REVIEW - COLORFLY C3
Sep 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #106 of 807
Only think i think id be capable of doing would be unsoldering the battery and replacing when it fail 
confused_face.gif
  other than that whats possible?

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #107 of 807
I don't know if you guy's can translate that review I posted using Chrome and my link was squeezed between to posts of photo's last page.

So. I'll just translate the SQ section of this review.

http://www.soomal.com/doc/20100002631.htm

Subjective sense of hearing evaluation

The subjective sense of hearing tests, we mainly use the iPhone 4, iPod Classic, Colorful CK4V Sony B152F people familiar with the Creative Aurvana Air headphones or use as a contrast to the player; the Vsonic GR07, Edifier H260 the Aurvana InEar3 and Colorful CK4 in with the the iron triangle C770 headphones. Overall, the sound of Colorful C3 style and CK4, C4 PRO consistent, still belongs to the neutral style, but the driving force is not so good, when we first Vsonic GR07, already feeling it seem powerless .

High-frequency performance: Colorful C3 and CK4 is C4 PRO using the DAC chip is not the same, while the C3 most satisfied people in the high-frequency performance. And B152F, iPhone 4, Colorful C3 high frequency overall quality better than iPod Shuffle. Its high-frequency sounds more clean, slightly open and some of the sound field, the Creative Aurvana Air in the resolution of a well on the GR07, the advantages of C3 is more obvious some. CK4 compared to the high frequency of C3 slightly convergence, but the density is more compact overall look smoother and fuller. The CK4 high frequency slightly brighter overall dynamic better, but in the larger dynamic more obvious than C3 burr.

Compared with the iPod Classic, CK4 evaluation about the quality of their very close, but CK4 sound convergence, the high frequency of the IPC bright, dynamic slightly better. C3 high frequency, relatively speaking, more dynamic but also somewhat less than IPC convergence, but have good resolving power, transient performance. Overall, the high-frequency dynamics of C3 relative the iPhone 4, CK4 is, the IPC should be a little worse, but the overall sound is clean, has good resolving power and transient performance, sound level.

The IF performance: Colorful C3 the IF style and before the two players is very much like, neutral light, the vocal performance is not so strong, this area is a matter of style, while at the same time it was also the driving force of C3 is relatively limited. The relative B152F, iPhone and other player, C3 IF resolving certain advantages [relative B152F is slightly larger, but the dynamic performance is still bad vocal performance thin headset H260, Inear3, Aurvana Air, etc. The relatively good performance in GR07, IF dynamic some obviously insufficient, the sound is solid enough, but also significantly thin.

C3 especially in the IF intermediate frequency and high-frequency part of the sound level of detail is still relatively good. CK4 IF style slightly different, CK4 dynamic than the C3 significantly better performance of the human voice is richer, more open sound, the atmosphere seemed to stretch more open, large dynamic scenes, and wide dynamic The CK4 sound a bit rough. Even if the big scene in the C3 will be the performance of small and exquisite, of course, nor should momentum. But the overall sound level will be better.

Low-frequency performance: Colorful C3 sense of low volume low, its low-frequency performance can be basically unacceptable in some easy-to-drive-Ear Headphones, such as H260, including the H280, Inear3, C3 low-frequency small establishment, dynamic bass good resolving power and a sufficient amount of sense, but in VSonic GR07, low-frequency start has some thin. Compared with other players, even B152F, C3 sense of low volume to be slightly less than normal, dynamic inadequate.

Overall, C3 remains Colorful player past style, high-frequency, high-frequency performance C3 to perform better in the small and medium-sized dynamic, small and medium-sized volume, the overall dynamic performance than CK4, voice style is very similar. C3's sound is clean, clear hierarchies, small preparation is more good music. But the dynamic aspects of the iPod Classic, CK4 iPhone 4 seems more than C3 powerful and solid. Headset with C3 is not suitable for the more difficult to drive headphones VSonic GR07 headphones, C3 only high-frequency and high-frequency is still excellent, but the IF is weakly. Leniency Inear3 this sound of moving iron headphones and H260, C770, Creative Aurvana Air is very easy to drive headphones have a relatively good performance, these headphones also allow high resolution the C3 high frequency performance better.

I know with my Clip+ from experience GR07 is not driven to decent levels, It works and get's you out of trouble, but when you use a Cowon player like C2 or a player with more power you can clearly hear where that extra power is going. Everything this reviewer described is how my Clip+ sounds 'to me' with GR07, maybe to a lesser extend with the Clip+. So C3 having less power than Sansa's Clip+ is not going to work in my favour unfortunately.

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #108 of 807
Well, I'll be checking this when I get mine. I just hate speculations and conclusions based on one review, especially one translated from chinese with google chrome. If head-fi has taught me something that is that while online impressions and reviews may give general idea of how something sounds, it is always a good idea to test stuff yourself instead of just saying -"oh, that sounds like that and the other thing sounds like that another thing that sounds like the first thing". I just see too much recommendations and comparisons and jumping to conclusions in some threads here with people always referring to someone elses reviews without even having heard that thing by themselves. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #109 of 807
Well, I'll be checking this when I get mine. I just hate speculations and conclusions based on one review, especially one translated from chinese with google chrome. If head-fi has taught me something that is that while online impressions and reviews may give general idea of how something sounds, it is always a good idea to test stuff yourself instead of just saying -"oh, that sounds like that and the other thing sounds like that another thing that sounds like the first thing". I just see too much recommendations and comparisons and jumping to conclusions in some threads here with people always referring to someone elses reviews without even having heard that thing by themselves. 

And one thing Head-fi has taught me is do your research before jumping in and buying something.

Please be sure to let me know your thoughts when it arrives with GR07. :smile:

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #110 of 807
Quote:
I don't know if you guy's can translate that review I posted using Chrome and my link was squeezed between to posts of photo's last page.
So. I'll just translate the SQ section of this review.
http://www.soomal.com/doc/20100002631.htm
I know with my Clip+ from experience GR07 is not driven to decent levels, It works and get's you out of trouble, but when you use a Cowon player like C2 or a player with more power you can clearly hear where that extra power is going. Everything this reviewer described is how my Clip+ sounds 'to me' with GR07, maybe to a lesser extend with the Clip+. So C3 having less power than Sansa's Clip+ is not going to work in my favour unfortunately.

Sorry to inform u guys that this site is not trustworthy~maybe I should just grab one and write a thing or 2 about it. Hey, it is about time for us, Chinese, to enjoy some geographical advantages and share some good info in the HiFi world~ 

Will try to get it done within the coming week~

References:
DAP : zune 30g, creative jukebox zen, movu
IEM : TF10, klipsch Custom3.....
Can: Jvc rx900, akg k450(i am not a happy owner of this can!), and some too hard to drive with PO cans (akg 240df, beyer 990, 880~koss 950)

Cheers

Lee

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #111 of 807
Sorry to inform u guys that this site is not trustworthy

Which sites not trustworthy? This one or the one I linked above?

It would be great to have some more impressions! All I can go off is a bunch of words just like the last bunch of words, then make an evaluation on what I've heard and own. Until more guinea pigs trial the player who I know like Stozzer will give their honest opinions we must wait.....

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #112 of 807
@ Kova4a - I have already ordered one already :) If you get yours before mine, then you might save me from wasting £40 on a decent brand of 64Gb SD card though, only to find it doesn't work, so thanks,

My normal source is an iPod video (5th Gen) running into a Fiio E7 via a Fiio L3 LOD cable and listening with TF10's or V-Moda M-80. This little Colorfly player should be interesting. Shipped to the UK and with Paypal's horrid exchange rates, the C3 is still a bargain, working out at approx £87. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #113 of 807
http://www.soomal.com/doc/20100002631.htm  this site is known for their mis-leading reviews from under-paid amateurs~so as most of bigs sites when comes to Hi-Fi stuff~

Sound is not something that u grade with just a benchmark, so I would be very careful when reading reviews from big site~

on the other hand, ppl from this forum have been more than helpful, enough of homework here = my audtion exp when i actually get the gears.

so i would vote for ppl here to stay on things for a while before buying it, cuz every single one of us is subjective, reading a lot before buying is definately smart~

of course, actual audition would be ideal~if the gear are not like 2 continents away-_-!

Sep 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #114 of 807
Ok cool, thanks for clearing that up, it seemed pretty legit to me though.

All I know is two separate reviews have mentioned the C3 is underpowered with certain IEMs, one mentioning RE0 (understandable) and another GR07. Those along with a experienced member here who already showed some concerns about C3 not driving some IEMs efficiently has caught my attention. Those three opinions have caused enough repetition in my searches for me to believe it may be the case.

But we will wait and see...

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #115 of 807
It does drive at a higher volume level, some examples of volume listening levels for me might be helpful.  *the max is 40

Pfe112 - 32/40
b2-  34/40
eph -32/40
samson sr850 (32 ohm) - 34/40

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #117 of 807
Quote:
Only think i think id be capable of doing would be unsoldering the battery and replacing when it fail 
confused_face.gif

Not much. It may have output coupling caps that could be upgraded but it may not do much if correct value and you already like it as is. It's not like you can change the output amp and there's no room to add one. As is, it looks like it would be optimum for a mid to high impedance iem of reasonable efficiency.

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #118 of 807
Quote:
confused_face.gif

For a start, you can check the dc offset at opamp's output pin (make sure your point of measurement is before the output capacitor). If it's below 20mV, you may omit the output caps (based on goodvibes comment, i assume there is one)

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #119 of 807
Wouldn't know where to start lol, would that just provide more power to drive the phones?

Im more software capable that hardware although i do dabble a bit on the computer side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back