Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI
Nov 2, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #61 of 272
Its like I said in the review though, 1 well tuned driver is better than sheer quantity of drivers.
They managed to squeeze a hell of a lot out of 1 BA driver. That takes a lot of tuning and design.
With multi drivers you have crossovers to worry about as well.

The VI are not bang for buck iems, but for what they are, they are truely spectacular.

Nov 2, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #63 of 272
The bass on this has the same impact as a dynamic driver. That is truly a first for me from a balanced armature type driver. I know they are not really a balanced armature driver and I honestly do not know how they work but the impact is dynamic driver like. 

Nov 2, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #64 of 272
  The bass on this has the same impact as a dynamic driver. That is truly a first for me from a balanced armature type driver. I know they are not really a balanced armature driver and I honestly do not know how they work but the impact is dynamic driver like. 

Apparently the Musical Fidelity EB-50 is a single BA earphone that has bass that rivals the heaven VI, but is a balanced sound over the VI's lush coloration.

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #66 of 272
So you already have the EX-1000 congrats. I think best is just enjoy the ex-1000 and wait till you find a good deal on the VI. You are not missing out of anything with the EX-1000, it is simply matter of a different sound signature and for me it is a welcoming change to the current collection that I have with me. I found out that the key is variety, it is ofcourse very important to know the sound signature you like and purchase one IEM that does that signature to your liking, something that you always go back to but than it can get boring after a while and that is why I bought the VI as it is not the signature I normally go for.

It is really hard to put a price tag on sound and certainly 694 USD is the highest I have ever seen the VI go for as they normally go around for 500 USD if one is willing to search for it.

Final like is spend a good few months with ex-1000 and if you got bored or for some reason its signature is not what you want than look into the VI, the mistake I used to make and still do is buy new gear before I could get a chance to fully understand the one I bought weeks earlier.

Hope that helps and hope your wallet gets a nice break, dont rush into any purchases, wait till Christmas sales if you really have to buy the VI.

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #67 of 272
Thx for the advice..actually my mdr ex 1000 are 'broken' by my own stupid mistake.i did burn in with white noise that the sound can be heard at 2 meter away..imagine how loud it is..then after some 30 min when i listen the earphone again the sound goes What!!..it sounded dull,dynamic are gone,no more 3D imaging just plain 2D and really not enjoyable as before.Initially i want to do the burn in because i was annoyed by the ear piercing sibilance and a slight L and R imbalance.after the 'burn in' procedure the sibilance are reduced,the L and R imbalance gone  but the overall sound becomes mudded.i was so depressed for several days after i hear the sound becomes like that as its an expensive IEM and i just 'destroyed' it no more than 2 weeks after i bought it.i think the driver inside the phone are mulfunction.right now i dont dare to make burn in using white noise or something like that..i just let the burn in happened naturally  when listening to my phone.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #69 of 272
I tend to use Nellyville when I want to break something in quickly. Lots of energy but also conversation breaks to allow a rest and the coils to cool back down. Still give things an hour rest every 8 hours or so. Using something undynamic and sustained like pink noise or sweeps is a recipe for disaster. 

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #70 of 272
  thx..nice review..do you think upgrading to FAD VI is worth it since here it cost 694USD and the mdr ex 1000 i bought cost me 473USD..

Musica Acoustics sells them for $548 complete, and the website makes the purchase process pretty easy.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #71 of 272
I tend to use Nellyville when I want to break something in quickly. Lots of energy but also conversation breaks to allow a rest and the coils to cool back down. Still give things an hour rest every 8 hours or so. Using something undynamic and sustained like pink noise or sweeps is a recipe for disaster. 

+1

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #72 of 272
No IEM (perhaps except for JH Audio Roxanne) will be perfect in all areas. Don't worry, instrument separation and spacing is perfectly OK on Heaven VI, it is not a weak area at all.
There may be IEMs that are even better, that's all.

thx!!.that's makes me feel great again about FAD VI..btw do own any pair of these iem?

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #74 of 272
how do these IEM performs against male voice,instrumental music without vocal like combination of violin,symbal,organ,flute,etc for example mostly of anime and game soundtrack have this kind of instrument in their music and techno trance like basshunter and kpop.my types of music ranged vastly from slow to fast/hard music.

as on my mdr ex 1000 when listening to classical,instrument music,or any 'slow/soft' music they sounded great.but when playing hard music like techno trance there is something not right about the sound.it just didn't deliver the 'umpph' while listening to it.(I hope u guys what I mean).same goes to most kpop music.

I also used to have sennheiser cx550 long ago which is good IEM.playing techno music does give me the 'punch' when listening to it.but they are just average performer to other genre like the instruments played just panned to L and R channel and doesn't have the great soundstage and dynamic like the mdr ex 1000.so listening to other music genre doesn't feel as enjoyable as to the mdr ex 1000.as you 'hear' the music not 'feel' the music.(again, I hope you guys know what I mean)

the point here is although the mdr ex 1000 are excel at several music genre.they also have the downfall to the other music genre.and the sennheiser cx 550 good at techno but they just average with other genre.so I wonder if this might be the case with FAD VI.

thx and sorry for my grammar and if any of my description is irrevelant as it should be.

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #75 of 272
When paired with a good amp the VI have great power in the lows without taking anything away from the rest of the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back