REVIEW: Go Vibe Petite DAC/AMP vs. D1
Feb 14, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #76 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by jstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for being newbie here, but with Go Vibe Petite do I still need a soundcard for PC?

Or do I just plug this in and choose "DAC" from sound devices.

Thinking to pair these with Denon D2000.

As long as you don't plan to video conference or voice chat/skype, that would be fine, but you need a sound card for mic input.

Feb 14, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #77 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as you don't plan to video conference or voice chat/skype, that would be fine, but you need a sound card for mic input.

Thanks for your reply.

Did you mean that I need sound card and mic input in case of voice chat / skype?

But if I just want to listen music, I don't need any other soundcard and I can disable my onboard old chip, correct?

How those USB-DAC/AMP devices are shown in PC? Do they need any drivers or special software?

E-MU 0404 has a word "usb soundcard" on it, so we newbies understand that.
smily_headphones1.gif
But if some DAC has USB, that means USB soundcard basically, correct?

If there is FAQ / KB / Wiki for these basics, you can refer to there. I want to learn, this forum has so much data and it is hard to find the very basic info.

Feb 14, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #78 of 133
I am using the go vibe petite on my laptop with my dennon 2000's and it sounds great.

It installs automaticly and then go to your music playback software, I use foobar. there you pic the device for playback and you can pick direct sound or kernal streaming for the dac.

I picked kernal streaming and it sounds very good. handles the dennon very well.

Feb 14, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #80 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by jstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E-MU 0404 has a word "usb soundcard" on it, so we newbies understand that.
smily_headphones1.gif
But if some DAC has USB, that means USB soundcard basically, correct?

Yes, if a DAC is USB, it IS a usb "soundcard". The emu just basically put it into laymens terms....

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #81 of 133
hear my saaaaad dillema.
well, i finally got my e9's today.
and i'm currently using this fabulous amp with my f12 input and with that inserted, there's
no way i can plug my e9....
so i can't use these wonderful
headphones with this kick $(%
amp...
urghhhhh!!!!!!

Feb 19, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #84 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo3014 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hear my saaaaad dillema.
well, i finally got my e9's today.
and i'm currently using this fabulous amp with my f12 input and with that inserted, there's
no way i can plug my e9....
so i can't use these wonderful
headphones with this kick $(%
amp...
urghhhhh!!!!!!

So sad...

Guess you'll need to use forgo the F12 or use it with extension through to a smaller plug.

Now I am letting my kick #$@ Petite rest a little, why?...

Cos I got a new dogbone amp from Jaben... the Travagan's color by Taiwan's David Lin who used to be with Firestone Audio (think iCute/Little Country). Simple "fun" amp for use with headphone out and just matches my Muvo Vidz for size and colour. Neat accessories pack too! Back to my new toy... hahaha.
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just when I thought I was immune to the toxins at that place... help.
frown.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #85 of 133
Went down to jaben 2 times to test this baby and im stunned at how much it improves the SQ clarity, soundstage, and bass.... Im getting mine on monday, for once im glad I live in Sg :X

Anyone whos going to jaben should try this!!

Borrow the 4G ipod from them -> Eagles-Hotel Califonia -> Silver interconnect -> Govibe -> ews9...
biggrin.gif
addictive.... i bought the album already for my ipod so i can't wait till monday!!

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #86 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by tristram /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So sad...

Guess you'll need to use forgo the F12 or use it with extension through to a smaller plug.

Now I am letting my kick #$@ Petite rest a little, why?...

Cos I got a new dogbone amp from Jaben... the Travagan's color by Taiwan's David Lin who used to be with Firestone Audio (think iCute/Little Country). Simple "fun" amp for use with headphone out and just matches my Muvo Vidz for size and colour. Neat accessories pack too! Back to my new toy... hahaha.
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just when I thought I was immune to the toxins at that place... help.
frown.gif

hehe i always saw that little dogbone but never tried it before! I think its only the length of a middle finger if im not wrong?

Feb 23, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #87 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went down to jaben 2 times to test this baby and im stunned at how much it improves the SQ clarity, soundstage, and bass.... Im getting mine on monday, for once im glad I live in Sg :X

Borrow the 4G ipod from them -> Eagles-Hotel Califonia -> Silver interconnect -> Govibe -> ews9...
biggrin.gif
addictive.... i bought the album already for my ipod so i can't wait till monday!!

Yeah, it's great convenience that Uncle's shop is here in Sg. Of course the other good shops too. Good to hear you found your synergistic combo to enjoy.

Quote:

hehe i always saw that little dogbone but never tried it before! I think its only the length of a middle finger if im not wrong?

Try it, it's pretty good. I like the smooth richness of its sound. It would have been my on-the-go amp if it wasn't susceptible to the "buzzing" interferences from nearby mobile phones. Well, guess nothing's really perfect.

About the bone's length, it is 6 cm or about my little (last) finger.

Anyway, great for you that you are getting the Petite. Mine's clocking most of my listening hours I got these days whether as amp or DAC. Enjoy.
icon10.gif

Feb 23, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #88 of 133
Has anyone had success trying this amp with the ATH-ESW9's?
I wonder, since they both apparently have a warm sound signature, if together it might be too much of a good thing?

Feb 23, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #89 of 133
I use it with ES7 and when USB been used it is to much, but through LOD with no EQ quite good. They still burning at the moment and the sound improves every day, so maybe after 100 hours they will sound bit different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaughn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder, since they both apparently have a warm sound signature, if together it might be too much of a good thing?

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #90 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaughn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check out the post above yours:

Quote:

biggrin.gif

He liked it a ton. I personally have no experience with it, but with Grado's, the Petite is AWESOME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back