Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Mar 30, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #391 of 686
I have the BaX mmcx paired to my JVC FX850 iems and the weight savings and flexibility alone was worth the upgrade in my opinion. With the stock cables I always felt like the weight was tugging the earphones out of my ear. Now I feel like they aren't even there.

Bass seems to have more detail and slightly more "oomph". Maybe my mind just WANTS them to sound better just because how functional they are.

All I know is I am absolutely stoked with the upgrade.

YMMV

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #392 of 686
my bax is starting to ship out d, via fedex

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #393 of 686
It's really hard to believe that this cable is both strong and soft..

It's like it'll cut my ears when worn over-ear like fish line 
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #394 of 686
It's really hard to believe that this cable is both strong and soft..

It's like it'll cut my ears when worn over-ear like fish line :D  

Weight and handling IS very much like fishing line, but it's soft as silk to the touch.

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #396 of 686
Really interesting.. and also strong?

The Estron Linum (non Super) has 60 N ~13.4 lbs of pull strength. I haven't had my BaX cable snap yet, even through mountainous hikes.

Apr 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #397 of 686
Music vs BaX? I'm thinking of getting some of these for my 1964 Ears V8's that are on their way. I would prefer the 1 cable of the Music vs the double braid of the BaX. Honestly how noticeable is the difference between the two? I'm not a huge believer in cables drastically changing the sound so I would prefer to spend less money on the Music unless someone could convince me otherwise :)

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #401 of 686
Music vs BaX? I'm thinking of getting some of these for my 1964 Ears V8's that are on their way. I would prefer the 1 cable of the Music vs the double braid of the BaX. Honestly how noticeable is the difference between the two? I'm not a huge believer in cables drastically changing the sound so I would prefer to spend less money on the Music unless someone could convince me otherwise :)

There is a difference in cables and materials to a certain extent. It gives a cleaner connection or a warmer connection, and the higher you go up the chain, the better the quality of the connection is, the better the sound is. The BaX is better than the music because it uses two braids and can be used in a balanced connection. The music version feels really cheap imo.
You'd want something with the lowest impedance across the board for IEMs, except for the actual IEM (I like 32ohm IEMs, useful for everything) so it doesn't change the sound too much. The baX has the lowest impedance of the three cables.

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #402 of 686

For the V6S I prefer the BaX as it helps the midrange have more body. The Music version seems to focus more on the midrange/vocals and treble a little. I haven't heard the V8 yet though, it might be different for that one.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #403 of 686

For the V6S I prefer the BaX as it helps the midrange have more body. The Music version seems to focus more on the midrange/vocals and treble a little. I haven't heard the V8 yet though, it might be different for that one.

Also, would like to add if your headphone sound sig already has a noticeable bass slam, BaX is going to amplify that with a healthy boost, and some people might might it a bit overwhelming.  But for neutral and more analytical type of IEMs, BaX is just a magic EQ button with a sweet preset :)

Btw, got a loaner of Super BaX balanced, and in comparison to BaX balanced (using 120ii loaner as a source), this boost is not as much in your face, actually being smoother and less aggressive.  Of course, all depends on synergy with your IEMs, where in my case I'm testing it with UM Pro 50, W40, and A83.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #404 of 686
Thanks guys, since the V8 has so much bass already I'll probably go with the Music but I'll likely order both just to try em out and see how much of a difference I notice. Where's the best place to order online from in the USA?

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #405 of 686
Thanks guys, since the V8 has so much bass already I'll probably go with the Music but I'll likely order both just to try em out and see how much of a difference I notice. Where's the best place to order online from in the USA?

Right from there webpage when you check out it will convert eur to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back