[Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and versus CK100)
Jul 26, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #138 of 356
Not really a mistake, they have been selling low at that price for a while. that is a steal, i thought I got mine cheap and I paid for 500 AUD.

While this IEM are not really suitable for long listening session they are truly a good all rounder. 

Jul 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #141 of 356
Lol. There's no mistake to me the CK100PRO's are far more resolving, technically proficient than the Westone W4R/Ultimate Ears UE900 to my ears. Simply there's no competition here, although I would have to put up my personal disclaimer that depending on your acquired signature taste/preferred genres, the Westone W4R or UE900 may be a more desirable IEM for your own pair of ears. The CK100PRO is definitely a brighter/analytical universal IEM compared to W4R/UE900 thus they go better with genres that falls under harmonics rather than fundementals, but to my ears the CK100PRO also has a much better PRaT factor with a much more musically-involving synergy with the kind of music genres I listen to as well.

I can't complain much for the W4R in terms of its build quality as Westone's IEMs are always pretty well-built and sturdy in terms of housing build to me though I have never owned any of them and is only based through my own demo impressions in stores here, but I can't speak the same for the UE900, the build quality are actually quite bad to my eyes and I would probably rank it about on-par with the Triple.fi 10's build quality if you ask me. There's no mistake to me that in terms of overall build quality, the CK100PRO takes the cake here as it just feels like a more expensive product compared to the UE900.
:xf_eek:

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #142 of 356
Quote:
Lol. There's no mistake to me the CK100PRO's are far more resolving, technically proficient than the Westone W4R/Ultimate Ears UE900 to my ears. Simply there's no competition here, although I would have to put up my personal disclaimer that depending on your acquired signature taste/preferred genres, the Westone W4R or UE900 may be a more desirable IEM for your own pair of ears. The CK100PRO is definitely a brighter/analytical universal IEM compared to W4R/UE900 thus they go better with genres that falls under harmonics rather than fundementals, but to my ears the CK100PRO also has a much better PRaT factor with a much more musically-involving synergy with the kind of music genres I listen to as well.

I can't complain much for the W4R in terms of its build quality as Westone's IEMs are always pretty well-built and sturdy in terms of housing build to me though I have never owned any of them and is only based through my own demo impressions in stores here, but I can't speak the same for the UE900, the build quality are actually quite bad to my eyes and I would probably rank it about on-par with the Triple.fi 10's build quality if you ask me. There's no mistake to me that in terms of overall build quality, the CK100PRO takes the cake here as it just feels like a more expensive product compared to the UE900.
redface.gif

I would tend to agree with these sentiments. The CK100Pro is extremely resolving and doesn't have the transient sloppiness that the quad BAs (XBA-40, W4R and UE900) seem to have to my ears. I think the drivers are seemingly time aligned better, or there are just fewer of them to time align properly. That said, they are definitely not euphonic and relaxing like the other 3 quad BA's are.

Build quality on the CK100Pro is pretty amazing but they are awkward to put on and off.

Jul 28, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #143 of 356
I am trying to decide between these and the Heir A4i and Fischer Amps Fa e4 xb.
I am after a big soundstage, sparkly highs/deep bass and a fairly flat response. If you guys have heard any of the above can you elaborate further please.

Jul 28, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #145 of 356
Sound stage on the CK100pro is not amazingly huge, but definitely spacious and sufficient for most genres, response is fairly flat and extension is outstanding. I also find them ok to wear, it seems awkward but really isn't once you get used to it. These are very underrated top tier iems IMO.

Jul 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #147 of 356
Quote:
Go with ck100pro, they are all that, sound stage are not wide but for ba they are great.

Quote:
Sound stage on the CK100pro is not amazingly huge, but definitely spacious and sufficient for most genres, response is fairly flat and extension is outstanding. I also find them ok to wear, it seems awkward but really isn't once you get used to it. These are very underrated top tier iems IMO.

Quote:

Many Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back