Returned MS-1's, now back at square one again!
Nov 30, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say the RP-21's would be good. Pretty well balanced IMO. Strong bass, but still has good mids/better highs.

Is there anything under 150 that would have more bass than the RP-21s? Also, does anyone know if the RP-22x is just the RP-21 w/ more bass? If so, seems like that might be alright too?

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #20 of 25
cant say on the AD700 but on my A700s (the AD are open the A is closed) the bass can get quite loud. they shake on my head. and they are not as bright as the MS-1s i owned them previously before the audio technicas. the AT A700s are some of the most comfy headphones on the market. only down side is they are HUGE. like Billy Fuccillo HUGE. (for those who dont live near a Fuccillo car dealer consider yourself lucky) deffinately fed my bass craving after owning the MS-1s

PS i would assume the bass is lighter on the ADs as they are open and historically closed headphones have more bass

Nov 30, 2007 at 8:50 AM Post #21 of 25
just a little nag... you really should use headphones to listen to music without having to turn it up too much!

Listening loud might seem fun now... but what in a couple of years? If you like a monotonous hum or beep 100% of the time or you really don't value 'hearing' that much, I'd say "go right ahead"
wink.gif
Otherwise I would recommend turning it down a little bit... good headphones let you hear everything without turning it up. I personally never listen above 80db and I can hear every bass-tone (even with my non-bassy MS2i)

feeling the bass in your ears doesn't sound like a wise thing to look for if you want to keep enjoying music for a couple of years to come... but I'm 'preaching' to a car-audio fan... so I'll stop here
tongue.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #22 of 25
A-700 would be another poor choice for rap unless you're planning on EQing them. My 0.02.

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:59 AM Post #23 of 25
I have read your other threads and its obvious to me that you are a basshead.

Forget AD700 and A700. You really need some DT770 or K81DJ.

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #24 of 25
Well I found a local store that happened to be an Equation Audio dealer, so I went there to check out the RP-21. I can honestly say that while they sounded very nice, the bass was just lacking in these, barely anymore than the MS-1's IMO. However, I noticed they had a more expensive model called the "XB-1" which looks like an older model of the RP-22x. I tried them and HOLY ****, this is what I was looking for. It is like having subwoofers attached to my head, I can feel the air pressure slamming against my ears, and the bass sounds very nice and clean. Plus the highs are nice and smooth. These things rule! These are defiantely good headphones for bassheads.

Nov 30, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #25 of 25
Brand new DT770s can be had on eBay for ~$150. It's where I got mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back