Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) ... are they crooks?
Aug 12, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #107 of 159
I think everyone misunderstood my post... I don't think a church treasurer is any less/more likely to be a scammer than anyone else. I've known a lot of so called "Christians" who are horrible people, and I've known a lot of genuine Christians who are great people. Most fall somewhere in between.

My point was that the two things mentioned (church membership and being able to design a cable) had nothing to do with each other.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #108 of 159
i too ordered from RAL a senn 650 cable.... and i received it..... after some fraught emails and threats to open dispute with paypal..

Also received the usps notification of intention to ship etc. All part of his game plan obviously either to placate me or more cynically to lull me into complacency and hopefully (for him) miss the dispute deadlines. I kept plugging away regardless....
l
What people who order from need to do is NOT take their eye off the ball ie the calender and make sure they send warning emails to Brad with intention to start paypal claims. Even after you get the "intention to ship" email, just keep plugging away. It seems to work......

Sad and lousy way to do business, but the cable is really rather good.....

Aug 31, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #110 of 159
I order a rj45 for my North Star combo in November and until now I didn´t receive anything
confused_face.gif
.I´m in Portugal and the only thing I can do is a complaint and tel other people that guy is a fraud.Best regards to everybody.If somebody knows what can I doplease say something

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #112 of 159
Why would you support this guy by buying his cable?

Oct 1, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #113 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you support this guy by buying his cable?

I don't think buying used is supporting him.

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #114 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think buying used is supporting him.

I feel sorry about for what was happened but I just wanna know this cable is really doing good job in sound, not offending to anybody else.

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #115 of 159
Buying used is still helping BV indirectly by keeping used market value, but why punish the people who are already owners of RAL cables? dannie01 may want to try Moon Audio's Silver Dragon instead.

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #116 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by tubaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buying used is still helping BV indirectly by keeping used market value, but why punish the people who are already owners of RAL cables? dannie01 may want to try Moon Audio's Silver Dragon instead.

I'm a big fan of Moon Audio; they've recabled two of my headphones and done a great job with both of them.

However, I still don't see how buying a used RAL benefits RAL in any way. Used market value has absolutely no effect on the thieves at RAL; whether a used cable sells for $1 or $1,000, none of that money is going to RAL.

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #118 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a big fan of Moon Audio; they've recabled two of my headphones and done a great job with both of them.

However, I still don't see how buying a used RAL benefits RAL in any way. Used market value has absolutely no effect on the thieves at RAL; whether a used cable sells for $1 or $1,000, none of that money is going to RAL.

That people are buying a company's product (used or new) instills potential buyers' confidence, which benefits the company indirectly.

BTW nice cable collection earwicker7; I'm aroused.

Oct 3, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #119 of 159
He doesn't get the money, but by buying his product you are giving him credibility as a merchant, while so many others are left in the dust with their cash gone.

I

Oct 3, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #120 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He doesn't get the money, but by buying his product you are giving him credibility as a merchant, while so many others are left in the dust with their cash gone.

I

It sounds like you are saying those who already bought (and received) RAL cables deserve to crash and burn with BV. It's like choosing the wrong stock, tough luck, etc.
However... you do realize that by doing this, when you finally get yours in hand it will have no resale value because people won't buy (used or new) RAL?
Seriously, I think whatever "benefit" that derives from ppl buying used RAL cables is greatly offset by RAL's tarnished reputation and that there are plenty other cable manufacturers/dealers to deal with. Finally, I don't think whatever effect that can be achieved by boycotting used RAL cables outweighs the interest of ppl who already are/will be owers of RAL cables. Just my opinion..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back