[Review] HiSoundAudio Crystal
May 8, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:
good question. and not the first time i heard it
well, i wanted to try something different , and i dont like to have many pairs at the same time

Yeh have always had an urge to try new things until i have found the perfect earphone (if it exists) although i am very impressed with my ASG-1s as it stands. I personally like a collection on my hands to directly compare.

So an even better question would be what did you replace them with and are you glad you did so or regret it?

May 8, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #18 of 27
not yet. my only iem now, is a Eterna v1, which i'm waiting for a replacement. different sound at all.

i'll probably get the dba-02 v2, but i'm worried for the bass

May 8, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:
not yet. my only iem now, is a Eterna v1, which i'm waiting for a replacement. different sound at all.

i'll probably get the dba-02 v2, but i'm worried for the bass

Hmmm i have the original DBA and will be getting the V2 also. The bass in quantity is perhaps 30% of the crystal however at least 85-95% better quality. It punches nicely and the details are second to none. However Just received the TDK BA200 and so far the detail is perhaps on par with DBA-02 badd (can't say yet) and the quantity is much closer to that off the crystal. 

The first sentence confused me a bit?

May 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #20 of 27
i mean, i havent found a something to replace the Crystal, yet.
i bought the Eterna, not to replace the Crystal , but just to try something quite different. but as they were faulty i sent them back , and now i'm waiting for a new pair
i dont know if i'd find something to be called an upgrade to the Crystal. the FXT90 and GR07 , seem to be some options , but as i said , for the price i'd go for the DBA first, or even try the GR06 before the GR07, as it's a safer bet

May 9, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:
i mean, i havent found a something to replace the Crystal, yet.
i bought the Eterna, not to replace the Crystal , but just to try something quite different. but as they were faulty i sent them back , and now i'm waiting for a new pair
i dont know if i'd find something to be called an upgrade to the Crystal. the FXT90 and GR07 , seem to be some options , but as i said , for the price i'd go for the DBA first, or even try the GR06 before the GR07, as it's a safer bet

Ok i see. So you have not really had anything proper as such since the crystals that have been working. The Eterna are meant to be very good so i will be curious of your preference. From what i have read the GR07 are just amazing earphones regardless of everything. The DBA-02 are very different to crystals and i think with yours;f worrying about bass check out the BA200s. They are very nice.

I still can not believe no one wants to sign up for the loaner tour!

May 11, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:
so, no one signed for the loan?? people are missing this! i'd happily take it if i hadnt owned it before

+1
FYI, the Crystals are the smallest dynamic driver phone I own, it's even smaller than the EPH-100 and about the same size as my CK10....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back