REVIEW: Blue Circle Audio “Hat Peed Thingee” solid state Headphone Amp
Feb 2, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #61 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by skysaxon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the review so much I bought a basic version of the HPT. Just got it. Sounds like it could use a little burn in. Opinions?

Awesome awesome. My HPT shipped out today (been waiting a bit after the holiday typical delays). I'm really excited...I've been thinking about this thing (pun intended) every day since DEC!

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #62 of 63
This has become my favourite piece of audio equipment. I thought I loved my McIntosh preamp headphone amp but the Peed is another ballgame. What bass!. What soundstage. What presence. Exciting as hell too with rock and roll.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #63 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by skysaxon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has become my favourite piece of audio equipment. I thought I loved my McIntosh preamp headphone amp but the Peed is another ballgame. What bass!. What soundstage. What presence. Exciting as hell too with rock and roll.

I have had my HPT + Biggie Pipe power supply for about a year and I am increasingly impressed with this amp. My Singlepower Extreme, which has been in the process of being rebuilt for the last six months by Bolder Cable, was certainly a terrific amp. But it was much more subject to RFI noise/grunge than the Blue Circle amp, which is absolutely quiet. The soundstage width is also better than I ever remember from the Singlepower.

I also found recently that an interconnect change yielded great benefits with the Blue Circle HPT. I am now using Gabriel Gold Revelation interconnects, which add frequency extension, especially at the low end, and a slightly euphonic tone to the mid-range. (The benefit is as large in my view as swapping out stock tubes for some expensive NOS tubes in a tube amp, but the IC's will last forever and NOS tubes don't.) Gabriel Gold interconnects are amazing (do a search on Audiogon, as one of the longest threads on Audiogon is about this brand of interconnects). They make the Hat Peed Thingee a "state of the art" component in my book. At this point, I don't miss my Singlepower at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back