Revelation Audio Labs (RAL) Banned From Audiogon
Jan 6, 2008 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

xenithon

Headphoneus Supremus
Just a quick heads up in case you guys hadn't heard...

Due to numerous customer complaints, Brad Vojtech and Revelation Audio Labs have been banned from Audiogon.

I believe they are still in business though. I have not dealt with them so I'm trying to be objective about it - if you are thinking about buying something from them, I'd simply suggest erring on the side of caution.

Cheers,
X

Jan 6, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 24
I highly doubt that there is a connection based upon the appearance and the price of the cables on av123. RAL cables are much more expensive.

Jan 6, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 24
I am not certain, but as PFK mentioned - I doubt it. I also think there is no connection as the names of the products themselves are different, and on AV123 they are called "Revelation Audio" which seems to be the name for their in-house cables; whereas RAL is specifically Revelation Audio Labs.

Jan 6, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 24
I am not sure as I haven't been keeping an eye on it, but I often came across some threads at Audiogon and Audio Asylum about lack of communication, lack of shipping until a PayPal/CC dispute is filed, etc. I believe to be banned from the 'gon though there must have been many complaints sent to those running the site itself (as opposed to complaints posted in an open forum).

Jan 6, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #7 of 24
Wow, I wonder what has happened. I had no problems getting my HD650 cable from them.

Jan 6, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 24
Personally, I think it's a case of the too-popular-to-support-demand scenario, one we've seen before unfortunately.

Brad is a truly great guy, but he has had some trouble filling demand for his products. when I ordered a headphone cable from him, it took a while, and I had to complain a couple times - one being a threat of Paypal dispute.

But he came through, with what I believe were sincere apologies. And the product speaks for itself; I've done an AKG cable comparison including stock, Zu, Sweetcome, and RAL. RAL was my favorite by a good amount.

I also bought RAL Senn cables used, same great experience.

Anyway, I'm speculating, but it's based on personal experience and the readings of others in the same boat. I hope all can get straightened out....

Jan 6, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 24
While that's probably the case, it doesn't seem to be something that has just recently occurred, but rather a situation that has exacerbated over time (starting at a point in time that I'm sure he realized he was in over his head). What should have happened IMO, is that he should have put up some generic lead time, akin to what Stefan Audio Arts or Headphile does for their products.

Jan 6, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 24
One thing I will add that has put this company in an unfavorable light for me, is that I emailed Brad looking for a quote on one of his PL2500 cables and instead of a response I got a paypal invoice- and although I ignored it, it gets resent every couple weeks??? From what I understand this is how he sends quotes and I guess it is just a matter of going into my paypal account and clearing it or voiding it out or whatever but that was enough for me and RAL.

Jan 6, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I will add that has put this company in an unfavorable light for me, is that I emailed Brad looking for a quote on one of his PL2500 cables and instead of a response I got a paypal invoice- and although I ignored it, it gets resent every couple weeks??? From what I understand this is how he sends quotes and I guess it is just a matter of going into my paypal account and clearing it or voiding it out or whatever but that was enough for me and RAL.

Well that's just great! I was going to get an RAL cable for my PL750 after they were burned-in, but I guess I won't now!
frown.gif
Thanks for the heads-up and this thread!

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #13 of 24
chances are, the "ban" is in their interest as well

if they have had some issues with getting products out to people and such, it wouldn't be satisfactory to have a pile of unsatisfied customers harassing the guys all day during the event

Jan 6, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #14 of 24
i heard/read various posts about people waiting many, many months to even a year or over for cables which were promised to them in much shorter time periods and with little to no communication during the waiting period. that is probably part of it.

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #15 of 24
This is a bad news for me...
frown.gif

I was keen... and just about to save up my money to recable my K701.
RAL was in my top choice... am I crazy if I just ignore this warning, and still proceed the order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back