REVIEW - 93spec silver custom IEM cable by Stage93
Apr 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:
I've been looking for a new cable for my 8.A's and I think this is going to be it. There were a list of things I want to improve on them but only by the slightest degree, things like bringing the vocals a bit more forward and fleshing out those highs a tad. Sounds like this cable is the perfect solution to both my ergonomic issues with the Magnus and what small sound issues I have with the 8.A. Do you find you use it as your primary cable with it or do you use something else?

Oh, other question: I bought a stock clear cable, think it was a Westone, and it's started to green a little in certain spots. I'm told this is consistent with clear cables. Did this happen to your 93SPEC? This wouldn't be a deal-breaker, or necessarily even a negative, I'm just curious.

What's your ergonomic issue with the Magnus cable again? I should know but I seem to have forgotten. Was it the memory cable section? 

Yes, this cable is constantly used with the 8.A in my home rig (I don't really like taking them on the go - too nervous about losing them). 

So far no issues with turning green. I'm very familiar with the stock cables and their color change tendencies - I got the JH13 FreqPhase a few months back and the cable is already pretty green on one side. Didn't take long at all. But the 93Spec is still showing no signs of it. Does that mean it will never happen? I couldn't say for sure.... but it definitely resists it better than the stock cables do. 

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:
My issue was the memory section and how far the pins stick out on the updated Magnus. It sticks out a solid centimeter and a half, or there abouts.

I see. Clipping the pins could be an option, but you'd have to be careful of course. I find that my different CIEMs sometimes have different fits with each cable - the 93spec will completely fit into one socket but not the next socket on a different CIEM. 

The 93East cables, like Toxic Cables and some other brands too, doesn't use any sort of memory wire. It's a little awkward at first but once you use them for a while it sort of forms to your ear shape. It's rather comfy, though maybe not ideal for really active use. But I doubt most people go jogging with an expensive CIEM and aftermarket cable.

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #20 of 27
I see. Clipping the pins could be an option, but you'd have to be careful of course. I find that my different CIEMs sometimes have different fits with each cable - the 93spec will completely fit into one socket but not the next socket on a different CIEM. 

The 93East cables, like Toxic Cables and some other brands too, doesn't use any sort of memory wire. It's a little awkward at first but once you use them for a while it sort of forms to your ear shape. It's rather comfy, though maybe not ideal for really active use. But I doubt most people go jogging with an expensive CIEM and aftermarket cable.

There go my plans for running the Iron Man with my 8.A's (if you knew me you'd understand just how ludicrous that idea truly is).

Thanks for the information, I think I'm going to give the 93SPEC a try. I followed up with the company with a few other general questions and they were quite quick to respond, which speaks well of them, I'd say.

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:
There go my plans for running the Iron Man with my 8.A's (if you knew me you'd understand just how ludicrous that idea truly is).

Thanks for the information, I think I'm going to give the 93SPEC a try. I followed up with the company with a few other general questions and they were quite quick to respond, which speaks well of them, I'd say.

Sounds good. Let us know your thoughts once you receive it.

May 10, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #22 of 27
Great review (and piece of writing in general), I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Stage 93 is one of the custom companies I'm very interested in, seeing as how they're a local brand and all..

May 10, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #23 of 27
Great review (and piece of writing in general), I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Stage 93 is one of the custom companies I'm very interested in, seeing as how they're a local brand and all..

Thanks! I'm probably going to try one of their actual custom IEMs one of these days. Probably the Stage6 - why not start at the top?

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #25 of 27
The 93SPEC went really well with my Heir Audio 8.A's. however, the cable has stopped working. I hardly beat my gear so 1.5 months doesn't speak we'll for the cable. Maybe I just got unlucky... They have said they'll fix it but the shipping is going to be pricey.

Does anyone know someone in California who could repair a cable?

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:
The 93SPEC went really well with my Heir Audio 8.A's. however, the cable has stopped working. I hardly beat my gear so 1.5 months doesn't speak we'll for the cable. Maybe I just got unlucky... They have said they'll fix it but the shipping is going to be pricey.

Does anyone know someone in California who could repair a cable?

Wow, that is a complete bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back