Review: Dunu DN-1000 (Dunu's new Flagship Triple Driver Hybrid IEM)
Nov 6, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #16 of 29
Interesting hearing that the AX-60 is a completely different beast :) will read up on them.
But the DN-1000 is definitely better than the H-200 IMO

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #17 of 29
Took the plunge and ordered these, let's see how it fares against my xba40s... So far the 40s beat the xba-h1s, tpeosh200s, and the tdkba200s.

The soundstage , lowend, and natural mids is what is attracting me

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #18 of 29
I'm sure you'll enjoy them a lot. Like most others do, they definitely beat the H-200

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #19 of 29
I've been seeing comments around the web about there only being one set of red spacers in the package now.  Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 6, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #21 of 29
More comparing with the GR99, it's pretty insane the difference, It's like with the GR99s you're looking out of a window smeared in vaseline and with a diffuser film on it, you can make out general shapes and colors, then going to the DN-1000 it's like the entire window has been removed, not just the vaseline but the diffuser and the glass, all gone. Seriously impressed, however I would hope that would be the case comparing a >$200 IEM with a $35 IEM.

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #22 of 29
  Yup, just got my set today and only 1 set of red spacers.

My shipment is waiting for me in the post office until tomorrow.  The website is where I saw the comments about only getting one set.  That's why I went ahead and contacted Dunu to see if there was supposed to be one set or two.
I'll let you know what I hear.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #23 of 29
T-Peos have just announced the H-300, will try and get a pair. See how they compare to the Dunu.

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #24 of 29
  My shipment is waiting for me in the post office until tomorrow.  The website is where I saw the comments about only getting one set.  That's why I went ahead and contacted Dunu to see if there was supposed to be one set or two.
I'll let you know what I hear.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Yup, just got my set today and only 1 set of red spacers.

I got an e-mail from Rocky at Dunu and was told there should be four red spacers.  The package I got today only had two (but four each of the other colors).  I am about the fourth or fifth person in that batch who didn't get two sets of rings.  While I am not sure I even need them, it's nice to get a complete set of accessories in a new package.  I'm not grousing, just giving everyone a heads-up to check the accessories in their package.  

I am looking forward to trying these out!  Just plugged them into the FiiO X5 I am evaluating...very impressive!  Whoa!  The Bass!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #25 of 29
I am listening to these with no spacer rings and the small translucent black silicone tips.  I don't want to take them off! 
eek.gif

Up until now I never cared for IEMs, but these?  They're keepers! 
ksc75smile.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

BTW: I know this is a seriously n00b IEM question, but what's the best way to clean the tiny screens on the tube ends?

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #26 of 29
  I am listening to these with no spacer rings and the small translucent black silicone tips.  I don't want to take them off! 
eek.gif

Up until now I never cared for IEMs, but these?  They're keepers! 
ksc75smile.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

BTW: I know this is a seriously n00b IEM question, but what's the best way to clean the tiny screens on the tube ends?

Very carefully. I would avoid anything rough for example a tooth brush would be a no no. I'd recommend using a Q-tip lightly dapped in warm water. (very lightly). Rub it over the screens gently then allow it to dry. Obviously such a small amount of liquid (warm water) that cannot go through the meshing. Honestly though, you shouldn't need to clean the meshing very often depending on how much wax your ear build up. Even just blowing on them lightly after each session should keep them clean. 

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #27 of 29

Very carefully. I would avoid anything rough for example a tooth brush would be a no no. I'd recommend using a Q-tip lightly dapped in warm water. (very lightly). Rub it over the screens gently then allow it to dry. Obviously such a small amount of liquid (warm water) that cannot go through the meshing. Honestly though, you shouldn't need to clean the meshing very often depending on how much wax your ear build up. Even just blowing on them lightly after each session should keep them clean. 

Thanks for the info!  I've listened to headphones for years but IEMs are a new experience for me.  I want to make sure these last a long time 'cause I'm really enjoying their sound!

Cheers and Thanks Again! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #28 of 29
Thanks for the info!  I've listened to headphones for years but IEMs are a new experience for me.  I want to make sure these last a long time 'cause I'm really enjoying their sound!

Cheers and Thanks Again! :beerchug:
-HK sends

No worries, just take good care of the strain reliefs, (the little section where the cable enters the housing and jack). That's where cable failure is most common. I use a rather large pouch to store my IEM in, over size so the cable never needs to be wound tight. Just basic care. Clean your tips once a week under cold water, let them dry.

Enjoy the Dunu. B-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back