reterminate a single ended Joseph Grado Signature Ultra-Wide Bandwidth Reference (JGSUWBR) Cable
Aug 31, 2008 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

alexdemaet

1000+ Head-Fier
Would it be possible to reterminate a single ended Joseph Grado Signature Ultra-Wide Bandwidth Reference (JGSUWBR) Cable to (balanced) XLR?
Recently I reterminated the BlackGold (HeadPhile) single ended to XLR.
I asked Drew from Moon Audio and he is pretty sure the Joseph Grado Signature Ultra-Wide Bandwidth Reference (JGSUWBR) Cable is balanced.

From Killercrush: "Yes it can be done but only with a 4-pin XLR I think, not sure about two 3-pin XLRs."

Sep 5, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 4
I have never heard a headphone as good as the Hp-2! I wonder
how it will sound when I reterminate the cable to balanced XLR!
The sound is so natural and the bass is so tight.
Some people find the Hp-2 uncomfortable. I found out that they are wrong!
The Hp-2 (to me) is equally comfortable as the GS1000.
I am very happy and I appreciate you chose me as the rightful owner of your Hp-2!
Maybe they mean that the Hp-2 is not as flexible as the Gs1000 to fit it on your head and
to put it away. The headband is quite hard and the Hp-2 weights more the the Gs1000.
To give you an example of really uncomfortable headphones: Ultrasone Ed. 9!

Sep 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexdemaet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would it be possible to reterminate a single ended Joseph Grado Signature Ultra-Wide Bandwidth Reference (JGSUWBR) Cable to (balanced) XLR?

My balanced RS-1 was reterminated with this cable by Grado Labs (for their original owner). Two lengths of the cable were used, one for each channel.

There are four conductors in the cable, so it should theoretically be possible to reterminate an existing single cable. However, I haven't seen it done that way.

Sep 7, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 4
Too bad I can't reterminate the cable myself to 2x 3-pin XLR balanced and I don't know anyone close to me who can reterminate it for me. This means I will have to pay 2x shipping charge of $45 USD. Total of retermination ($40), Furutech plugs ($132), and shipping ($90) will cost me +/- $262 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back