REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Sep 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #196 of 807
Zo1 is no longer available but the Zo2 has many improved features anyway. like volume control and a few other touches.  Look for the zo2.3, you can buy direct from Digizoid.  Hope you enjoy, shoot me a message once you get it :)

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #197 of 807
Quote:
Thank you,

Well it depends, i cant really comment unless i know if/what you are using a lod and amp with the ipod.  If not (and assuming the ipod straight out the hp out) the c3 is a clear winner.

In regards to the using an amp with the c3 the whole purpose of an amp really should be to NOT affect sound quality, just to boost the power or volume level.

However in using the c3 with amp it sounds good with t3d, headstage arrow and fiio e11.  Those are the only amps I have tried it with and because the c3 has such a clean signal it works very well.

Actually I wanted to know if below situation:

ipod 5th generation  is using LOD and E11. vs color C3 and E11, which one sounds better?

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #198 of 807
Quote:
Actually I wanted to know if below situation:

ipod 5th generation  is using LOD and E11. vs color C3 and E11, which one sounds better?

Can't comment on that exact setup, but I can get close. I have an iPod 5th Gen and LOD (Fiio L3) to a Fiio E7 and also C3 via headphone out to an E7, and for me, the C3 is the clear winner. The C3 is also the winner when amped, compared to my Clip Zip too. the C3 really does have a lovely sound and when paired with the right headphones is a joy. C3 amped with my V-Moda M80's or my UE TF10's is just great.

Unrelated to your question, but just to mention it, I have just been trying the C3 with my new Vsonic GR07's (50 Ohm impedance) too. Just lovely with the C3 through the E7 even though the GR07's are not burned in yet. And for anyone worried about being able to drive the GR07's with the C3 unamped, there may or may not be a concern for you. They can be driven just fine, to ear drum bursting volumes even without an amp. 35/40 on the volume with an unamped C3 is as much as my ears will take, but caveat emptor, at lower volumes, the GR07's lose all their detail and punch and would not be my choice if you want to listen at low volume levels on an unamped C3. Amped, they are better at lower volumes however. My experience with the GR07's amped from the C3 through the E7 is broadly similar to my experience of the E7 generally, it adds a smoothness and warmth to everything I have tried it with. If you are anything like me, there is some music that benefits from the addition of the E7 and some that does not.

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #199 of 807
Yeah, I have to say the c3 is great with the e11 as the e11 is pretty transparent and the eq mainly boost the sub-bass without affecting the mids. 
By the way, I exchanged the tri-flanges with olives on my eety er4s and it sounds great with the e3 without an amp.
On another note, the c3 has some issues with some cue sheets and doesn't always separate the songs properly if you're using one big flac file for the entire album. It's not a big issue for me as I don't change the songs very often and while I could separate them myself, I do prefer to have the entire album in one seamless piece.

Sep 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #200 of 807
Just a word of warning to all. My C3 shipped with a UK plug mains/USB charger. This turned out to be faulty and causes my C3 to flash all its buttons on and off and cycle through random tracks. Having opened the charger, it is a nasty, cheap thing that if I had known how poor quality it was, wouldn't have been near my C3 in the first place. I am now using my Kindle mains/USB charger and it is fine. As long as you check the rating on your charger to make sure it meets an output of 5v and a minimum of 500mA, any charger should be fine to use with it. 

After a thorough examination of it, there is not a CE marking or anything else, to indicate the UK charger shipped with my C3 has been through any sort of testing or certification, so my advice to you all would be to avoid using it.

Do you guys/gals that received the C3 in America get a US adaptor with it ? Is it poor quality too ? 

EDIT: Seems a bizarre thing to do, ship a cheap and nasty charger when the C3 is such nice quality. Very much a false economy, and affects how people see the quality of the overall package.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #201 of 807
well,  I never looked at mine LOL it says it's made by Apple Japan. Mine seemed to work fine, although I still use the charger from my creative zen.  

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #202 of 807
Quote:
Just a word of warning to all. My C3 shipped with a UK plug mains/USB charger. This turned out to be faulty and causes my C3 to flash all its buttons on and off and cycle through random tracks. Having opened the charger, it is a nasty, cheap thing that if I had known how poor quality it was, wouldn't have been near my C3 in the first place. I am now using my Kindle mains/USB charger and it is fine. As long as you check the rating on your charger to make sure it meets an output of 5v and a minimum of 500mA, any charger should be fine to use with it. 

After a thorough examination of it, there is not a CE marking or anything else, to indicate the UK charger shipped with my C3 has been through any sort of testing or certification, so my advice to you all would be to avoid using it.

Do you guys/gals that received the C3 in America get a US adaptor with it ? Is it poor quality too ? 

EDIT: Seems a bizarre thing to do, ship a cheap and nasty charger when the C3 is such nice quality. Very much a false economy, and affects how people see the quality of the overall package.

The c3 doesn't come with a charger, rather it comes with those cheap chargers from the seller, not from colorfly as far as I know just a usb cable which works fine. Just as colorfly arent sending out hisound headphones as part of their package, it is added by the seller as a "bonus".

This issue has came up a few times, if your getting something from china with an adaptor excercise caution as the have probably just bought a load of the cheapest ones in bulk and thrown it in.

Nothing to do with colorfly, just the sellers you buy from, email them and make them aware of the issue as people may just assume its certified for use with the player.

From the get go I also used my kindle wall wart or htc one, no problems.

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #204 of 807
I got my unit yesterday and I do think that iBasso DX100 is better than C3, I'm also confident that it is not 8 or 9 times better. The sound quality that is coming out of this little unit extremely surprised me. I thought this was going to be another RoCoo BA case but certainly not. There's no highs or low jumping at you, I don't sense a big midbass hump or any anomalies with the sound signature. For the price, this thing is great. The great thing about this is that I don't hear any hiss with my sensitive custom iems. 

On the other hand, I wish there were more physical buttons to fiddle with. To lock the player is quite hard and not as smooth as the gesture on iTouch devices. 

Here's my biggest criticism though. i can't seem to play an entire album. I find the album click and play it and after the first song it just stops. Any ideas how to fix this? And there was no English manual that came with it either. 

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #205 of 807
Quote:
Ebay has two vendors colorfly c3 (merock2010 and bigbargainonline) which is better? colorfly the back of c3 is different in each.One is fake? Thank

No there wont be any fakes in the c3.  One will just be an alternate case.

I get quite a few things from big bargains and the seem to always to deliver to the uk in about a week and have always been reliable for me.

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #206 of 807
Quote:
The c3 doesn't come with a charger, rather it comes with those cheap chargers from the seller, not from colorfly as far as I know just a usb cable which works fine. Just as colorfly arent sending out hisound headphones as part of their package, it is added by the seller as a "bonus".

This issue has came up a few times, if your getting something from china with an adaptor excercise caution as the have probably just bought a load of the cheapest ones in bulk and thrown it in.

Nothing to do with colorfly, just the sellers you buy from, email them and make them aware of the issue as people may just assume its certified for use with the player.

From the get go I also used my kindle wall wart or htc one, no problems.

I wasn't aware it was the seller including the adaptor, Stozzer. I will indeed email them. Thanks for that.

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #207 of 807
No problem, best people know about it, would be terrible blow their players for the sake of a 10cent adaptor
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #208 of 807
I got my unit yesterday and I do think that iBasso DX100 is better than C3, I'm also confident that it is not 8 or 9 times better. The sound quality that is coming out of this little unit extremely surprised me. I thought this was going to be another RoCoo BA case but certainly not. There's no highs or low jumping at you, I don't sense a big midbass hump or any anomalies with the sound signature. For the price, this thing is great. The great thing about this is that I don't hear any hiss with my sensitive custom iems. 

On the other hand, I wish there were more physical buttons to fiddle with. To lock the player is quite hard and not as smooth as the gesture on iTouch devices. 

Here's my biggest criticism though. i can't seem to play an entire album. I find the album click and play it and after the first song it just stops. Any ideas how to fix this? And there was no English manual that came with it either. 

I believe that DX100 must be very much better than C3 because DX100 is several times more expansive than C3.

Regarding RoCoo BA, what are the major problem did you find?

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #209 of 807
Quote:
I believe that DX100 must be very much better than C3 because DX100 is several times more expansive than C3.
Regarding RoCoo BA, what are the major problem did you find?

Too thin and bright sounding. Also the user interface along with the buttons were not the best. I don't like the little screen of C3 either, especially locking the keys part but hey you've gotta make some concessions I guess. I just wish Apple  teamed up with Colorfly or iBasso Audio to get the internals and they take care of the user interface. For that device, I'd have no problem paying a grand or two. 

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #210 of 807
Quote:
Too thin and bright sounding. Also the user interface along with the buttons were not the best. I don't like the little screen of C3 either, especially locking the keys part but hey you've gotta make some concessions I guess. I just wish Apple  teamed up with Colorfly or iBasso Audio to get the internals and they take care of the user interface. For that device, I'd have no problem paying a grand or two. 

Oh I thought the DX100 runs android... That should be close to the 'get the internals and take care of the UI', or did they not? I didn't follow the dx100 thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back