REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock Headphone Impressions here, No Mods other than cables (Review in Progress)
Jun 27, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #151 of 243
  I will be unboxing the latest revision of HE-560 and listening to them this Friday and this weekend, and I'll update this thread after that - I want to burn them in for at least 100 hours though.

Excellent.  Looking forward to it.  Enjoy 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #152 of 243
  I will be unboxing the latest revision of HE-560 and listening to them this Friday and this weekend, and I'll update this thread after that - I want to burn them in for at least 100 hours though.

Remember to wear them when burning in, the pads need burn in too 
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #155 of 243
Really would love to see how he feels this compares with the 400i. Honestly sounds like the perfect headphone.

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #157 of 243
Why don't we all just live & get on with it instead of getting ourselves messed up with 'does this do that?' et al and enjoy life? What does it matter that this amp does this and that amp do the other - these cans are better than those cans ? So what? We are wasting so much time.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #158 of 243
Why don't you all just live a little, experience life instead of getting yourselves messed up with 'does this do that?' et al and enjoy life? WFT does it matter that this amp does this and that amp do the other - these cans are better than those cans ? So ******* what?

It's what the forum is about.

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #159 of 243
  Can the pre-560 pads be purchased? Or, are you referring to the stock HE leather pads used on all?

The pre-production 560 pads are called the Focus Pad A (production is called Focus Pad).  I'm not sure if they're still on the HiFiMan website for sale though.  

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #160 of 243

The pre-production 560 pads are called the Focus Pad A (production is called Focus Pad).  I'm not sure if they're still on the HiFiMan website for sale though.  

FocusPad-A 
smily_headphones1.gif

head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=203

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #161 of 243
hey guys, just wondering if you all had any amplifier recommendations to pair with the he-560? I was considering project ember, but I am not sure if that is the best value for for $380ish and if it had enough power for these headphones. thanks for the advice!! :)

edit: I guess budget would be around $500 absolute max.
edit2: kinda looked at hifiman's amp line-up too b/c it's within my price range. anyone have experience with EF5 paired w/ the he-560?

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #162 of 243
hey guys, just wondering if you all had any amplifier recommendations to pair with the he-560? I was considering project ember, but I am not sure if that is the best value for for $380ish and if it had enough power for these headphones. thanks for the advice!! :)

The Audio GD SA31SE was the one I got based on a friend's recommendation.
It is no longer offered on Audio-gd but you should ask them about it (it's been just a few days since they took it down).
It's got lots of juice and a slightly warner tonality but it's definitely a smooth SS amp. Really like it.
It is slightly above your budget but you should really check it out :)

Aug 24, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #163 of 243

edit2: kinda looked at hifiman's amp line-up too b/c it's within my price range. anyone have experience with [COLOR=444444]EF5 paired w/ the he-560?[/COLOR]

I've had good results with HE560 paired on Lyr & Mini x a100. Both these amps are a bit on the warm side and give a little more meat to the HE560's midrange.

I also used Magni which works fine too but it's a bit bright and thin relative to the other two.

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #165 of 243
^ got me a mini-x for my he-500..looks like I won't upgrade my amp when I get my he-560! Thanks bieber

If it works fine with he-500 it'll likely do well with 560 too. I know mine did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back