Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Apr 8, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #407 of 686
  Thanks guys, since the V8 has so much bass already I'll probably go with the Music but I'll likely order both just to try em out and see how much of a difference I notice. Where's the best place to order online from in the USA?

EarphoneSolutions.com has the Linum Bax line, including the new balanced ones, but no Music.

Apr 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #409 of 686
When is the super bax cable being released, I just got the linum bax and love the sound and comfort :blush:

What are you pairing with the BaX?

Apr 10, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #411 of 686
Asg1plus :sweat_smile:...want to hear how much better performance I can get out of it using the totl cable :blush:

What is the TOTL cable?  The Super BaX?  If so, then I am not sure if has been tested against other manufacturers' elemental cables yet (at least the single-ended version).

Apr 10, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #413 of 686
Oh, how would it compare to the bax?

That's a great question.  As far as I know the elements will be the same - it isn't like they are using all copper or all silver for their Super BaX if it has anything to do with the balanced version.  I know the gauge of the wire will be thicker, but if they keep using the silver plated copper cable, then it may sound a little more coherent than the current BaX cable, but may or may not sound as coherent as a full silver/silver litz cable.  We won't know for certain until we can perform A/B/C/D and more comparisons between as many cables as we can get a hold of to find out if the Super BaX will truly be an elevated auditory experience for most listeners.

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #415 of 686
ah man, FedEx really can't find a shop in a shopping complex?! My BaX has been with them at local branch for 4 days and they cant find a simple shop at the 2nd floor of a complex right beside an escalator, well, thats sad

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #416 of 686
Oh, how would it compare to the bax?

Got BaX, balanced BaX, and balanced Super BaX (loaner). Will do a more detailed comparison next week before I have to send back my ak120ii loaner. For now super BaX is only available as hand made prototype and only with 2.5mm trrs balanced wired connector for high end daps like AKs or upcoming X7.

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #418 of 686
Hello,

I've made a small video review to show my first impressions about Linum cables

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNf3NwLqR6k[/VIDEO]

It's not a final review, I need more time to listen them in different configurations, so it's more like first impression

Apr 14, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #419 of 686
this BaX is totally out of this world alien technology, it feels so right in all aspect matching with the C6iem, and that comfort and thinness 

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #420 of 686
  this BaX is totally out of this world alien technology, it feels so right in all aspect matching with the C6iem, and that comfort and thinness 

Agreed. I've showed it to just about anyone who walks into my office and even the non-geeks are just flat out amazed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back