REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Sep 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #226 of 807
Quote:
and here is the song which my C3 doesn't play. i uploaded it on mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o9ptm7de7pdktwt

Odd, it does work on my c3

edit: does anyone else have the same "clicking" issue that i have after switching music tracks?

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #227 of 807
Quote:

Odd, it does work on my c3

edit: does anyone else have the same "clicking" issue that i have after switching music tracks?

oh then it is the worst scenario:frowning2:

i hear only a little noise when switching between tracks which doesn't bother me. but i think it is the noise of ending a song and starting new one( forgive my english language since its not my mother tongue:)

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #228 of 807
I am not sure if this has something to do with it, but i have updated my c3 with a firmware on their European website.

http://www.colorfly.eu/download.html

edit: i was talking about being able to play that flac file because my c3 is updated.

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #229 of 807
Quote:
I am not sure if this has something to do with it, but i have updated my c3 with a firmware on their European website.

http://www.colorfly.eu/download.html

edit: i was talking about being able to play that flac file because my c3 is updated.

i also upgraded mine from their european website.

now as far as i remember when i first use the player, it came with a few songs (lady gaga etc). after i upgraded it, i delete all the songs which came with C3. maybe i accidentally delete them. i am only assuming of course. could you tell me C3 has its own files in its own memory which can be deleted?because i couldnt see any when i was erasing.

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #230 of 807
I also have deleted the songs on the c3, although my computer is set not to display hidden files. So i am sure i have not deleted anything important aside from those songs

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #231 of 807
so i think there is only one thing to do. i found a pdf document in the upgrade file which says;

when the upgrade is complete, there may be some damaged
files in the disk. If they can’t be played successfully as
before, you can format the whole disk

i think i ll format the player with the right click option. then re-install the firmware again. i hope it does work

anyway thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #233 of 807
Mine came with the latest FW but I can see how people might get confused as the number of the update package on the colorfly site has less zeros before the 3. Anyway, I'll be writing final impressions or a full review soon as my initial impressions were based only on a couple of hours of auditioning and a really bad choice of tips. The sneak preview is that I'm impressed 

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #234 of 807
Quote:
Ateke and hyle, where did you buy the c3's from?  as far a i know they were shipping with the latest firmware.

bought it from bigbargainonline (ebay). mine also came with the latest firmware but i re-installed the firmware anyway. i thought that would be fresher since it came with a few songs. however after i had installed the firmware, the songs were still there so i erased the all songs and now it doesnt play flac files.

besides those issues, i am very pleased with the device. soon i will format the c3 hard drive and see what will happen.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #235 of 807
nope that thing just doesn't play flac files at all. i fully formatted the disk, re-install the firmware, reset the device and it still doesnt see the flac files!! i dont even know if it is hardware of software issue and that is really irritating.

i dont want to send it back to hong kong  but i will contact the seller and explain the situation because there is nothing i can do now. except converting all the files to wave format.

and Hyl i think this might help you

When playing WAV files, there is a short-term noise between songs!

The problem with the noise between songs in high-resolution music is achieved using FOOBAR2000. When converting from FLAC to WAV's with foobar2000, there is then no longer pops between tracks. At the moment, our R&D team is working on a new firmware update that solves this problem regardless of the conversion software.

this is from their website
http://www.colorfly.eu/index_faq.html

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #236 of 807
I like that colorfly are dedicated to working on there firware for this.  For me Iv had no pops or anything (even when now listening specifically after reading the post).

Also I dont know whats up with your player and flac, i have 32gb of nothing but flac on my card and everything plays 100% of the time.  Maybe something to do with the songs tags?

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #237 of 807
hmm i am not sure i understand what you mean by songs tags. i edited the tags now, change the artist and song name, it still the same.

the thing is after i send the songs to C3 memory, after i disconnect the device and try to play the songs it says "no file".

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #240 of 807
That's a bummer. It has to be a software issue as I don't see what hardware problem can cause only flac files to be unplayable. I have no issues with mine - it came with the latest FW and I haven't even touched the internal storage as I'm not using it at all. Maybe colorfly can send you a different version of the software to try - for instance, an older version to see if the issue is fixed and then you can try again to flash the latest one 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back