Return home to a problem
Jun 24, 2007 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sebastian589

500+ Head-Fier
So I went on vacation and upon returning home I plug my newly purchased RS-2's into my setup, turn my cd player on and listen, and what do i hear? Silence, painful disconcerting silence. Turns out my Channel Islands DAC wont power on, the power supply has been plugged in and all my sources are properly connected to the DAC, it worked when I left and I unplugged it, now I've plugged it in and nothing happens, anything I can do until hearing back from Channel Islands?

Jun 24, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 9
First off, if you haven't done so already; you may want to check the fuse/breaker, of the outlet you had your DAC plugged into to see if it might have been blown or tripped while you were gone. Next, I'd look to see if the unit powers on using different outlets around the house. Finally, if your DAC has a screw-in-type fast-blow fuse on the rear (near your power cord), I'd look at replacing it with a new one, and see if that powers it back up. Other than that (and checking your power cord for breaks), I can't offer anymore suggestions. Good luck, and hope you get it back up and running
biggrin.gif
!

Jun 25, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by courierdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First off, if you haven't done so already; you may want to check the fuse/breaker, of the outlet you had your DAC plugged into to see if it might have been blown or tripped while you were gone. Next, I'd look to see if the unit powers on using different outlets around the house. Finally, if your DAC has a screw-in-type fast-blow fuse on the rear (near your power cord), I'd look at replacing it with a new one, and see if that powers it back up. Other than that (and checking your power cord for breaks), I can't offer anymore suggestions. Good luck, and hope you get it back up and running
biggrin.gif
!

I bolded the part that I would try FIRST. It may be a easier and you wouldn't have to find the right breaker, which may require some trial and error
wink.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #6 of 9
Its been a while, and the DAC had been working fine and then started having troubles again, turns out the dac isnt the problem it's the psu, i've tried other power supplies breifly and found they were able to power the dac on, but I am no expert on electricity and circuits so I haven't used the other power supplies longer than an instant to be sure the power supply is the problem.

The adapter that came with the dac is an ac/ac adapter that outputs 14v ac at 850 mA, while the Duracell power supply that got the unit to turn on apparently put out 16v of DC. again i know little about electricity so I am not sure what the best route is but I'm sure many of you smart, smart people can help me

Jul 10, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian589 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The adapter that came with the dac is an ac/ac adapter that outputs 14v ac at 850 mA, while the Duracell power supply that got the unit to turn on apparently put out 16v of DC.

Can you double check that it is AC/AC, and not AC/DC?

Jul 10, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 9
I seriously doubt that if the original supply is AC/AC, that a voltage-mismatched AC/DC adapter would even power the thing up. But then again, maybe I'm just wrong.

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #9 of 9
SysteX: So you've got doubts about your doubt?
wink.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back