[Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey with Audio-technica and versus CK100)
Nov 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #181 of 356
  This is probably an odd question, but does anyone know if Audio Technica changed the cables for the CK100PROs after their initial release?  A friend recently purchased a pair and he noticed that the cable coming from both earpieces has a crease running down it.  You only notice it if you look close up, but can feel it if you run your finger on the cable.  I'm curious as my pair doesn't seem to have this...

You know what, I just replaced my pair a few days ago with a brand new set and there is indeed a "crease". The cable also behaves in a way that's slightly different from my old pair, though that could just be because it's new. I don't think there's a sonic difference though. 

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #182 of 356
Purchased CK100PRO recently, but it has too much bass for my liking, which makes listening a very tiring experience. Does anyone else have similar problem? Is there any way to tame bass and bring (upper) mids forward? Resistors, tips?

Jun 2, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #183 of 356
Bass of ck100pro is the last thing i found people have an issue with normally people an issue with the treble.

try the comply tip.

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #186 of 356
Guys I need your help. 

I also have the CK100 pro, these headphones are amazing but one of the cables died on me.

Do you know where can I buy a replacement (or compatible cables). I have look everywhere and I can't seem to find out. 

Thank in advance. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #187 of 356
Just don't listen to J-Pop or any other poorly recorded music and you will be very happy with the ck100pro.

Reviving dead thread here.

I have been looking at the ck100pro for a long while now, as a compliment to my dying RE-262 (probably polar opposites).
I have owned the RE-262 for several years and never really warmed up to them, as they are (imo) technically very clumsy and lack bass & especially treble.
Essentially (treble) GRADO-head looking for a GRADOish iem...

I listen to a lot of

• Electronic music (Shingo Nakamura...),
    • dreampop (Memoryhouse...),
    • contemporary classical (Steve Reich, Philip Glass, Dessner..)
    • but also J-Rock (Soteisei Riron, Ikimono Gakari) and J-Pop / OSTs.

My questions is whether the ck100pro are even usable with those genres...

Thanks in advance...
    :beerchug:

P.S.: Are they available in Taiwan?

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #188 of 356
Guys I need your help. 

I also have the CK100 pro, these headphones are amazing but one of the cables died on me.

Do you know where can I buy a replacement (or compatible cables). I have look everywhere and I can't seem to find out. 

Thank in advance. 

maybe look at custom cable makers (BTG-Audio...)

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #189 of 356
  Guys I need your help. 

Thank in advance. 

Look on www.null-audio.com site.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #193 of 356
Are there any other options, which could replace the ck100pro?

I always thought the IM03s were supposed to be the successors to the CK100PROs. I only trialed the IM03s but they did have a similar sound signature to my ears. Japanese forums have also described them as the closest to the CK100PROs from that range, but with improved treble.

Jul 10, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #194 of 356
I always thought the IM03s were supposed to be the successors to the CK100PROs. I only trialed the IM03s but they did have a similar sound signature to my ears. Japanese forums have also described them as the closest to the CK100PROs from that range, but with improved treble.

Seems legit, but
  1. why is it so much cheaper than the ck100pro (19000 yen lowest for the IM03 thus far)
  2. why does the IM03 seem warmer than the IM02 - wouldn't the IM02 be a better replacement.
  3. why did ATH opt for plastic instead of the (stunning) titanium & (faux)leather pouch
  4. from the box the IM03 seems to be marketed more as a stage monitor (rather than an audiophile listening tool)

I was waiting for the ck100pro's price spike to go down again (to ~30000yen) - but that never happened again...
frown.gif

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #195 of 356

The IM03 has the same level of detail? I always thought about the ck100pro being my most obvious option to upgrade, just the weird shape (that should result on a finicky fit) keeps me from upgrading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back