Resolved :) Headphones received after long wait
Jan 11, 2010 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

j.har1bo

Head-Fier
90% sure infact in my mind, I had a gut feeling as soon as the head-fi'er became unresponsive and ignoring pm's while online what his intentions were.

I'm usually pretty careful when it comes to buying/selling online but I guess I took a gamble or maybe more so put my trust In someone to have the decency of doing what Is right. It's since been over two weeks going on three and no sign of the headphones. Obviously going on two weeks I messaged the seller asking why things we're taking so long

I'm only £60 out of pocket but as you know being an audiophile can be a pretty expensive thing.

I won't let this deter me though from using the trade forums in the future. Most people on Head-Fi seem very helpful/insightful. The two prior purchases I had made via the trade forums were fine.

I'll let this be a lesson to myself
triportsad.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #5 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
worriesome i just made 2 purchases hope i get em

This is generally a rare occurrence. I wouldn't worry too much, just always check the person's feedback.

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by j.har1bo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh, the user is rancid. Shameful on my part he has never sold anything before on here, I just assumed he was genuine

If you made payment as a gift, you have no recourse thru paypal either. I hope it works out for you.

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #11 of 31
Sorry to hear.
Hopefully there is a reasonable explanation to the lack of response.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you ever name the scum bag?

"rancid"

Fitting name, I guess?

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #15 of 31
Both members involved with this transaction have been contacted and the lines of communication are back open. Let's allow rancid time to do the right thing and hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back