1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender N10, CAD CAT server, TotalDac d1-Server, Auralic Aries, Audiophile Vortex Box

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by romaz, Nov 9, 2015.
First

Back
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Next

Last
  1. Accoustic
    Wow this is sure be exciting, below 5GB for an OS. i'm very impress. what about power supply etc?

2. Fredoo
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  3. flkin
    Some more information you. I was in touch with Adrian a month ago about about his new Kalpa-One streamer.

1. One box solution to avoid additional EMI/RFI pickup from external cabling.
    2. True 8-9 Rails True Linear Power Supply
    3. Mundorf M-Cap through out (for initial batch)
    4. 3 OCXO Module onboard (LAN, USB, choose the)
    5. EMI/RFI Treatment
    6. Isolation Feet
    7. Proprietary OS with super low latency for Roon Core, HQPlayer, MPD
    8. Custom on demand storage (up to 8T SSD)
    9. Limited production
    10. J1900 from SuperMicro Board
    11. size at 430x335x90
    12. Build their own diodes

4. soares
    Thank for sharing your views with us. I think I will follow the same path. Just a question. How does it compare as DAC to the Hugo2 using USB with Trifecta? Thanks again.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  5. TheAttorney
    Count me interested. Any clues about the price?

I see that both ethernet and USB are OCXO clocked as standard. With OCXO'd processor optional.

6. nepherte
    I don’t understand why 5GB is exciting. There are general purpose linux operating systems that have a footprint below 300MB.

MikeyFresh likes this.
  7. music_man
    In my experience the best ones will be a low power computer of some sort. they are all really a computer anyways but proprietary. Something running Linux or Windows Server with a bunch of processes disabled on either. Sotm USB card with LPS outboard. No need for Regen or IFI. No fans of course. A Celeron or Pentium(currently made), large heatsink minus fan. * gb low power memory, Intel graphics. Largest SSD's you need. Run Foobar or Jriver. It is vastly pore powerful than say Aurender W20. To me that is the best library and best sounding. The music servers are closed end and will quickly be surpassed with new models. Using one now and Playing a radio URl in FLAC which any of the dedicated music servers cannot even easily do. It is at least Redbook Quality but I would say higher than that. Sounds fine. These fit in a case considerably smaller than a music server as well.

blueninjasix likes this.
  8. Fredoo
    For the price you best can contact TLS, it ie also depends on the optional OXCO and SSD.

9. bmichels
  10. Fredoo
    bmichels likes this.
  11. bmichels
  12. Fredoo
  13. Marcin_gps
  14. rgs9200m
    I have my music collection ripped (via Jriver) to a bunch of external solid state drives connected directly to my computer via usb. (There are 6 of these SSDs).
    How would i transfer all of this to a server?
    Which server would make this easiest?
    Thanks.
    (If anyone just wants to link me to something in this thread or some document somewhere, that would be great.)

I use a Jriver library with playlists for almost everything, but as long as all my ripped CDs are available on the server directly, either with its own remote or a phone or tablet, I'll be happy.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  15. Whazzzup
    well bumped up to antipodes audio DX, will receive and give impressions on my antipodes thread...Ill have to come up with a new title for my rabbit hole. What beautiful hole indeed.

First

Back
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
Next

Last