[REVIEW] Head-Direct / HifiMAN RE-252 - 'balance' redefined
Nov 30, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #31 of 35
Can you put the foam back in easily? and how did you take it out (i dont want to damage mine)?
I may try this mine are on there way. $100 for RE252= WIN

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baird GoW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you put the foam back in easily? and how did you take it out (i dont want to damage mine)?
I may try this mine are on there way. $100 for RE252= WIN

Yes, you can. The mod is the same as RE1 treble mod I described before, and it is fully reversible. First, You need to be careful on removing the sticky filter so you can use it again. To remove the foam, just use a small pointy nose clip or anything similar to grab the foam and pull it out. Place the sticky filter and voila!

If you don't like what you head and want to place the foam back, just remember to stuff both foam in the same fashion so you won't make it too tight on one side. If you do, pull the foam out and try again.

Dec 5, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #33 of 35
Thanks for the review - I just read it and it looks like we came to the same conclusions about it. I am using the bi-flange tips, but some day will experiment more with the others.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet Infidel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You say RE252 is more in the mids than RE0. I found removing the foam on my REOs brought the mids forward. With this in mind, how would you compare RE0 without foam to RE252 with foam?

RE0 w/o foam has more upfront mid, but also introduce a little bit of sibilance. I'll say it is about on par RE252 w/ foam. Once both foam are removed, I think I'll still rate RE252 over RE0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back