Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Nov 28, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #648 of 686
Has anyone else had problems with Linums T2 connector? I treat my CIEMS and cables very well and yet somehow I've been through 5 cables and with the price they are now I can't afford another so my CIEMS are useless. I can't justify buying another cable because I know with having the T2 the stress on the connector seems to be too much and the cables always fail on the right side. I have a lot of other audio gear, never had to replace a cable before, never mind 5 times.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #649 of 686
I just had the cable on my acs Encore go out on the right side (at least, I think it's the cable, hard to replace it to try another). I'm on my second, it will be the third if it is indeed the cable.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #651 of 686
Frankly, they tangle so easily, find them a pain even when they work like they should...

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #653 of 686
I just had the cable on my acs Encore go out on the right side (at least, I think it's the cable, hard to replace it to try another). I'm on my second, it will be the third if it is indeed the cable.

I got the same problem with 3 Linum Music. Always the same problem with sound going out on the one side, because of the 3.5 connector. I've never had so much cable problem ...
For me, lifetime of this cable is between 8 and 9 month. So i stopped spending money on them.
Extremely comfortable, but too fragile
frown.gif

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #654 of 686
Unfortunately with the T2 I was talked into getting by my CIEM maker, I have no options but to buy another cable, but at about £80 shipped thats £400 of cables gone already in 20 months. It's stupid to buy another cable so now my CIEMS are useless

Nov 29, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #655 of 686
Unfortunately with the T2 I was talked into getting by my CIEM maker, I have no options but to buy another cable, but at about £80 shipped thats £400 of cables gone already in 20 months. It's stupid to buy another cable so now my CIEMS are useless

I'm in the same spot... Have the Encore ciem, useless without the cable, do I go for a third? (especially since I'm really happy with my current portable combo-Pono, balanced Trinity cable, Westone W40 with Star tips. Been my go to for a while, sounds great!).

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #656 of 686
  Has anyone else had problems with Linums T2 connector? I treat my CIEMS and cables very well and yet somehow I've been through 5 cables and with the price they are now I can't afford another so my CIEMS are useless. I can't justify buying another cable because I know with having the T2 the stress on the connector seems to be too much and the cables always fail on the right side. I have a lot of other audio gear, never had to replace a cable before, never mind 5 times.

Hi guys

We know you ask other Linum users for their personal experience, yet just want to let you know that we are truly sorry to hear you have troubles with your Linum cable(s) – and surprised to learn that you have experienced this several times. Though it is not our experience that many Linum users have problems, this is definitely not the standard we aim for.

Since we introduced the Linum cables we have received great feedback from many Linum users on head-fi.org and personally. As a consequence, we have made some improvements, which we will launch within the next couple of months: The Super BaX, which you may have heard of, an angled jack solution, and other minor improvements. We have tested the angled jack solution and it is stronger than our current solution. Thus, we may have a new solution for you. Please send an e-mail to sales@estron.dk describing your problem with Linum and we will do our best to help you. We promise to also post more detailed information here fairly soon.

And as always, please note we do offer a 12 months limited warranty on our cables. If the cable has been treated properly, we will replace it instantly. Nevertheless, we do honestly apologise for the inconvenience and we will do our best to make up for it.

Cheers from
Your Linum Team

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #657 of 686
The Super BaX is over €320... I have a pair of CIEMS that cost less than that. And with my history with Linum I don't feel thats a solution at all for me, not that it's currently available anyhow.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #659 of 686
I got my Linum Bax MMCX roughly a month and a half ago..

My experience so far:
- Very responsive and helpful Sales Team (was in contact with Jannie and Heidi, thnx once again!)
- The cable is super light and a nice upgrade to the SE846 stock cable (very comfortable to wear and use, you almost forget it is there..)
- Tangle-less works well for me, very easy to store it away after you're done (and if it do tangle, it is really easy to un-tangle!)
- There is a very slight increase of the lower and upper end, but it is really minor and in my opinion it suits well the SE846 (my current mobile setup iPhone 7 -> Penon Audio Lightning Pure Silver Decoding Cable -> Mojo -> Linum Bax MMCX -> SE846)
- It seems strong and well put together, for the time being no issues... although I read some of you had problems.. so I'll update you in a few months on this
- it is soooooooo light and tiny :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back