sound from the entire spectrum, and the amp makes the mids a little to forward for me... but that's not a terribly bad thing! 

Bass [3.6/5]
The bass is slightly recessed in this track... something that Hiroki seems to favor in his music. Non the less the bass line is still very tight. The bass adds the fast aggressive rhythm of the song, with sufficient impact. As the song for the End Game Boss, the Indeed G3 maintains the tight slightly aggressive bass the song desires! But still recess that bass enough to keep the entire song balanced. 

On

Highs[4.2/5]
Highs are good, bright great detail. There is a VERY quick pace to this ENTIRE song, and the highs really have great energy to them... there's a slight snare that's has great tone to it through the entire song... I've noticed a nice string riff through the entire song with the "boost on" the boost adds a little extra energy to the song, which is appreciated! 

Mids [4.2/5]
The mids are nice, there's a great tone to them, as well a good sense of lush warmth. There are wood winds and stringed instruments dominating the mids of the track, and the detail of them is wonderful. A nice lushness to them is present. The track is of course, arranged to bring a balanced sound from the entire spectrum, and the amp does take away from that... a little bit... unless of course you've got the boost on! In which case, the mids are slightly recessed, but still with great detail and warmth.

Bass [4.8/5]
So... I'm a bit of a bass head, and I play the bass... that being said I LOVE the extra ENERGY and ATTACK the G3's "sub bass boost" brings to this song! The extra bass has GREAT detail and the low notes are wonderful. The upper mid bass of the FAST paced riff has good impact. :D I like it! 

(4)
off

Highs[4/5]
Very beautiful highs, good extension and nice airy feel! Very pleasant, the gentle chimes in the song add a happy bright feel to the song! Very pleasant... satisfying! 

Mids [4.9/5]
The ENTIRE OST, this song came from... introduce me to the MAGIC of mids! And the Indeed G3 just adds a wonderfully lush, warm, mysticism to the track. There is a lush ambiance in the mids that's incredibly soothing, and the bells are wonderful as well...  after Linda's LUST filled invigorating vocals, this track has a equally magically relaxing quality to it! Really beautiful! 

Bass [4.5/5]
For this track... the bass is well very VERY recessed... and it really should be. The mids add a dark warm ambiance, and the highs add a nice brightness. While there are some considerably low notes to the track... they peak in from time to time to keep the magic in the track. Very balanced... greatly appreciated! 

​
On

Highs[5/5]
Very beautiful highs, good extension and nice airy feel! Very pleasant, the gentle chimes in the song add a happy bright feel to the song! The highs... get a nice extra brightness to them that's really wonderful! There is a little extra detail with the boost on, so there's more MAGICAL mystical sounds in the highs! Good stuff. 

Mids [4/5]
And the Indeed G3 just adds a wonderfully lush, warm, mysticism to the track. There is a lush ambiance in the mids that's incredibly soothing, and the bells are wonderful as well... the boost... adds a little extra body to the lower mids in this song especially! Although... the boost does not really take away or add anything to the song really... the extra body and energy it gives... changes the song a little... some of the soothe in the mids, has turned to MAGIC in the highs... so the mids a slightly recessed but still very forward... the extra body is appreciated... similar but some how different and not as balanced or magical with boost on...

Bass [4/5]
The low notes peak in a little more, which adds a nice darkness to the song... contrasted by the brighter highs the song still maintains a lovely sound to it... although the extra bass... takes away from the mystery and ambiance of the song for me.

(5)
off
Highs[3.5/5]
Good nor bad... rather balanced... Dub Step is not really... for me I don't like balanced Dub Step... so the un Boosted G3 carries the Byers nice balanced sound! 

Mids [3/5]
Mids... in DUB STEP... what MADNESS IS THIS, still there is a little more warmth an lushness to the mids! So for Drum n Bass I imagine the G3 will be just the magic needed! [As the G3 is LOVELY with vocals] Still for Instrumental EDM... the extra warm mids are really irrelevant for me! There is, how ever an audio track in the intro... and the women's voice is pretty sexy with the Tubes <3

Bass [3/5]
... ooh! The Dt 880 has a nice deep sub bass with the G3, and a little more detail! Still Skream's tune is CRAVING more bass... so un boosted... the G3 has a very balanced bass! But I'm a bass head... WHO WANTS SOME BASS xD. 

On
Highs[4.5/5]
Ahh, YES. Bright snares and high hats. Good detail and great extension! Noticing some high notes that I missed before. Boost is great for Dub Step! 

Mids [3/5]
Mids... in DUB STEP... what MADNESS IS THIS, the boost doesn't take away from the mids but... it does recess them a little... which for me is a good thing in my Dub Step. But the mids are still, lush and warm! There is an audio track in the intro... and the women's voice is pretty sexy with the Tubes <3

Bass [5/5]
Mmmmmmmmm, deep smooth detailed SUB bass. Good impact, great energy! The Indeed G3 makes the Dt 880 a really great EDM can! 

(6)

off
Highs[4.5/5]
Ahh, YES. Bright snares and high hats. Good detail and great extension! High notes in the Guitar are also very nice, smooth sound. No sibilance. Love hearing the Bassist and Guitarist change chords! 

Mids [4/5]
Voices are lush, good warm tone to it. There's a xylophone... that sounds pretty amazing. Good lush sound, full bodied. Strings are present in the intro, they also sound wonderful! Very full, great detail. 

Bass [5/5]
These guys like a nice deep Bass Guitar in a this track. Good impact, deep and meaningful. Tight with nice detail. 
On
Highs[4.55/5]
Ahh, YES. Bright snares and high hats. Good detail and great extension! High notes in the Guitar are also very nice, smooth sound. No sibilance. Love hearing the Bassist and Guitarist change chords! The snares, have a little more energy. Sounds good. 

Mids [3.8/5]
Voices are lush, good warm tone to it. There's a xylophone... that sounds pretty amazing. Good lush sound, full bodied. Strings are present in the intro, they also sound wonderful! Very full, great detail. Still, the boost does recess the mids ever so slightly, female voices suffer slightly. 

Bass [5/5]
These guys like a nice deep Bass Guitar in a this track. Good impact, deep and meaningful. Tight with nice detail. Male voices, gain nice body with boost on. An of course that sexy bass guitar riff, stays just as tight. But come forward a little more. 

(7)
off
Highs[4.5/5]
High hats and snares, once again sound great. Good detail and extension. Nice energy and presentation.  Some of the higher Piano notes, also have good detail and tone! 

Mids [4.5/5]
... smooth sexy MALE vocals... wow never though I'd say that. The polyphony is wonderful, the voices have a wonderful lush quality to it! Very rich and fantastic. There seems to be another xylophone and it too has good body and a nice smooth lush presentation! 
Bass [3.8/5]
Percy Heath's bass line are wonderful! Very subtle though, good rhythm and nice impact. Sadly though the Double Bass, is not presented as well as the Electric bass. Still though, the track has good balance, focus is on the Mids with the support of the bass. 

On

Highs[4.5/5]
High hats and snares, once again sound great. Good detail and extension. Nice energy and presentation.  Some of the higher Piano notes, also have good detail and tone! Balanced highs from the amp in this track... there are a few high horn notes in this as well! Once again, the amp has good detail re-tension and extension! 

Mids [4/5]
... smooth MALE vocals... wow never though I'd say that. The polyphony is wonderful, the voices have a wonderful lush quality to it! Very rich and fantastic. There seems to be another xylophone and it too has good body and a nice smooth lush presentation! The richness of the tube gives the polyphony a wonderful sound! Polyphony is, in case you didn't know,  the use of multiple voices used to sing notes of music, as opposed to one person.  In addition these male vocalist make wonderful music [as there are no "spoke words"] Interestingly, the mids  are not too drowned out by the bass in this track! The retain much of there lushness even with the extra bass and highs. 

Bass [5/5]
Percy Heath's bass line are wonderful! Very tight, great tone. Nice detail and good impact. The tube adds a very nice bottom end sound, while the bass line is submissive to the other elements, it is in no way drowned out by the richness of the mids or the highs! In addition, the amp adds a little lush body to the male voices! Giving them a nice full sound. Very un expected, the bass boost did NOT ruin this jazz piece! But gave it additional detail, and of course I love a good bass line... a little more than I do singing men! 

Conclusion 
 ​
Great little Tube Hybrid, plenty of power and EXCELLENT functionality. This little amp has a wonderful sound and a great price tag. Highly recommended for any one looking to get into Tube amps! 

Price to Performance  9.5/10! 

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 40
Spell Checked, classic vocal jazz track added, bass boost confirmed as useful for Classic Jazz [SHOCKER :O] Nu Jazz how ever does NOT like the Bass boost

This is my final edit I hope.... 

Dec 22, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #4 of 40
Quote:
Great review Mshenay. These amps have always intrigued me.
Just to confirm, could the tube used be 6922/6DJ8/7308?
Again, great job...
Cheers!
Sent from my iPad from Ultrasone Planet using Tapatalk HD

... that's a good question... I might check with my buyer. But I s hould have mentioned the Amp has an option for using 12UA7 tubes as well via a "jumper switch" 

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #5 of 40
Great review.  This looks very similar to the Project Sunrise II, but priced for much less.  Regardless, both designs seem to be have very good sound quality for the money.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #6 of 40
What's funny is that you originally wanted a no thrills tube amp that didn't involve any soldering by yourself done which is why you avoided the Bravo, but maybe I have missed out something but you have performed the mods on the G3, a modded Bravo sounds better than a G3 Indeed.

Oh and by the way theirs a completely decked out modded Bravo for sale for USD$100 in the F/S section.

YMMV, good luck

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #7 of 40
Quote:
Great review Mshenay. These amps have always intrigued me.
Just to confirm, could the tube used be 6922/6DJ8/7308?
Again, great job...
Cheers!
Sent from my iPad from Ultrasone Planet using Tapatalk HD

Yes, any of those tubes will work.  They are all from the same tube family.  You can roll the different tubes and it will change the sound signature of the Indeed.  You just want to make sure both triodes in the tube are pretty much matched as each triode is used to support a separate sound channel.  If you don't, then one of your sound channels may not sound as good as the other.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #8 of 40
Oh yea, good point! I've yet to roll the amp with a new tube, seeing as I'm without a multimeter atm. Non the less soon though I'll be getting my Dt 990s and hopefully some other goodies [like a tube and a Multi Meter]

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:
Great review.  This looks very similar to the Project Sunrise II, but priced for much less.  Regardless, both designs seem to be have very good sound quality for the money.

The sunrise 2 destroys this amp. My ps2 has only cooked 20 hours or so. The G3 is real nice for bassheads but if you're not looking for bass boost the sunrise 2 is better IMO. Gonna order a bottlehead crack kit tho so maybe it'll blow the ps2 outta the water.
 The ps2 has the easiest biasing. You set a jumper(accessible w/cover on) and watch LED's until the high starts to light up. Trim pots are high quality and accessible with cover on. Has jumper for high and low impedance heaphones accessible on side. Also can change led glow under tube. Comes with a great manual on pdf. G3 I had to solder leads to the underside of the board to set bias and you have to remove the cover to get to trim pots. No manual with the G3. 
 Maybe an unfair comparison as my G3 is defective. Quit working after about 25 hours. Be about 2 months before I get my replacement and this thread will be dead by then.
 Excellent review Mshenay
Rergards,
Mop

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #10 of 40
Quote:
 The sunrise 2 destroys this amp. My ps2 has only cooked 20 hours or so. The G3 is real nice for bassheads but if you're not looking for bass boost the sunrise 2 is better IMO. Gonna order a bottlehead crack kit tho so maybe it'll blow the ps2 outta the water.
 The ps2 has the easiest biasing. You set a jumper(accessible w/cover on) and watch LED's until the high starts to light up. Trim pots are high quality and accessible with cover on. Has jumper for high and low impedance heaphones accessible on side. Also can change led glow under tube. Comes with a great manual on pdf. G3 I had to solder leads to the underside of the board to set bias and you have to remove the cover to get to trim pots. No manual with the G3. 
 Maybe an unfair comparison as my G3 is defective. Quit working after about 25 hours. Be about 2 months before I get my replacement and this thread will be dead by then.
 Excellent review Mshenay
Rergards,
Mop

yea the Indeed G3 is GREAT for edm, and that's why I own it! Other Wise my self loading Millet Max is pretty much better for everything elese. Although my indeed G3 has LOADS OF POWER, where as my Millet and it's nice mullards do not had as much power. So sadly my dt 880s r on the Millet and my Mad Dogs dt 990 and Xb 700's r on the Indeed, plus my INdeed has a Nice RCA Clear Top 12ua7, so even for the mad dog [which does not get bass boosted to often] it sounds nice

still ps2 might have been nice xD

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #11 of 40
Quote:
yea the Indeed G3 is GREAT for edm, and that's why I own it! Other Wise my self loading Millet Max is pretty much better for everything elese. Although my indeed G3 has LOADS OF POWER, where as my Millet and it's nice mullards do not had as much power. So sadly my dt 880s r on the Millet and my Mad Dogs dt 990 and Xb 700's r on the Indeed, plus my INdeed has a Nice RCA Clear Top 12ua7, so even for the mad dog [which does not get bass boosted to often] it sounds nice

still ps2 might have been nice xD

Ooooh. I've never heard a starving student. The G3 is quite powerful I just found the ps2 a little cleaner. Really nice review tho. Spot on

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #12 of 40
Quote:
Ooooh. I've never heard a starving student. The G3 is quite powerful I just found the ps2 a little cleaner. Really nice review tho. Spot on

yea the Starviong student isn't as powerful [but the tubes I use have a lower voltage pourposeully] non the less I, al 250ohm cans atm, when I go for 600ohm I will ofc buy a Little Dot MK Iv or something! 

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #13 of 40
Maybe consider the bottlehead crack. Lots of power,customizable,and fun to put together. Just got my kit.
The ps2 has an output impedance selector so it sounds good with my 250ohm dt990 or my modded t50rps(50ohm i think)
Now u got me looking to buy a starving student kit. This jobby is sooo expensive but i luv it :D

Mar 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #14 of 40
Quote:
Maybe consider the bottlehead crack. Lots of power,customizable,and fun to put together. Just got my kit.
The ps2 has an output impedance selector so it sounds good with my 250ohm dt990 or my modded t50rps(50ohm i think)
Now u got me looking to buy a starving student kit. This jobby is sooo expensive but i luv it
biggrin.gif

YUP, I don't build amps though e.e I just Collect em. I get pissed off enough when I have to build and fix my pc I don't want MORE eletronics to mess with -.-. Plus I work in Resutrants and that's an exhausting and never ending learning process as well, don't want TO many OMG SPECILIZED skillz under mah belt e.e at least till I'm, outa college that is

and SCREW the Bottle Head Crack... it's UGLY and only has ONE TUBE BOOOOOOO. I'll buy a Little Dot MK IV for half the price and enjoy it's sexi ness

Mar 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:
YUP, I don't build amps though e.e I just Collect em. I get pissed off enough when I have to build and fix my pc I don't want MORE eletronics to mess with -.-. Plus I work in Resutrants and that's an exhausting and never ending learning process as well, don't want TO many OMG SPECILIZED skillz under mah belt e.e at least till I'm, outa college that is

and SCREW the Bottle Head Crack... it's UGLY and only has ONE TUBE BOOOOOOO. I'll buy a Little Dot MK IV for half the price and enjoy it's sexi ness

I hear ya on the time thing. Got a 13 yr old daughter...nuff said 
wink_face.gif
 The crack comes with 2 tubes, a 6080 driver tube, I have a tung-sol 5998, and a 12au7. I'm gonna put in a switch for 6v tubes also but 1 thing at a time LOL. I love the way the crack looks but that's just me
beyersmile.png
 Plus it's an OTL amp. I have a fournier hta 2 with 2 1948 5814 matched ken rads in it. It's def smoove
 Thanks again for the review.
Best,
Mop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back