REVIEW: Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire Headphone Amplifier
Oct 26, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #16 of 50
OK, so maybe I came across as a bit rude, and for this I'm sorry. Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations of a thread titled "REVIEW: Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire Headphone Amplifier". Yes, I've mostly been a speaker kind of a person, but recently started looking into higher-end headphone setups. But I expected more information about, well, the way the Liquid Fire sounds, comparisons, etc. It's like trying to watch a movie on A&E - 5 minutes of footage and you're off to commercials. Not enough substance.

I'll give the OP credit for having patience with my post, and for confirming that he will indeed come back with more meat.

Since this will be my first serious headphone rig, I'm afraid I can't offer any reviews of my own yet, and my reviewing speakers would not be on topic on this site. I do promise to contribute once I have my setup together.

Peace to all.

Quote:
Well now that you've lurked about and made this your very first post it on Head-Fi it will be interesting to read one of your first reviews should you ever desire to put in the effort from your spare time and post one. 

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #17 of 50
Nice review.

I will say from my own listening that this is a fabulous amp.  It is super fast with fabulous response all across the audio band of high, mid, and bass.  I like other LF owners experienced epiphanies as the hours build up on it.  I did own a WA22 and the LF just beat it in every way.  The LCD2rev2's are a great combination with the amp revealing detail and impact I have not experienced with a headphone rig ever.  No I haven't heard a Stax 009 system to compare.  I've read nothing but good about the LC-3 pairing with the LF too.  I would like to get those sometime in the next 6 months.

Thanks for the review!!

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #18 of 50
Icenine2, since I have a LCD-3 on pre-order (well, on the waiting list, to be more accurate) I will certainly post a follow-up to my review taking it into consideration.

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #22 of 50
Nice pictures!  The dark wood under it makes it really distinguished looking.

I have a silver W4S DAC2 as well.  I spoke with them about a month ago about getting a new cover painted bright red like the LF volume knob!  They said they could do it so I'll wait a while.  It would take on the look of those cool looking turntables in all the bright colors!

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #24 of 50
Fantastic Photos! I'm soooooooooooo tempted... Great Review by the way.
atsmile.gif

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #25 of 50
Yes SS you are the poor cousin w/those killer Siemens tubes and that Realizer..............Wait I just drooled on myself!

Quote:
Beautiful pictures!
You and Icenine2 have the W4S2 DAC, I guess I am the poor cousin because I have the cheaper W4S1 DAC with the cap upgrade.

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #26 of 50
Great pics. the Liquid Fire rocks!

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #27 of 50
No offense intended but this review made me laugh with sentences like "in order to objectively ascertain the shock absorbency of the packaging" and "The external LEDs came across as offensive in their brightness as they had transcended their intended functionality as visual feedback devices and started acting as miniature light projectors", among others.

Was this overly academic wording/writing style done intentionally for humorous effect or is that just how you write?

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #29 of 50
No offense taken! A lot of reviews here take themselves too seriously, so I figured I should inject a bit of professorial-sounding pompous verbiage and see if someone's gonna call me out on it.

I can assure you that the substance of the review was serious, though, just like the intensity of the power button LED.

Quote:
No offense intended but this review made me laugh with sentences like "in order to objectively ascertain the shock absorbency of the packaging" and "The external LEDs came across as offensive in their brightness as they had transcended their intended functionality as visual feedback devices and started acting as miniature light projectors", among others.

Was this overly academic wording/writing style done intentionally for humorous effect or is that just how you write?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back