[Review] Brainwavz Beta (V2), Sound Quality Comes First
Sep 25, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #16 of 95

Quote:
I decided to order Betas after reading keanex's review. Couldn't decide at first which iems to buy but this review made my decision clear :)

So thanks for the review.

Thanks for reading!

Sep 25, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #19 of 95
These look a lot like the Teclast R8s you get from House of DAP. Have you heard those by any chance?

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #21 of 95
Great review.  I have a pair in the mail from the sale they had the other week.
cool.gif

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #24 of 95

Quote:
Awsome review. I recently received one from MP4N and was quite surprized how well they sounded right off the bat. I am in the same boat with you on it arguably being the best sounding budget IEM, although I couldnt still get past the metallic and peaky highs. can I assume that will change with burn-in?

i got the same prob too, burning it nw, thou luckily i still have my m1 around :)

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #25 of 95
I just wanted everyone to know that there is an awesome deal going on now if you are a bit patient. MP4nation is offering a FiiO E10/Brainwavz Beta bundle for $75+free shipping. That's a great deal if you're looking for a nice USB DAC/Amp and a nice cheap good sounding pair of IEMs.

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #26 of 95
I got my pair of Betas today in the mail.  Lost my UE SuperFi Pro 5's and needed something to hold me over while I research a new pair.  Initial thoughts, not bad for the price (27 shipped) but nowhere near as good as the UE's.  Build quality is suspect and not much bass but overall good.  Instruments really pop but vocals are not as strong.

Sep 27, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #27 of 95
I just opened the box for my pair that I got during the $15 dollar sale as some cheapie backups. I am actually pretty blown away by the sound. This is pretty tremendous for the price. The only issues I can point at are, slightly flimsy cables, ever so slightly sibiliant (not a big deal) and the included tips are pretty poor. But for 15 dollars, these really make me question why I spend so much more on other pairs heh.

What I'm most impressed by is the imaging and soundstage, as well as the tight overall sound. I bought these out of nostalgia because they reminded me of EX85's which were my first IEM, and while I don't really remember what the 85's sound like they seem to have the benefits of the larger driver.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #28 of 95

Quote:
I just opened the box for my pair that I got during the $15 dollar sale as some cheapie backups. I am actually pretty blown away by the sound. This is pretty tremendous for the price. The only issues I can point at are, slightly flimsy cables, ever so slightly sibiliant (not a big deal) and the included tips are pretty poor. But for 15 dollars, these really make me question why I spend so much more on other pairs heh.

What I'm most impressed by is the imaging and soundstage, as well as the tight overall sound. I bought these out of nostalgia because they reminded me of EX85's which were my first IEM, and while I don't really remember what the 85's sound like they seem to have the benefits of the larger driver.

I cant tell you how much of a relief it is to read other people post similar experiences to mine. The first time listening to them I thought my hearing was going bad; because they sounded, dare I say it, mindblowing! I find there are just a few refinements that separate these IEM's to the ones some would consider competetively priced at ~$200.

edit: by the way, I have gone almost a week without listening to them(left them at a friends house ~40 miles away) and I am suffering fom mild separation anxiety
frown.gif

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #29 of 95
I'm glad you're having very similar experiences as me. The sound is unmatched for the price in my opinion. The cables are definitely the biggest disappointment, but the sound makes up for it. I'm also very impressed with the imaging on these. Definitely a heck of a bargain here.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #30 of 95

Quote:

I cant tell you how much of a relief it is to read other people post similar experiences to mine. The first time listening to them I thought my hearing was going bad; because they sounded, dare I say it, mindblowing! I find there are just a few refinements that separate these IEM's to the ones some would consider competetively priced at ~$200.

edit: by the way, I have gone almost a week without listening to them(left them at a friends house ~40 miles away) and I am suffering fom mild separation anxiety
frown.gif

do let me noe if the sibilant thing is not there after its burn up :) mine still has it( without comply ofkos)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back