[Review] a-JAYS Two
Jul 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MSV_A

New Head-Fier
I got the new a-Jays Two and going to share my impressions on them with you.

Package:
Well not much to say here except it is world class! Good looking and well built.

Accessories:
Very good line up with accessories.

The a-Jays Two version comes with this line up:
    1. Five various sized sleeves (XXS-XS-S-M–L)
    2. Stereo Splitter
    3. Flight adapter
    4. User manual

Build Quality:
The earphones feel really well built. Mine had just a minor fitting issue, one of the plate at the back of the earphone wasn’t perfectly straight. However I got a pre production example and some minor
changes is going to be made for the final release. The cable feels very durable and so does the 3.5mm plug. I have not yet decided if I like or dislike the flat cable.. it is really good looking but much more visible and not that discrete as a normal cable. One thing that is much better with this cable compared to a normal is that its tangle free!
The a-Jays Two has a good feature on the back of the earphone, the right one is equipped with a small knob on the back. Great when you are in a dark place or just don't want to open your eyes to put the earphone in.

Earphones:
Color              Deep High Gloss Black
Isolation         JAYS Sound Isolating Sleeves
Size               (L)18.3 x (W)11.8 x (H)13.8 mm
Weight           14 grams (0.49 oz)

Cord:
Type               TPE coated flat tangle free cable
Length            115 cm (45 in)
Size                Width 5mm / Thickness 1.2mm
Plug                Straight, Gold-Plated Stereo Plug 3.5mm (1/8 in)

Fit and Comfort:
It is easy to get a good fit. And there is a good lineup of sleeves. The comfort is also good but I had some problems after a couple of hours of use, I got some irritation on my ear from the wide cable just about where it starts from the earplug.  

Isolation & Microponics:
The isolation is not the best but ok. There are some microponics but not that much so I would care.

Sound Quality:
Driver
Type                               8.6 mm Custom Speaker
Sensitivity                       96dB @ 1kHz
Impedance                      16 Ohm @ 1kHz
Frequency Response       20 Hz – 20 000 Hz

The sound are pretty much as they are described from Jays. "Bass-Driven Detailed Sound" The sound is a bit dark over the whole soundstage. The mids are suffering and are a bit to anonymous because of that.
Hights are ok but also to dark for my taste. Details are ok.
Compared to VSONIC r02 II the a-Jays two don’t reach the sound quality. VSONIC r02 are a bit better on all stages, its also a bit more pricey. Compared to the MEElectronics M9 the a-Jays are better in any position, to my ears.

Summary:
The a-JAYS Two is a good set of earphones for daily casual use. The design and build quality are top notch, sound is good if you like bass driven music.

My scores:
Package: 10/10
Accessories: 9/10
Build Quality: 9/10
Fit and Comfort: 7.5/10
Isolation & Microponics: 8/10
Sound Quality: 6/10

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back