[REVIEW] Future Sonics Atrio M5 with MG7 transducer
Jul 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #46 of 93

Quote:
If the cords bother you that much, send em back.  My Atrios have a great cord

I probably will send them back before the SonyEx1000 and SonyEx600 get here.

@Kunlun, 
etysmile.gif

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #49 of 93
Sep 6, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #50 of 93
Would anyone be able to tell me how the treble compares to the Shure SE215? I find them a bit dull so before I splash out on the M5s I want to make sure they have more treble.

Sep 6, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #51 of 93

Quote:
Would anyone be able to tell me how the treble compares to the Shure SE215? I find them a bit dull so before I splash out on the M5s I want to make sure they have more treble.

More? Yes. A lot more? Not really. Atrio has better clarity in treble, but it is still not bright sounding in anyway.

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #52 of 93
I joined the forum just to say thanks for the review.  Thanks!  I've been enjoying my Atrio M5 monitors for a few weeks now.  These were an upgrade from a pair of Shure E2c monitors.  I can't believe how much better these sound.  You can really hear the texture of the bass.  I like the medium Shure soft flex sleeves on mine.  Cheers.

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #53 of 93
Glad you found them to your liking my friend! My advice? Run, and run fast. Before that post count becomes 2, and then 200, before you know it. God speed. 
smile.gif

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #54 of 93

Quote:
Glad you found them to your liking my friend! My advice? Run, and run fast. Before that post count becomes 2, and then 200, before you know it. God speed. 
smile.gif

THIS.  Your wallet will never be the same!!!!!!!

Oct 2, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #55 of 93
How does these sound with Trance music compared to the IE8, CK10 and TF10? Is someone able to compare them? It seems bass-wise Atrio is the best for this genre, but how about soundstaging and instrument placement/seperation for example?

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #56 of 93
Overall, I find TF10 to be better on soundstage and imaging. But Atrio isn't that far behind and certainly better on fit and sub-bass. They both works well for Trance IMO. I don't own it (but did listened before), but IE8 is okay while not particular great on Trance. Never listen to CK10 before.

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #57 of 93
Quote:
How does these sound with Trance music compared to the IE8, CK10 and TF10? Is someone able to compare them? It seems bass-wise Atrio is the best for this genre, but how about soundstaging and instrument placement/seperation for example?

As an avid trance & progressive listener (in fact, listening to the euphoric Yuri Kane - Right Back as I type this), here's what I've personally come to find, keeping it as brief as possible:

IE8 = excessive midbass bloat; there are much better alternatives IMO
CK10 = irrespective of it's brilliantly forward presentation, excessively bright for majority of my tracks, leading to listening fatigue after a while
TF10 = nearly perfect for trance, though without the flip-flop mod, not the best option for vocal trance, as the mids are pushed back in comparison to the enhanced high and lows
Atrio = finding the right fit (if at all) can be cumbersome; unprecedented sub-bass, without any noticeable midrange bleed; works well just about any type of trance, though the price is treading ever so close to the GR07, in which case I'd recommend the GR07 just based on fit and comfort alone

Personally, I'd recommend the Ortofon's; e-Q5 for better treble extension, while e-Q7 for a slight mid-centric touch, and slightly laid back treble. Either one is practically made for trance IMO. The bass won't even come close to that of the 3 aforementioned, but their transparency is simply stunning. I've been listening to exclusively trance with both my Ortofon's for nearly a weeks time now, everyday, almost non stop. If you can manage to wait for the annual Amazon TF10 sale that occurs around Thanksgiving time, you can grab them for an absolute steal. Else, my most preferred choice aside (Ortofon's), the TF10 would get my vote before the Atrio's (but only after the flip flop mod in my case), but the Atrio's and GR07 are a very very close second. Just my 2 cents. 
smile.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #58 of 93
Thank you for this comprehensive and informative review of these headphones. I just recently purchased the atrio M5's, after listening to music with my sennheiser cx 500's for over 2 years. I loved my cx 500's but I stopped caring for the cx 500 like they were a child after two years then they stopped working.

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #59 of 93
I've just received the Atrios M5. I've bought them because I was unable to get a good sound from the RE0 out of my Clip+. The problem was probably due to a misfit and/or the high impedance of the RE0, but anyway...

The M5 with the medium bi-flange fits me perfectly and the sound is better for me than with the RE0. The Clip+ hasn't any difficulty to drive them. In fact, the bass is very powerful. The contrast with the RE0 is huge. I'm still discovering the M5, but my first reaction was "maybe too much bass"... Then I read Atrio's documentation and I did what's suggested : to lower the volume. You then realize that you can listen at a lower volume and still has a realistic sound with enough bass. No more need for a loudness button, that you don't have on a Clip anyway...

Well done Futuresonics and thanks for taking care of my aging ears !

Jan 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #60 of 93
I'm looking for a replacement for my OLD Atrio M5s and I'd like to ask about some comparisons between it and some of the others I'm looking at, if anyone has the experience...

Firstly, I want to say that I absolutely don't understand any fit/comfort issues people have with these. I use the bi-flanges, but I've had success with olives as well, and found them a bit painful (I have pretty small canals, they seemed to create too much internal pressure for me). One of the biggest draws for me over the others for the MG7s is the fact that I know I can depend on the fit and comfort. That being said, does this mean that fit is gonna be that much easier with something that has a decent or good reputation for fit? Seems odd..

Anyways, here's my thread for more specifics, but I'd like to hear some input on the MG7s in the realm of mid detail, dynamics, and soundstage and imaging and maybe comparisons in those departments with other phones such as the GR07, FXT90, 262s, DBA-02s (a bit pricey though), and the EX600, which are the main other phones I'm looking at. From what I understand, the main weaknesses of the MG7 are mid detail and an average-at-best soundstage. I listen to a fair amount of symphonic/orchestral compositions and a good deal of acoustic jazz and live stuff, so texture, musicality, detail, separation, and imaging are important to me. As this phone has a rep for hifi bass-head worthiness, it seems an unlikely match, but since I have an old pair I'm looking at 50% off making this the cheapest solution by a good amount (not to mention the reliability of the fit, etc). 

Thanks for whatever input you got :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back