Review: EarWerkz Supra - The Universal Custom In-Ear Monitor
Feb 3, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #16 of 41
For @moedawg

Anyway continuing the car analogy, I guess the lesser cylinder BMWs are what the Penta will be.

Oh, now those are gorgeous!  I like the contrasting lime/hyper green case as well.  I bet the combination sounds amazing!

I'm definitely interested in listening to the Penta.  I'll reserve my thoughts about what I believe the Penta will sound like until I actually get to hear it.  If the Penta sounds anything like the equivalency of the power and speed of a lesser cylinder BMW M5...whew!  Exciting times!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #17 of 41
  Oh, now those are gorgeous!  I like the contrasting lime/hyper green case as well.  I bet the combination sounds amazing!

I'm definitely interested in listening to the Penta.  I'll reserve my thoughts about what I believe the Penta will sound like until I actually get to hear it.  If the Penta sounds anything like the equivalency of the power and speed of a lesser cylinder BMW M5...whew!  Exciting times!  
bigsmile_face.gif

That should help Jack Vang fine-tune the Penta!

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #18 of 41
Originally Posted by georgelai57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That should help Jack Vang fine-tune the Penta!

I hope the three Head-Fi 'audiophiles' (as stated on Instagram) who will listen to the Penta will be able to offer constructive, helpful and valuable advice to EarWerkz, encouraging the model to shine in a league of its own, especially regarding other 5 drivers currently on the market.  It's nice that the Penta embodies a 5 way-crossover, 5 bore and 5 driver setup as well.  The Supra is nothing to sneeze at though.  Definitely one of the best value per pound sound© available - regardless of the company! 
etysmile.gif

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #19 of 41
I hope the three Head-Fi 'audiophiles' (as stated on Instagram) who will listen to the Penta will be able to offer constructive, helpful and valuable advice to EarWerkz, encouraging the model to shine in a league of its own, especially regarding other 5 drivers currently on the market.  It's nice that the Penta embodies a 5 way-crossover, 5 bore and 5 driver setup as well.  The Supra is nothing to sneeze at though.  Definitely one of the best value per pound sound© available - regardless of the company! :etysmile:  

I thought you were one of the three :blush:

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #20 of 41
Feb 14, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #21 of 41
Updated review with pictures of the colors of shells currently available (clear and pink shell pictures were sent to me from EarWerkz).  The new Green Envy color looks absolutely breathtaking, like Jade from Mortal Kombat or a similar color of the Green Lantern.

Jade (Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 version):

Green Lantern:

Feb 15, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #22 of 41
Great review of the Supra, Maurice. :)
And awesome color selection by your fiance.

Totally love the summary. All the Supra backers, once they receive their Supra, will have a taste of the amazing work that Jack and his team delivers. I'll bet the interest in their flagship Legend R, will only get bigger after word goes out on how great the Supra is.

Feb 15, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #23 of 41
Thanks for your comment, Kenny. :)

The Supra is an amazing C/IEM, and the Legend R is simply awe-inspiring each time I listen to it.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #24 of 41
  EarWerkz Supra - The Universal Custom In-Ear Monitor

Sound Impressions

The Supra is neutral-based, with a comforting, slight bass tilt.  Using the Estron Linum BaX Cable with Comply T-400 foam tips, creates a warm sounding, resolving, and simply epic sound.  As I listened to it for the first time, I was in sheer awe that an IEM at this price point sounds as amazing as it sounds.  For its price, it sounds better than a lot of IEMs that are at least double the price.  The clarity, neutrality with warmness, and entire frequency spectrum satisfaction is immediately apparent – no burn in necessary.  Using the stock Pro Series Cable with the Comply T-400 foam tips, creates a neutral sounding, detail retrieving sound signature.  The stock cable is great if you want supreme clarity, and a slightly more resolved and coherent sound.   Regarding my favorite cable of the two for the Supra; since it is not the top-of-the-line IEM that the Legend R is, I feel the Supra sounds most blissful with the Linum Cable, as I prefer it over the stock cable.  I do prefer the stock cable over the Linum Cable when I listen to the Legend R however, as I love the layered and rich detail retrieval, with some of the best overall coherency and musicality that I have ever heard in a C/IEM.

Is the Supra Right for you?

If you like a sound that is epically neutral - has some satisfying bass tied to it, but also sounds warm when using the Linum cable or more detailed with the stock Pro Series Cable, the Supra is right for you.  Here’s the thing, the Supra sounds so splendid for its price that it is worth purchasing just to listen.  If for some peculiar reason you do not like the Supra’s sound, there will be a person very close to you - could be a loved one or good friend – or a stranger for that matter, who will absolutely adore the Supra’s sound. 

fantastic review , this looks like a great iem if you like detailed/neutral sound

coming from neutral iems like the RE-272 this definitely has my attention

subscribed

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #25 of 41
Feb 24, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #26 of 41
Updated the review by adding a "SpinFit to Your Heart’s Content" section.

Also added/updated "Other Replacement Tip Options" and added fiancé's SpinFit tips impression to "My Fiance's Assessment™" section.

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #27 of 41
G
Updated the review by adding a "SpinFit to Your Heart’s Content" section.

Also added/updated "Other Replacement Tip Options" and added fiancé's SpinFit tips impression to "My Fiance's Assessment™" section.

Great write up. Have you tried both the SpinFits CP100 and CP101? The CP101's are on my Supra's now and they have a terrific grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back