REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
Dec 13, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #32 of 161

Quote:
I look forward to the day that you have a pair of HE-500's handy to compare to your HE-6's, Peter. I would be very interested to read about how you think the two compare. (On a vaguely-related note, how do those LCD-3's compare to HiFiMAN's flagship set of cans?)

Hi Vince, I haven't heard the HE-500s yet. But I believe Rob's (Skylab) review of the HE-500s had a direct comparison to the HE-6s from what I remember.

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #34 of 161
Awesome review!

I promised myself I would never go over 600$ on a headphone... but now it seems I have a reason to. But better yet, I have the benefit of buying it for less than 500$ :D. Buying it tomorrow!

Now I better look into getting an amp. I don't know if I want the ef5, even if I can get a sick price on that. Decisions, decisions!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 15, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #36 of 161
Great review, Frank. I like your style with these things.

As I've mentioned, if I had to limit myself to just one headphone for all types of music,I'd probably choose the HE-500. In the two months I owned them, I didn't come across a single recording that sounded bad with them.

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #37 of 161

Quote:

As I've mentioned, if I had to limit myself to just one headphone for all types of music,I'd probably choose the HE-500. In the two months I owned them, I didn't come across a single recording that sounded bad with them.

This is a very strong statement from someone who, among other headphones, have Audeze LCD-3 and HiFiMan HE-6!

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #38 of 161
Indeed, these got my attention now too! Great review btw, really useful!

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #39 of 161

Quote:

Thanks for the kind words and I agree with your comment also really a nice can. They are a nice all rounder

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #41 of 161
nice review,enjoyed while reading.
so,does somebody are thinking the HE500 is the cheaper top-hi-end headphone and the best top-hi-end phone considering the price-quality factor?too many opinion are tempting me on buying one...
beerchug.gif
thanks

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #42 of 161

Quote:
nice review,enjoyed while reading.
so,does somebody are thinking the HE500 is the cheaper top-hi-end headphone and the best top-hi-end phone considering the price-quality factor?too many opinion are tempting me on buying one...
beerchug.gif
thanks

Thanks. I am more inclined to say the HE500 for the price offers value and performance that IMO makes this a cant miss buy. I believe it competes well with any headphone I have owned and for less money than others. Performance to price is off the charts good. From headphone to headphone its always about preference and is subjective but i can say for me this headphone does everything I expect from a top tier headphone and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back