REVIEW: Dayton Audio 3.5SC-6 3.5mm Stereo Male To Male Cable 6 ft.
Sep 16, 2012 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus
Introduction:

This is a review of Dayton Audio's 3.5mm stereo Male to Male cable which is 6 feet long. I bought this cable from Parts Express. The part number is 181-713 and the price was $11.79. Here is a direct link to the product:

https://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=181-713

This cable is also available from Parts Express in other lengths. The cable is perfect for attaching devices such as a cell phone, an MP3 player, or a portable headphone amplifier to anything that has a 3.5mm input like a stereo receiver, amplifier, car stereo, or jambox. I am using this cable to run stereo audio out of my FiiO E17 DAC/headphone amplifier into a speaker amplifier.

[size=small]Features:[/size]

According to the front of the package, this cable promises, "Extreme Clarity and Definition," "Optimal Signal Transfer," and "Noise Free Delivery."

According to the back of the package, the cable features are:
1. Gold plated for optimum signal transfer.
2. Precision machined for superior fit.
3. Streamline shell for easy installation in crowded panels.
4. Rubber grip provides anti-slip feature.
5. Dual outer jacket protects conductor and remains flexible for easy routing to equipment.
6. 100% overlapped aluminized mylar plus 95% copper braid provides maximum isolation.

The package also states that the cable has a limited 5 year manufacturer's warranty, although I did not see any details about the warranty.

Performance, Quality, and Value:

I found this cable to be an excellent value. It seems to be of extremely high quality for a cable in this price range. It has a very substantial feel and seems to be much thicker, and of more substantial construction, than other similar cables in this price range. It has performed flawlessly for me. As far as I can tell it's audio properties are excellent and I have never detected any type of noise or signal degradation that I would attribute to this cable. I'm very impressed with the quality and it seems better than other cables I have seen that are more expensive. The only possible issue I see with this cable is that despite feature #3, there could possibly be some applications where the shell and the "grip area" at the end of the cable might actually be too thick to fit into very tight areas.

I highly recommend this cable. It is hard for me to imagine that a more expensive cable of this type is really going to provide better performance. I think it is an excellent value and when I need any similar cables of this type I will be buying from Parts Express and Dayton Audio again. I find this cable to be a bargain for $11.79.

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 7
Mar 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 7
Old post but I have to ask, I went on the website and couldn't find this cable in different sizes, all the Male to Male 3.5 mm cables are some really cheap looking ones. Any help?

May 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 7
One big con about this is the weight. It's very bulky and heavy, but delivers higher quality sound than most 3.5mm to 3.5mm (Male to Male) Cables. Also, it's much more durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back