REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #766 of 807
Quote:
It's common courtesy to sell stuff, especially used one (even only a little bit), at a lower price than you paid. For instance, recently I sold a pair of jvc fx1x, which I used for a couple of days for 15 bucks to a noob even though it costs 35-40 bucks where I live. I also sold my pair of vsonic GR02 BE for 26 bucks even though I've used it for two week and I bought it for 36 - hell, I even included a pair of shure olives. If I was selling my c3 I would probably ask for 90 bucks tops even though it is as new and I haven't put anything on the internal memory and it hasn't been formatted, so it still has all the included songs. You just shouldn't sell used stuff at a huge profit just because the local retailers are selling it like that - they're paying taxes, shipping, web hosting (if it's an online store), rents and more taxes if they also own a real store etc. So, when you open you own store and pay all of these you can sell overpriced stuff to get a profit but trying to take advantage of some noobs online isn't right even though I doubt someone will pay that.

+1

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #767 of 807
Quote:
Huxley could you give a good comparison between the Rocoo P and C3? Since you own both I'd love to hear what you have to say between them and which one you prefer :).

Will do but it'll take time, my ears still can't figure out the C3

As for selling on ebay, geko it's a niche product, you honeslty think someone won't look around before buying.

I highly doubt it'll sell at that price.

Nov 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #768 of 807
Guy's.... One thing I've noticed about the C3 silicon case is it can make the power button temperamental. Because there's a rubber section you press which then presses on the power button, sometimes it not working for I must use extra pressure to make it turn off, sometimes I must try several times for the player to shut down.

Because of this I have removed the cover, it's something that I feel will surely put wear and tear the C3 on/off button over time.

Edit: I have fixed it. I took a scalpel blade, turned the cover inside out and carefully cut out the silicon section around the power button. It appears that the case mould was slightly off centre and not hitting the power button correctly. Now I have full access to the C3 power button.

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #769 of 807
Quote:

As for selling on ebay, geko it's a niche product, you honeslty think someone won't look around before buying.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing lol. :p

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #770 of 807
Quote:

My CIEMs cant figure it out either. Nor can my other IEMs and the dude who sits near me with Klipsch IEMs cant either. "Noiser than the laptop" was his response and sounds worse than his iphone. 
So QC issues by the sounds of things.
Good guy bigbargainonline will accept a return however. Props to him/her.

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #772 of 807

Yeah I couldn't figure it out either, one thing is for sure though... It's definitely very picky with what IEMs it likes. For example, my Sony MDR-V55 DJ are perfect for it... however, if I plug either my Yamaha EPH-100s or Ortofon e-Q5s in there the sound is really weak and very mid-centric with ridiculously low bass impact.

Btw, I already reduced the price on the one I'm selling. :)

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #774 of 807
Quote:
My silicon case arrived today from MisterTao, took about two weeks. I really like it, gives a nice feel in the hand, kinda squishy. Although I'm used to the C3 plain this certainly gives you more confidence and there'll be less scratches overall. But yeah....two weeks, MisterTao came through for others wondering. I was afraid it was going to be one of those month long waits. The reason I didn't purchase CK4 through MisterTao that very reason. Next time no problem. I think his prices out do ebay by quite a margin.

Pimping
cool.gif

Could you point out where you picked up the skin?  Couldn't seem to find anything on mistertao.  Thanks.

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #776 of 807
Quote:

Umm...Neither?!

As said they're picky, but not only that the impedance changes things.

You can have two similar phones, take my EPH-100 and Pro900's

Both have similar sound signatures, the eph sounds too recessed and dull when plugged in, and yet my Pro900's sound awesome they really come alive thanks to the boost in mids.

Rocoo is a great all round plaer, and not very pciky about iem's, so there it wins hands down.

But with the C3, if you find the phones that work well it's a gem of a player, it's low floor noise means i can pick out silly details, like when diana krall is stamping on her pedals.

So really it depends on your needs, if you're not patient then the rocoo is an obvious choice, great as the C3 is it'll have you ripping your hair out if you don't have the right phones.

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #777 of 807
Quote:
Umm...Neither?!

As said they're picky, but not only that the impedance changes things.

You can have two similar phones, take my EPH-100 and Pro900's

Both have similar sound signatures, the eph sounds too recessed and dull when plugged in, and yet my Pro900's sound awesome they really come alive thanks to the boost in mids.

Rocoo is a great all round plaer, and not very pciky about iem's, so there it wins hands down.

But with the C3, if you find the phones that work well it's a gem of a player, it's low floor noise means i can pick out silly details, like when diana krall is stamping on her pedals.

So really it depends on your needs, if you're not patient then the rocoo is an obvious choice, great as the C3 is it'll have you ripping your hair out if you don't have the right phones.

So I gather the C3 lacks power in comparison then... So on more so power hungry or harder to drive IEMs it's a no go?

Nov 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #778 of 807
Quote:

Huh?  First thing that turned up for me was $104 USD with free shipping - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-COLORFLY-C3-24bit-WAV-APE-FLAC-MP3-HiFi-Music-Player-/221128029338

...and every other seller I see is in the same ballpark, $105 - $120.  You can try www.taobao.com and use www.xe.com to calclulate the Chinese prices if you're really curious.

If you're asking if there are fakes of the Colorfly C3, well, idk.

they are selling it here for 179 euro ($227) and they even have the nerve to say it's on sale..  http://mundoaudiofilo.com/shop/product.php?id_product=258
also here: http://eden-audio.com/shop/index.php?id_product=10&controller=product&id_lang=1
here is another one. http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/players/colorfly-c3/

i probably gonna buy the C3 from bigbargain, since you all had a great experience with them :)

Nov 16, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #779 of 807
Hi Guys,

First of all i would just like to say a big thank you to all of you on this thread. I took the plunge and ordered one off ebay. I've been following the thread on and off for the past week and finally got to page 52! Still going strong, Its also my first ever subscribed forum thread. 

Been getting pretty tired with the music off my iphone and nano. Both really good at multimedia but sonically regardless of whichever earphones ive used (a fair few) never quite gave me the same level of enjoyment as my sony hd5 mp3 player when it first came out. The filing structure sounds fairly similar to the sony as well so i guess i'm not too concerned about that at all and it is strictly a dedicated audio player so i wont be destroying my phone battery anymore on the commute to work lol. I'm after sound at a good price and the c3 fits the bill. I think the c4 may have to be a combined birthday/crimbo gift in 2014.

I wanted to ask if anyone has tried any of the shure in ears eg se315 and how they sound with the C3.  Would the C3 drive them well?

I know a lot of people are torn between the gr-07 and the yamaha eph-100. Either of which may become my iem of choice if the shures cant cut it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great thread!

Mits.

ps i will hopefully be able to provide some feedback of my own once it gets to me.

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #780 of 807
So I gather the C3 lacks power in comparison then... So on more so power hungry or harder to drive IEMs it's a no go?

It's just fussy what you pair it with Lee. For example, C3 makes my 60ohm MDR V6 sing, really sing, sounds amazing, plenty of power. Sony MDR EX600 sounded fantastic, stage is really wide, the mid centric feel, attack make vocals sound excellent, then... some other IEM's with 32ohm 16ohm it just doesn't come to the party. to me almost feels like there's a lot of resistance, Of course there's still music and it's sounds ok, but some IEM's really go the extra mile. I think it might come down to sensitivity and other technical parts of the IEM / headphone, not just impedance. H-100 pair very well, one of the best I've heard with C3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back