REVIEW HIFIMAN HE500 A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH
Jan 1, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #121 of 161
I just don't understand this at all...
you take good headphones and then run your music through gimmicky software that artificially distorts it away from how the artist intended it?? 

I don't think you should spend good money on high end headphones to do that to the music, you could save a bunch of money and go see live music

Quote:
well i use freesurround and dolby headphone with my k701, i hope it will work well with the he-500 because i cant stand music without those plugins.

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #122 of 161

Quote:
I just don't understand this at all...
you take good headphones and then run your music through gimmicky software that artificially distorts it away from how the artist intended it?? 

I don't think you should spend good money on high end headphones to do that to the music, you could save a bunch of money and go see live music

I think you're missing the part where i take good headphones and then make them sound better.

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #123 of 161
to each his own I suppose. To me it seems like colourizing a black and white movie. Sacrilege comes to mind.

Quote:
I think your (you're) missing the part where i take good headphones and then make them sound better.

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #124 of 161
like i have said b4 music is recorded in 2.0 which is our headphone type...why make it 5.1 with a software when it's original is 2.0..when you said that " I think you're missing the part where i take good headphones and then make them sound better. " I completely disagree with it.you don't really make them sound better its just better in your ears not to the others..well i guess people here in Head-Fi maybe imo 98% of them listen to music/songs just the way it is without any plug-ins that makes 2.0 turn to 5.1.. imo

no offence its just my nubie understanding about music..which all music is recorded in 2.0 (if it isn't specialized in making it 5.1)

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #125 of 161

Quote:
like i have said b4 music is recorded in 2.0 which is our headphone type...why make it 5.1 with a software when it's original is 2.0..when you said that " I think you're missing the part where i take good headphones and then make them sound better. " I completely disagree with it.you don't really make them sound better its just better in your ears not to the others..well i guess people here in Head-Fi maybe imo 98% of them listen to music/songs just the way it is without any plug-ins that makes 2.0 turn to 5.1.. imo

no offence its just my nubie understanding about music..which all music is recorded in 2.0 (if it isn't specialized in making it 5.1)

Everyone has their sound preference and its all subjective and the He500 should play these well. Please lets get back on the HE500. Multi channel recording and other topics should have their own thread and your topic is interesting for a new thread. Thanks for the input and to answer your question I have not tried the HE500 with anything other than my SACD player and Ipod all two channel.  As your question is interesting and you should start a thread and you will get better responses and more opinions on your topic. I am not so sure your 98 percent people listen to music is accurate but you will get answers to all those questions on your thread.Thanks

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #127 of 161

Quote:

lol i perfectly understand that the quality and clarity is diminishing. I just like a massive soundstage, and to me that makes it better.

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #129 of 161
I would first consider aftermarket cochlear implant as the provided cable seems to do a very god job at carrying electricity...
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #130 of 161
I got my new-generation pair of HE-500's a couple of weeks ago. I'm really enjoying them. I'd highly recommend that you proceed with their new $699 price. My sense of the new sliver cable is really good, though I admit to not hearing any of the alternatives.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #131 of 161

Quote:
I got my new-generation pair of HE-500's a couple of weeks ago. I'm really enjoying them. I'd highly recommend that you proceed with their new $699 price. My sense of the new sliver cable is really good, though I admit to not hearing any of the alternatives.

I will be getting the Norse and Qcables here in a week or so and will report on the cables but mine is the copper OCC now. I guess you are enjoying the silver cable.

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #133 of 161

Quote:
Moved to another thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/549413/hifiman-introduces-new-he-500-planar-magnetic-headphones/1140.

Huh?  This thread hasn't moved.  That's the original HE-500 thread that predates this one, which is specifically a review.

I realize you were trying to be helpful, but no, that's not correct.

Jan 9, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #134 of 161
Sorry, that's not at all what I meant.  I posted here and then found the other thread, which seems to have more people actively viewing/responding.  So I moved MY post there instead of double posting.  I couldn't find an option to just delete the post, only edit it, so I did that.  Sorry for the confusion!

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #135 of 161
Frank I

You wrote a rave review on the HE-6, http://www.head-fi.org/t/538737/amazing-and-dynamic-he6, and now this one on the HE-500.  In your HE-6 review you state "A remarkable product that will provide me with years of long term satisfaction and alongside my LCD2 and HD800 is a permanent resident."    You obviously like HiFiman cans.  Comparing the two, amplification and cost aside, which to you prefer?

The reason I ask is I'm considering as my first venture into headphonia, the HE-6, LCD-2v2 or LCD-3 and T1.  Now I've read this review so may want to add the 500s to my audition list.

Great review on both, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back