Returned Super.fi 5 Pro..need help on new pair
Jul 5, 2008 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mfdale

New Head-Fier
I just returned a pair of Super.fi 5 Pro IEM due to the fit. They sounded great when I could get a good seal with the foam plugs, however I found them very uncomfortable and irritated my ear after about 15 - 20 minutes. They also felt like they would fall out if I did any significant movement even with the memory wire tucked tightly behind my ear. I tried all the plugs that came with them as well, nothing seemed to work. When it did seal I found the sound the be awesome, the bass good, mids and highs fine. I am not disappointed with the sound, only with the fit.

My other set of IEMs are the Future Sonics EM3's which I have had for a few years. I find these very comfortable and great sounding. I have relegated these to use to cut the grass, work around the house etc. I listen to all types of music such as Dave Mathews, Coldplay, Thirteen Senses, David Gray, alternative, rock, and acoustic, etc. Not much jazz or classical.

I need to reorder a new pair to replace the ones I just returned. My main criteria are the following:

-comfort and fit for working out when on the road, airplanes etc while not comprimising sound
-sound - good bass(does not have to be as powerful as my EM3, good mids, and highs that are crisp, but doesnot cause fatigue.
-My buget is no more than $250.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks for your help.

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 8
you can get the westone um2 (dual drivers, same as the super.fi 5 pro) for $250 on ebay new. everywhere else it's $300 new. they're supposed to have a very good fit. just ordered me a pair of um1's, based on reviews of fit and sound. my budget unfortunately doesn't stretch far enough for the um2's yet. good luck on your search!

Jul 7, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone UM2. They replaced my SF5Ps, and fit your requirements.

I´ve read so many bad things about sound quality for that price that I wouldnt reccommend UM2. It seems they are extremely comfortable but so are the se530. At this point after doing some research I seriously think the best options @ $250 are livewires or superFreQs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back