Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 26, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #436 of 681
These are still $79@ Costco and 1more is accepting preorder for their quads.

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #440 of 681
Our brain remembers sound precisely. A single word 'hello', you'll know who is speaking.

Before/After burn in I am not sure how much difference it could be but I am quite sure our brain knows the difference.

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #441 of 681
Our brain remembers sound precisely. A single word 'hello', you'll know who is speaking.

Before/After burn in I am not sure how much difference it could be but I am quite sure our brain knows the difference.

I think this is sort of an apples-versus-oranges thing: Any pair of earphones is going to let you distinguish between a saxophone and a trumpet, or even a saxophone and a clarinet. And probably even a pretty crappy set of 'phones will let you distinguish between an alto sax and a tenor sax playing the same notes (assuming you're familiar with the instruments, of course). This is the rough equivalent of telling two different people's voices apart. However, the amount of difference that burn-in is expected to produce is comparatively small, and isn't hooked into our rather well-developed "identify this entity" neural circuitry.

Feb 27, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #442 of 681

I think this is sort of an apples-versus-oranges thing: Any pair of earphones is going to let you distinguish between a saxophone and a trumpet, or even a saxophone and a clarinet. And probably even a pretty crappy set of 'phones will let you distinguish between an alto sax and a tenor sax playing the same notes (assuming you're familiar with the instruments, of course). This is the rough equivalent of telling two different people's voices apart. However, the amount of difference that burn-in is expected to produce is comparatively small, and isn't hooked into our rather well-developed "identify this entity" neural circuitry.

Is there any scientific explanation for headphone burn in process? Is there any serious test that compares burned headphone and its "non-burned" pair? I am not talking about testing a few pair of headphones I think we need a test that will be done with 100+ different headphones. One pair is burned and the other is not. And ask people -who don't know which is burned which is not- to tell which was better, ask them to tell which sounds better (by using their choice of tracks, tracks that they are familiar with).  

I am not sure if such a thing exists but I am also burning in my headphones, to reach a "probable" top quality from my headphone lol :)  

Edit: And I offer another solution besides human ear test, I am sure that can be done.

One sound engineer can take headphones out of box, attach them to a DAP, play the music and then record the sound coming from right and left channels with very sensitive microphones (that microphone can be in an noise isolated tube). Then we can put these sounds on the spectrum. 

Later, we can burn in headphones. And apply same process after burning in. Then compare spectrums to see if there is a noticable difference appearing most of headphones or not.

Is that a difficult thing to do? 

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #443 of 681
People have done extensive burn in tests. I wouldn't start going down that rabbit hole, it's an endless discussion with nobody agreeing. Burn in on large speakers, is absolutely true because of the nature of the diaphragms having to break in, tiny iems, I kind of doubt it, BUT, in the end, who cares. If you think it sounds better, awesome. All I know, is if it sounds good to YOU, don't start questioning minute things like burn in, and make your brain ask itself if it even sounds good to you anymore. This is a hobby, nobody is ever, ever, going to agree completly on burn in. Have fun, enjoy the music, and keep throwing your money into this hobby until you find your own perfect setup. I'm still hunting!!!

Feb 27, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #444 of 681
People have done extensive burn in tests. I wouldn't start going down that rabbit hole, it's an endless discussion with nobody agreeing. Burn in on large speakers, is absolutely true because of the nature of the diaphragms having to break in, tiny iems, I kind of doubt it, BUT, in the end, who cares. If you think it sounds better, awesome. All I know, is if it sounds good to YOU, don't start questioning minute things like burn in, and make your brain ask itself if it even sounds good to you anymore. This is a hobby, nobody is ever, ever, going to agree completly on burn in. Have fun, enjoy the music, and keep throwing your money into this hobby until you find your own perfect setup. I'm still hunting!!!

Still we even have folks reporting to be able to frequency-response-graph a slight change after burn-in. I think it does start to get critical when people post the fact that they didn't like an IEM until after burn-in, the fact that they would have not even used the IEM, but after burn-in love it?

I have discovered after years and years that for me it's pretty much all mental burn-in on IEMs. An easy way to test it would have someone buy two new pairs of Triple Drivers, burn one pair in then give the burned-in pair to a friend with the brand new pair. The friend could look for a slight imperfection as a way to differentiate between the two pair. Then you simply have the two pair put on a table and try to choose which sounds better. Surprisingly many will not be able to choose the pair with 150 hours on em.:rolleyes:

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #446 of 681
^
Please post some impressions once you get a hold on them, much appreciated.

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #448 of 681
Mine arrived today. I ordered them from Amazon Germany at lunchtime on Saturday. They were delivered to a courier company in the UK yesterday evening and I had them in my hand (in Ireland) at 8am this morning. Unbelievable.

As for the headphones themselves. I'm absolutely staggered by them. I've only had them on for about 30 minutes, but am amazed by them.

I've tried them directly with my Xduoo X3, which was my main reason for buying them and also with my laptop as I type this, playing FLAC files via a Fiio E10 (original version). 

I've not done any detailed comparisons with my 'normal' daily use headphones BD 880 600 ohms with a DIY starving student hybrid valve amp as I'm just enjoying listening to them too much to bother, but they seem more detailed with a better soundstage.

My only problem is that I have 4772 songs on my hard drive and so far I've only listened to about a dozen.

It's going to be a late one  
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #449 of 681
  Mine arrived today. I ordered them from Amazon Germany at lunchtime on Saturday. They were delivered to a courier company in the UK yesterday evening and I had them in my hand (in Ireland) at 8am this morning. Unbelievable.

As for the headphones themselves. I'm absolutely staggered by them. I've only had them on for about 30 minutes, but am amazed by them.

I've tried them directly with my Xduoo X3, which was my main reason for buying them and also with my laptop as I type this, playing FLAC files via a Fiio E10 (original version). 

I've not done any detailed comparisons with my 'normal' daily use headphones BD 880 600 ohms with a DIY starving student hybrid valve amp as I'm just enjoying listening to them too much to bother, but they seem more detailed with a better soundstage.

My only problem is that I have 4772 songs on my hard drive and so far I've only listened to about a dozen.

It's going to be a late one  
biggrin.gif

This is basically exactly how I felt after receiving them.
Now I alternate them out with my RP-HD10's depending on how much isolation I need.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #450 of 681
I've had my pair for about a month now and I do enjoy them quite a bit. My impressions are as follows:

I much prefer using with complys. Not only are they a lot more comfortable than stock, but the bass is much tighter with less intrusion into the mids. With foam tips sound isolation is good but not deep insertion good. The stock silicone olives are ok, but you'll miss the detail and resolution these phones can deliver which is considerable.

The sound signature is warm and punchy. There's a distinctive dynamic driver character which makes for a great reproduction of live music.the BA drivers deliver up a lot of detail at the top. There's a percieved peak at 4100 hz and 10 khz with a pretty good valley around 7.5 khz. It sounds pretty flat bellow that down to 60 hz.

The clarity and resolution are excellent though not as good as my other pair of iems (RHA T20). The T20s also deliver tighter bass with better low frequwncy extension. However, unlike the T20s, the triple drivers excel at high volume and avoid the harshness that the T20s can find. The Triple Drivers are also more punchy.

Microphonics are significant. If you move a lot it can quickly become annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back