[REVIEW] Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 and impressions thread
Jun 18, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #91 of 269
I don't agree that these are "darker" than the Atrios.  But it depends on your definition of darker - if you mean "cleaner deep bass" then definitely - I can pick out textures on the bass notes on complex dance tracks, even when there is a lot going on.

My first listening tests have shown the sound on these to be more spatial than the Atrios.  They have better stereo separation but also an almost 3 dimensional quality to the sound.  I tested using some orchestral (Rachmaninov piano concerto #4) on the way to work this morning, and found that compared the Atrios I could pick out the positioning of the instruments in the orchestra.

On listening to some hard drum and bass music, I found the sound more open and the deep bass could breathe more easily, and didn't interfere with the mids.

It's still early days as I've only been using them less than 5 hours - I feel the mids haven't opened up yet, they sound quite flat, but I'm hoping in time they will develop.

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #93 of 269
Just placed my order this morning with FS directly...fantastic customer service. They should be here Monday, so can't wait to give them a listen. 

I had no idea, but FS is based outside of Philly almost right on top of where I used to live. I went to college in Philly (Temple Owls, baby!!!!) and consider it my adopted hometown (which I have the right to do since I was born in PA :)  )  Anyway, happy to support a PA-based company, especially one outside of the greatest city in the world!

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #94 of 269
  Just placed my order this morning with FS directly...fantastic customer service. They should be here Monday, so can't wait to give them a listen. 

I had no idea, but FS is based outside of Philly almost right on top of where I used to live. I went to college in Philly (Temple Owls, baby!!!!) and consider it my adopted hometown (which I have the right to do since I was born in PA :)  )  Anyway, happy to support a PA-based company, especially one outside of the greatest city in the world!

I was happy to find out also I drove 10 min from my house and picked them right up from there. It was really cool meeting the owner Mr. Garcia
At first they did sound on the warmer side when comparing them to a reference pair of customs I use to get a starting point. when using them with the AK100II they did sound rather warm, they still sounded good but the midrange for sure wasn't what I expected. Never really thinking about it the AK100II is a slightly warm dap, I switched over to my Sony NWZ??? not sure what model, and it was night and day the mids really came to life.

Jun 18, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #95 of 269

I was happy to find out also I drove 10 min from my house and picked them right up from there. It was really cool meeting the owner Mr. Garcia
At first they did sound on the warmer side when comparing them to a reference pair of customs I use to get a starting point. when using them with the AK100II they did sound rather warm, they still sounded good but the midrange for sure wasn't what I expected. Never really thinking about it the AK100II is a slightly warm dap, I switched over to my Sony NWZ??? not sure what model, and it was night and day the mids really came to life.

Wow, we used to be neighbors! :)

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #96 of 269

Ak100ii isn't a warm dap... In fact, it's on the brighter side of neutral... wow they must be pretty warm then...

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #97 of 269

I don't have the ZX2 anymore but have been using fs with AK100ii and agree with you.
Will try with Hugo this weekend

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #98 of 269

*twitch* I didn't realize. Haven't really used my Atrios much since moving to the Philly area. If only I had some cash on hand, I'd trek over there and pick up the G10 immediately... :frowning2:

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #102 of 269
The Mg7's were my favorite iems, until I lost them.. Then I bought jvc fxz200 and they happened to be superior in every department, except one. Subbass. I doubt if there exist another iem (whatever the price is) with so rich, absorbing, deep rumbling subbass as Atrios. The fxz200 are really great tripple driver iems, but even they couldn't reproduce DAT ULTRA DEEP RUMBLE I heard from Atrios. The G10 definitely got my attention now.

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #103 of 269

*twitch* I didn't realize. Haven't really used my Atrios much since moving to the Philly area. If only I had some cash on hand, I'd trek over there and pick up the G10 immediately... :frowning2:

Dang, I need to move back to Philly...we could have some killer audio meets! One of my biggest regrets in life was leaving there...I owe that city so much for helping me transition from a wandering lost soul to an independent, educated, productive member of society lol. I used to love getting my monthly SEPTA pass (that's the rail transit system for those who don't speak Philly) and just exploring as many places as I could go. I'd drive one mile to the station in Warminster, and then just use the rail to get anywhere and everywhere. What a great city.....*sigh*

Anyway, yeah, I cant WAIT to give these G10s a listen on Monday :)

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #104 of 269
I was just in Warminster yesterday right on Street Road. What a small world we live in, I go to Phillys free concert on the Parkway every year for July 4th. It is a very under rated city, they were just filming there for the next Rocky movie a couple months ago.

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #105 of 269
I was just in Warminster yesterday right on Street Road. What a small world we live in, I go to Phillys free concert on the Parkway every year for July 4th. It is a very under rated city, they were just filming there for the next Rocky movie a couple months ago.

lol, small world indeed. I agree 100% that it's underrated. Some of the things I love best about Philly (the aforementioned rail system, the passionte sports fans and amazing sports culture, the music scene, the food, etc, etc) are the same things that I feel are lacking here in Atlanta. I couldn't be more proud to have spent time there. You live in an amazing city, my friend. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back