Review: Brainwavz M1 - Taking ViSang off Steriods
Mar 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #31 of 48

Quote:
Big THANKS to Joker!!!

I ended up going with the A151.  I just got them today and am trying them out.  I really enjoy the clarity of the sound.  I am finding them much more comfortable than my superfi 4.  I am using the double flange tips.  I don't have any problems with getting them in the right ear but for some reason the left ear always gives me some problems.  I just need to get use to putting them in I guess.  I know that the sound is the most important thing but I really like the cable....light and doesn't tangle and seems well connected.

Good to hear. Have you tried the single-flange tips? When these are worn cable-down the single-flange tips are actually pretty comfortable and give you more leeway in terms of size. It is not impossible that your right & left ear need different-size tips.

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #33 of 48
Hmm.. I've heard nice things about the M2s, but they are a little out of my price range right now. 
I may have to pick up a set of M1s! 

Joker, you seem to be giving good information. Can you help me out real quick?
Would these be my best bet for ~$50? I listen to a lot of electronic, experimental, ambient, and drone music. I also play some hip hop and indie too.. 

edit: just ordered the M2's!

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #34 of 48

Quote:
@joker

i can get the M1 for $25, would you recommend it? 

and the TD III V2 for 38euros shipped?

many thanks

Depending on what you're after, those are good prices for both. I think the bang/buck ratio all things considered is better on the M1 at $25 but not if you don't like its signature.

Quote:
Hmm.. I've heard nice things about the M2s, but they are a little out of my price range right now. 
I may have to pick up a set of M1s! 

Joker, you seem to be giving good information. Can you help me out real quick?
Would these be my best bet for ~$50? I listen to a lot of electronic, experimental, ambient, and drone music. I also play some hip hop and indie too.. 

edit: just ordered the M2's!

Good choice on the M2s - they should work well and are still very good @ $50.

Oct 21, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #35 of 48

Quote:

Quote:
@joker

i can get the M1 for $25, would you recommend it? 

and the TD III V2 for 38euros shipped?

many thanks

Depending on what you're after, those are good prices for both. I think the bang/buck ratio all things considered is better on the M1 at $25 but not if you don't like its signature.

which is closer to the MX/CX 281? and which to the pl50?

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #36 of 48

Quote:

M1 probably closer to PL50; TD-III closer to CX281 but a lot bassier and more mid-forward.

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #37 of 48

Quote:

Quote:

M1 probably closer to PL50; TD-III closer to CX281 but a lot bassier and more mid-forward.

now, my question is: i have 3 iems in mind  A151 for $60 , TD for $50 and M1 for $25. i can get any or all of them, but is it a wise buy? i already have the PL50

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #38 of 48

Quote:
now, my question is: i have 3 iems in mind  A151 for $60 , TD for $50 and M1 for $25. i can get any or all of them, but is it a wise buy? i already have the PL50 

That's not really something I can help you with. Th PL50 is already a good IEM and not far behind these others. The A151 is pretty similar (same driver after all), just tuned for a bit more bass and less thick/syrupy mids.  The M1 is a somewhat mid-centric dynamic IEM with a pretty neutral tone. The TD-III is more fun oriented with its heavy bass and lush midrange.  Whether any of these are worth investing in if you already have a good mid-range IEM is up to you.

May 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #39 of 48
I've bought these earphones but why I can't feel the great sound of M1 like you all do. I don't feel any big difference between my samsung stock and M1. At first I thought it is only me or because I'm playing from my mobile phone. But after my friends tried it, they also said that there wasn't any noticeable difference between their 10$ sony earphones and between 40$ M1.
I'm playing it with my samsung galaxy i5801 and also tried it on my PC with built in realtek audio card. I know these are cheap hardware but have no money to purchase a good mp3 player.
I also tried it with sony-walkman NWZ-B150 and still no difference. While my friend bought creative ep-630 and we can sense a major difference from stock to ep-630 but not in M1. Why?
Burned it for 150+ hours and tried different ear tips but not much change in sound.

What should I do? Are you all using high quality mp3 players?

May 13, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #40 of 48
Quote:
I've bought these earphones but why I can't feel the great sound of M1 like you all do. I don't feel any big difference between my samsung stock and M1. At first I thought it is only me or because I'm playing from my mobile phone. But after my friends tried it, they also said that there wasn't any noticeable difference between their 10$ sony earphones and between 40$ M1.
I'm playing it with my samsung galaxy i5801 and also tried it on my PC with built in realtek audio card. I know these are cheap hardware but have no money to purchase a good mp3 player.
I also tried it with sony-walkman NWZ-B150 and still no difference. While my friend bought creative ep-630 and we can sense a major difference from stock to ep-630 but not in M1. Why?
Burned it for 150+ hours and tried different ear tips but not much change in sound.

What should I do? Are you all using high quality mp3 players?

Personally, I really hear a major difference between my first Hi-Fi phone from stock Apple earbuds, but everyone's ears are different, and perhaps you just need some time to settle down.
Sit down, relax, and compare your M1 with your Samsung stock... there should be noticeable difference if you listen closely.

Another point is that sometimes Sound Signature and Sound Quality differences are there, but subtle, and can be overblown by hype.
You need to listen intently sometimes to notice small differences in Sonic characteristics, but it's there.

May 13, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #41 of 48
Yes there are some subtle changes, but why subtle. There should be some major changes, since I'm changing from stock to hi-fi earphones and also M1 are 4x the price of Samsung's stock. If there are changes then why I need to listen intently, I should notice them as I listen. But I don't feel that I'm listening anything hi-fi earphones. 
There are some changes like highs in stock are overpowering, comfort and build quality is not as good as M1. But still my expectations was high from M1.
Here is a thread, which has a discussion related to my problem, there are many users feeling the same way so I'm not the only one.
http://www.erodov.com/forums/got-brainwavz-m1-but-unhappy/47743.html

I will compare them more, but many said in forums that M1 is much better than ep-630. Don't know when I get this feeling. :frowning2:

May 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #42 of 48
I think part of getting into this hobby is gradually appreciating the subtle differences in sound. As you listen more, you'll notice bigger differences. That is if you have the right ears :). Im still convinced there are many, many bored people on here trying to convince themselves they're audiophiles, even when they can't hear any differences in headphones lol. Like others have said, try listening to them for a bit more, go back to the stock buds and see what you think.

As for the m1, they are my least favorite IEMs that I've tried to date. Well Ive tried some other no names, but I was surprised at how bad they sounded with all the good reviews that came with it. For me, it wasn't a matter of listening longer. I plain didn't like them. You might be in the same boat.

May 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #44 of 48
Well, I'm not an audiophile, just a casual listener and that's why I don't want to notice any subtle difference. Just wanted a sound better than my stock. It is better but not that much for which I should pay 4x extra price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back