REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Nov 3, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #526 of 807
Thinking about it logically for a second, in china some is read from right to left (top down) and thus will be set to scroll this way.  Since china is its main market and that nobody in the west was really interested in this player before this thread (and the english speaking market is not their intended audience with the c3) I dont see them of having cared before or having  had anyone mention it to them.  

Actually that makes complete sense, I never thought about that, because it takes turns and switches between. Good thinking Stozzer, right on the money I reckon. I'll take the observation of looking above and below on-board. Because the player appears to be doing it on purpose.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #527 of 807
No worries mate, i just emailed them about it anyway.  Doubt we will see anything but cant hurt.  Took me a few minutes to process why in my own head even considering I lived in asia on and off for 6 years lol.

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #529 of 807
Quote:
Actually that makes complete sense, I never thought about that, because it takes turns and switches between. Good thinking Stozzer, right on the money I reckon. I'll take the observation of looking above and below on-board. Because the player appears to be doing it on purpose.

Yeah, it's hard to make a chinese player manufactured for the local market to be versatile with the title info on that small screen. I did a few things to make it easier for me. First, I made main folders to arrange the artist in alphabetical order, so I have main folders titled "A - F", "G - L" etc., in which the Arist folders are contained, so I can find Artists faster. Second, I removed all the years from the album titles, so no matter if the name is scrolled from left to right or right to left I can only see words from the title. Tracks were a little bit bothersome as I had to remove things in brackets like mixes featurings and so on) after that it's easy as I know the arrangement of the songs. I had to properly arrange and modify everything - shortening longer titles and stuff, unifying multiple-cd albums etc. and in the process removed useless for the c3 stuff like album covers. I took me few hours but it was worth it.

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #531 of 807
I pretty much did all the same except, with the fold a-f thing.  WIll get on that later though so good suggestion.  
Also did your little cord mod on the mh1's really makes a hell of a difference, very much appreciate you posting that.

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #532 of 807
Quote:
is that something that is necessary for the c3 to remove the artwork from the file/tag data or just your preference? i use album covers for other devices so would prefer to keep the artwork embedded in the files i will use on the c3.

No it's not necessary but I did to free some space - I had some insane amount of covers. For instance, My Metallica Japanese remasters had like 500MB worth of covers in each album LOL

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #533 of 807
Quote:
is that something that is necessary for the c3 to remove the artwork from the file/tag data or just your preference? i use album covers for other devices so would prefer to keep the artwork embedded in the files i will use on the c3.

Not neccesary at all, hes just talking about optomizing using the c3, i have all my music on one hard drive and transfer that to my multiple devices but with things like the c3 and cube c30 i just take out that info once its on said device.

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #534 of 807
Quote:
No it's not necessary but I did to free some space - I had some insane amount of covers. For instance, My Metallica Japanese remasters had like 500MB worth of covers in each album LOL

I had 8 different size covers front abck and insides totalling 32 files on a korn album.  then cue, nzb, txt files. pain in the ass lol.

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #535 of 807
Quote:
I pretty much did all the same except, with the fold a-f thing.  WIll get on that later though so good suggestion.  
Also did your little cord mod on the mh1's really makes a hell of a difference, very much appreciate you posting that.

Yeah, both the cable "mod" and the foam mod made a difference in a positive way for me.

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #536 of 807
Quote:

ok cool. i'm a bit of a stickler for my artwork on some devices so would keep the artwork embedded...but it is all about the audio quality on the right portable player 
o2smile.gif

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #537 of 807
1 thing i really hate about is this player. Is no resume playback and no playlist. Hope colorfly can fix this but I highly doubt they will. 
Somehow i feel that the C3 isn't providing enough power. Gonna try pair it with my o2 and see how it sounds.

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #538 of 807
1 thing i really hate about is this player. Is no resume playback and no playlist. Hope colorfly can fix this but I highly doubt they will. 
Somehow i feel that the C3 isn't providing enough power. Gonna try pair it with my o2 and see how it sounds.

Go back to a Clip+ then. :wink: It's an audiophile focused player, used to play music, with simplicity.

Although I agree, a resume feature would be nice, playlist support is for girls. :p

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #539 of 807
Quote:
Go back to a Clip+ then.
wink.gif
It's an audiophile focused player, used to play music, with simplicity.
Although I agree, a resume feature would be nice, playlist support is for girls.
tongue.gif

No playlist support is for true audiophiles :wink:. I love my organization and I like to have my music exactly how I want it an in the exact order I want it. Playlists do that. Plus on most players playlist access is even faster & smoother than the other menu options. Using playlists on my DX100 is just as smooth as accessing music on my iphone4. Silky smooth & responsive.
smile.gif

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #540 of 807
No playlist support is for true audiophiles :wink:. I love my organization and I like to have my music exactly how I want it an in the exact order I want it. Playlists do that. Plus on most players playlist access is even faster & smoother than the other menu options. Using playlists on my DX100 is just as smooth as accessing music on my iphone4. Silky smooth & responsive. :smile:

As I said, it's for girls. There's 100% proof why you like it so much. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back