Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age
Oct 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #211 of 686

It will never be perfect, never
happy_face1.gif

haha, I am new to this and am glad you are with me on this. I really thought there was something wrong with me. THANK YOU.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #212 of 686
I got the cable today. I was a bit worried about the length above the Y split but it seems to be just fine. I can barely feel the cable above my ear so it should work just fine with my glasses. I can finally use my JH13 again :)

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #213 of 686

LOL. It actually sold way before I updated the post. I just wanted to stop the PMs :D

I let it go for $65 shipped. Now I have the IE800 and loving it so far. But just like every other headphone/set I get, there is always something about it that makes it NOT the perfect one :frowning2:

That's a fair price for both parties for sure.

Hmm, regarding the "NOT the perfect one" statement, may I suggest an IEM that may get you closer to that sweet spot?  I only say this because the IEM I'm recommending has different color filters that change the frequency response from warm sounding to bright sounding, and you can use 3rd party cables to hone in even more the sound signature that would sound best to you.  I'm not saying to buy it, but at least demo it if you can at an airport InMotion Entertainment store if you live in the U.S., and find out if it may closer to the perfect one you are searching for.  That IEM, is the Shure SE846.  If you do demo it, change the filters if you can so you'll be able to hit that sweet spot you may just adore.

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #214 of 686

That's a fair price for both parties for sure.

Hmm, regarding the "NOT the perfect one" statement, may I suggest an IEM that may get you closer to that sweet spot?  I only say this because the IEM I'm recommending has different color filters that change the frequency response from warm sounding to bright sounding, and you can use 3rd party cables to hone in even more the sound signature that would sound best to you.  I'm not saying to buy it, but at least demo it if you can at an airport InMotion Entertainment store if you live in the U.S., and find out if it may closer to the perfect one you are searching for.  That IEM, is the Shure SE846.  If you do demo it, change the filters if you can so you'll be able to hit that sweet spot you may just adore.

haha, this is funny. As I was reading your response, I am like, yes, keep going, which one? lol Then you said Shure SE846. I came from that one to the IE800 hence selling that cable remember? :wink:

Not to hijack this thread, lol, I liked the SE846 a lot. I used the stock cable and eartips. Got the above cable and custom eartips too. But, I thought it was a bit on the bigger side. When I first wear it, it was all good for about 30-45 mins, then I found myself needing to take them off for a quick break. Another thing I like about IE800 is the fact that I can just snap them in and go very quick.

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #215 of 686

haha, this is funny. As I was reading your response, I am like, yes, keep going, which one? lol Then you said Shure SE846. I came from that one to the IE800 hence selling that cable remember? :wink:

Not to hijack this thread, lol, I liked the SE846 a lot. I used the stock cable and eartips. Got the above cable and custom eartips too. But, I thought it was a bit on the bigger side. When I first wear it, it was all good for about 30-45 mins, then I found myself needing to take them off for a quick break. Another thing I like about IE800 is the fact that I can just snap them in and go very quick.

Ah okay, no worries. 
bigsmile_face.gif
  Custom eartips?  You didn't get the SCS, did you?  Using the Linum and something that isn't the SCS will not give you the best SE846 experience, in my honest opinion.   Yeah, the SE846 has the universal option so it's easy to snap them in as well, but could be tough if the wearer does not have a big enough cavum and incisura to fit the SE846 with sizes-fit-all tips well.  The SCS would solve that conundrum though.  (not to hijack thread.)

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #216 of 686
this cable is definitely one of the better buys I've made. I really wish cables would stop coming with that memory wire that doesn't work well with glasses. I guess moving forward I'll just but these if I have any cable needs for my iems

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #217 of 686
Hi everyone :)
Just wondering, do anyone from Australia have any experience in buying this cable?
I've been asking the distributor in US and they quote me $100+ with shipping
tongue.gif

Right now I'm considering buying it from cosmic ear website,which seems to be cheaper...

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #218 of 686
Just wondering, do anyone from Australia have any experience in buying this cable?
I've been asking the distributor in US and they quote me $100+ with shipping :p
Right now I'm considering buying it from cosmic ear website,which seems to be cheaper...

I got mine from Jabem in Singapore so maybe Jaben Australia?

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #221 of 686
Did you get the 2 pin or MMCX one?

I have asked Jaben australia and haven't get replied yet
and I have asked Jaben Singapore and they say they only have mmcx version.

Maybe I should ask them again :D

2 pin. Last week. Maybe new stocks came in.

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #222 of 686
I've been asking the distributor in US and they quote me $100+ with shipping
tongue.gif

I got mine from Cosmic Ears for £55 including shipping to Vietnam, which works out to $89USD or $100AUS.

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #223 of 686
Mine was USD78 but of course I would need to get to the shop itself.

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #224 of 686
I got a price of around that before shipping. When I asked about the mmcx they said it was 100

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #225 of 686

Hey guess who visited estron/Linum HQ today and got to play with the new 0,75 ohm prototype cable along with heaps of other nerdycool stuff?

I'll put down some words and upload some pictures one of the coming days.

Get excited, cool things are coming our way! :grinning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back