Revenge of the buds... New Crossroads earbuds.
May 18, 2008 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tristram

100+ Head-Fier
I just noticed this thread from Jaben's forum to share with y'all.
wink.gif

The Revenge of the Buds...

I believe these 2 HR-1 and HR-2 (as mentioned from a separate thread under the headphones and IEMsfrom the forum) are the end products of the prototype earbuds I tried during my last visit to Jaben when I got to demo a Pico amp and the prototype Go-Vibe Magnum amp (the one with the horizontal swivel bass control wheel).

I wonder if they are a separate product from the Mylarone series? But I did read and saw a different mylarone 4 either in head-fi or the Jaben forums... one with detachable cables., can't remember if it was from can-jam pics? I must be getting old.. Lol.
tongue.gif

I will want to go check it out tomorrow if I can, as those prototypes then already sounded great to me when I last tried it and would not hesitate to grab a pair if it is affordable to me.

The only thing I can't really understand is that the 150ohms piece I tried then can be driven direct from the headphone out of my Zen Vision M no problems? and when amped with Pico, my Go-Vibe Petite( +DAC) and even the Magnum prototype it is better than the other 16ohms piece IMO. Of course they are other guys who preferred the 16 ohms one instead. I really like the cables and the right angle plug and I hope it is still done that way.

Will update if I do get more on it. Well, any buddy is sure welcomed to put in their input here too!

Cheers.
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #2 of 6
If it's just Mylar's with I dunno, one key thing that's missing from it such as stronger more resilient cable, I would be interested.
All depends on price though of course.

May 19, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mmm.interesting..the design of them looks very similar to the Yuin's..mmmm...

yeah I believe they're meant to compete directly against them.

May 19, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mmm.interesting..the design of them looks very similar to the Yuin's..mmmm...

After I tried the 2 prototype buds the last time, I got to try on the Yuin PK 1 too for comparison (Jaben sells the 3 Yuins too). I much prefer the new buds for the sound as I felt more "bite" out of the music. The build's more solid than my Mylars X3 and X3i (still intact, touch wood).
tongue.gif

Only thing about all the earbuds I had so far is the tendency to drop out from my ears as they do not hang on as well as in-ears or canal phones.
frown.gif

Too bad that I was busy today. Thus I can only hope to try them on one of the evenings after work. Sure hope I'll like the retail versions and that the price is good for me.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back