Review: Brainwavz M1 - Taking ViSang off Steriods
May 29, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #16 of 48
will those work with a sansa fuze ? I have the SM pl-30's and it takes about 70% of the volume for comfortable listening, and the Impedance on the M1's is much higher, will the sansa fuze even drive them to a comfortable listening volume ?

May 29, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #17 of 48
Quote:
will those work with a sansa fuze ? I have the SM pl-30's and it takes about 70% of the volume for comfortable listening, and the Impedance on the M1's is much higher, will the sansa fuze even drive them to a comfortable listening volume ?

If you need 70% for PL30s, the M1s would be pushing it. I would look at the M2 which are similar to the PL30 in ease of driving - about 30-35% on the Fuze for me. 

May 30, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #18 of 48
I've just pre-ordered these as well, is there an exact date of when these are released? I read on the introduction page that it was within the last week of May or something, but it's be nice to know an exact date, so I can kinda estimate when they'll get here.

May 30, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #19 of 48
They were supposed to come in Friday, but it was updated that they were going to arrive Monday. That's what sucks about preorder, there's always a possibility of delays. But getting a good deal is the good part.
wink.gif

May 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #20 of 48
Update: In stock and shipping: http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193481&f=1#p193481

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #24 of 48
Mine came today, really Impressed with Mp4nation - quick delivery, also sent it as a gift to avoid ridiculous UK customs, aswell as getting 2 pairs for £20, I got a free $5 store voucher and 25 downloadable songs. Absolute STEAL.

Oh, and they sound incredible for their price.

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #25 of 48
Hey guys,

Quick question,

Does MP4nation have the 50% off deals very often?  ...or was it a one time deal?  I am sorry but I am new and don't know. 

Also, are the M1s comfortable?

Thanks!

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #26 of 48

Quote:
Does MP4nation have the 50% off deals very often?  ...or was it a one time deal?  I am sorry but I am new and don't know. 

Twice that I can remember, plus once with a coupon code that expired very quickly. I doubt it's worth waiting around for a deal unless you really can't afford these at full price. You can always try the FS forum, too.

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #27 of 48
Thanks ljokerl!

I appreciate your answer and your thread on IEMs.

I have used a Superfi 4 and felt it very uncomfortable and unfortunately am scared to get back into them (IEMs). 

I want to find a good comfortable fit with a good mid signature.  I like the sound of the M1.  I have just seen the thread on the PL-50.  I definitely have to do some work to find out what to choose!

Any suggestions would be welcomed!  Budget about $100.

Thanks!....Dave

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #28 of 48

Quote:
I have used a Superfi 4 and felt it very uncomfortable and unfortunately am scared to get back into them (IEMs). 

I want to find a good comfortable fit with a good mid signature.  I like the sound of the M1.  I have just seen the thread on the PL-50.  I definitely have to do some work to find out what to choose!

The SuperFi4 is an odd design in that it has very tubby housings with a short nozzle and the stock tips have short stems. I couldn't get very comfortable with them either. If you're willing to spend $100, I don't think the M1 would be my top choice for comfort but I really don't have any issues with it. It's got a slight taper at the front and longish nozzles. I've never had an issue with those particular shells, and I've owned at least a half-dozen earphones with identical design.

Sets I would consider for comfort in the <$100 range aside from the PL50 and M1 are things like the Meelec A151, SuperFi5, Sunrise Xcape rev.1, Thinksound TS02, and so on - basically skinnier shells that are capable of a deeper seal than the SF4.

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #29 of 48
Thanks ljokerl for the suggestions, I really appreciate it.   I am glad to hear that it wasn't only me that found the fit of the Super4 not comfortable.

I will do somemore investigation but I like the look of the Thinksound TS02.

Thanks again.

Take care

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #30 of 48
Big THANKS to Joker!!!

I ended up going with the A151.  I just got them today and am trying them out.  I really enjoy the clarity of the sound.  I am finding them much more comfortable than my superfi 4.  I am using the double flange tips.  I don't have any problems with getting them in the right ear but for some reason the left ear always gives me some problems.  I just need to get use to putting them in I guess.  I know that the sound is the most important thing but I really like the cable....light and doesn't tangle and seems well connected.

Thanks again Joker for the recommendations.  I really appreciate it.  I studied your IEM post extensively and hope that you get a lot of praise from people here for your insights into the headphone relm.

Take care...Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back