[Review] Brainwavz Beta (V2), Sound Quality Comes First
Sep 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #31 of 95
Received my pair today and I have to admit my impressions kinda mirror yours down to the T. I had a hard time getting them out of the box and looking at the cables I frowned. However on first listening I became awed by their sound and I kinda stopped what I was doing. I faintly remembered seeing their price at $30 and so I decided to double check if they were not actually $50 or $60 as I could easily pick out fine detailing which I have not heard with any earphone retailing at a $30 price point.

They have their flaws of course. The highs are slightly strident and while not overtly bothersome in some tracks it can ruin the overall experience. However for $30 I simply can't complain :)

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #32 of 95
How do these differ from the M2s? I just ordered the M2s, but this review is making me think twice.

i just got mine and listening as we speak. These are no M2 killers but for the price i got it at ($13.75) i have no complaints! :D It's comparable to the PL30, i can't tell which is better atm as i lost my pl30 but its got a similar kinda sound quality.. (a little better i would guess) There is bass but lacking compared to the M2 which has alot of punch.

I just switched up and plugged in the M2's and immediately the M2's bass and sound stage felt like a million dollar upgrade... no contest! i even had my M2's end up in the dryer and it survived without a scratch physically and sounding.

As for the beta, if i had gotten this for $30 i would say that these are pretty impressive for the price not bad at all but the build quality is a little lacking as i feel as these can rip easily. The initial reviewer is spot on with the review but if you're a bass monster like me i would get the cx300 if you could find it for around the same price assuming that its not fake.

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #34 of 95

Quote:
Got mine today as well, a bit sibbiliant on first listen, I will give them some burn in over the next week or so, I put monster foams on them and that is a great fit. The sound is very balanced. Great even for the full price.

I immediately noticed the same thing with the stock tips. have you given the included comply's a go yet? I find they help tame the bite

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #36 of 95

Quote:
I haven't tried the comply's yet, I might do that tonight if I don't leave them at work to do some burning in, I have a pair of dunu's that require some attention as well at home. Oh and then theirs the kids. So much to do and so little time.

That's what I love about IEMs awesome for while driving!

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #37 of 95
I ordered from MP4Nation on Sep 18 and got it today in the mail.
I am not a bass head but do find the bass really lacking and highs a bit harsh right out of the box, even with the comply tips. Hope burning it in helps.

Sep 30, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #38 of 95
Great review, i have passed on your comments on the packaging to our project manager, we have already been looking to change how the earphone are held inside and making it easier to remove. The Comply tips included are S-series and the graphics are correct.

I hope all of you that have these continue to enjoy them :)

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #40 of 95

Quote:
I ordered from MP4Nation on Sep 18 and got it today in the mail.
I am not a bass head but do find the bass really lacking and highs a bit harsh right out of the box, even with the comply tips. Hope burning it in helps.

Interesting. I find the bass to be more than adequate. Are you getting a good seal? Are the tips on correctly?

Quote:
Great review, i have passed on your comments on the packaging to our project manager, we have already been looking to change how the earphone are held inside and making it easier to remove. The Comply tips included are S-series and the graphics are correct.
I hope all of you that have these continue to enjoy them
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the reply and clear up of the misunderstanding on my part!

Quote:
If these had the M1 cable - They would be almost faultless for the price
biggrin.gif

I agree!

Sep 30, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #41 of 95
Just got them. I must say, they sound surprising great for 30 dollar IEMs, even better for the 13 bucks I paid for them.

The clarity really is something to behold. They aren't very detailed though.

Oct 3, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #43 of 95
anybody wearing it over the ear? coz i cant seem to get them wearing over the ear, anyway, i dun mind wearing it down the ear but im kindda 'over the ear' guy, so any help? pictures or anything.

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #44 of 95
After a long wait I finally received my pairs. Havent properly burn in these iems yet, but I'm already liking the sound. What comes to comfort I really like those foam pads. They are way comfier than other pads.

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #45 of 95

Quote:
anybody wearing it over the ear? coz i cant seem to get them wearing over the ear, anyway, i dun mind wearing it down the ear but im kindda 'over the ear' guy, so any help? pictures or anything.

Ask and you shall receive, I hope this is good enough, I tried a lot to get a good picture!

I prefer them worn down though, better comfort.

Quote:
After a long wait I finally received my pairs. Havent properly burn in these iems yet, but I'm already liking the sound. What comes to comfort I really like those foam pads. They are way comfier than other pads.

I liked the foamies a lot more for comfort but I didn't like the rolled off highs. I'm going to try my Sony Hybrids with them though, which have proved to be more comfortable than usual silicon tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back