[Review] BLOX M2C: Good Things Come In Small, Rather Bland Packages.
Nov 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SplashArtist

Head-Fier
(Notice to reader: Approximately 100 hours of burn in was given before the writing of this review)
 ​
 ​
BLOX M2C: Good Things Come In Small, Rather Bland Packages.
 ​
 ​
Now I'm not going to beat around the bush here, the M2C (Manufacture 2 Consumer) do sound good. Very, very good in fact. As with every headphone though they do have their strengths and weaknesses, keep reading to find out.

BUILD QUALITY:

Lets start off on a bad note (well nothing too bad). The Blox M2C retail at 40US not including shipping (Thats bad!?). Now that being a good thing for what kind of SQ these guys give you at their price point you know some sacrifices had to be made. Build quality for these little buds are not one of their strengths. The housing is made out of cheap plastic and the cable doesn't seem too impressive. Also, there's no strain reliefs. That being said, the build quality isn't terrible and I'm thinking these will last you a good while if you dont treat them like dirt. Rating: (2.75/5)

​
COMFORT & ISOLATION:

I find these buds to be incredibly comfortable, sometimes i'll actually forget they are even in there. The stock foams they come with aren't great but aren't too bad either so I have no complaints there. Isolation as with all earbuds isn't particularly good. If you look at it though then you can hear people if they have something important to say! Rating: (3/5)

​
ACCESSORIES & PACKAGING:

Ah that brings us to the title of this review. It came in a small and bland little cardboard box, nothing much more to be said there. You want accessories? Here's a pair of foams. Want more? Go buy another pair of earbuds. Rating: (1.5/5)

​
SOUND QUALITY:

At last, the most important part (well it should be). How do these babies sound exactly? Well for the money, AMAZING. I don't have too much experience with earbuds besides a few cheap ones and the Audio Technica ATH-CM700ti and as far as a competition in the sound with the ATH's there is none in my opinion. The CM700's sounded small tiny and unimpressive to my ears. The M2C over the hours I've used them have opened up and sound like lush full sized headphones. Also to note, these headphones are very easily driven and an amp is not required or even really beneficial to these cans.

The Blox M2C is a very transparent headphone. If your source sounds like **** the buds will too. Mids and highs are the M2C's game in my opinion. While they don't reproduce bass badly, the mids and highs are a lot more pronounced (although they dont bleed into the bass). The soundstage is another area worth mentioning. Soooo wide I tell ya, these headphones have one of the widest soundstages I have ever heard in a headphone.

So what types of music do they do well then? Well if your source is good they don't really do anything too bad. BASS heads beware though, these headphones aren't for you. They don't do hip hop incredibly well or other bass heavy music with lots of sub-bass. Dallas Greens (City and Color) new album sounds absolutely phenomenal on these headphones. Dallas Greens vocals really shine through and the positioning of everything is spot on. Listening to Pantera while I was drumming with these headphones was also really great. Every hit of a drum I did felt as if I was the actual drummer as the instrument positioning was spot on.

Really, you have to listen to these phones at their price to really understand that 40 dollars can actually go a long way in the audio industry and I absolutely love the sound these phones produce. Rating: (5/5)

All that being said, how do I feel about the overall value of these buds'? Well lets just say you can't judge a book by its cover (or package). Overall Rating: (4.5/5)

(I was not paid or anything to write this review, I purchased these headphones with my own money)

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 3
Nice review. My girlfriend was looking for some non silicon tiped in-ears. We got some skullcandy fix's for free because people who I recable for just give me their broken headphones. I did not like the quality but for free... who can complain? 

When hers break I'll see if I can get a hold of these.

If you don't like the build quality, I can always recable. :wink:

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 3
Yea I reccomend them for sure, if I need a recable I'll let you know :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back