Resident Evil-Fi? Sure why not!
Mar 6, 2011 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Guys,

As some of you know I am a big fan of the early Resident Evil/BIOHAZARD games and own nearly all of them in the USA and JPN formats on various consoles. Here's a pic of about 75% of my collection:

So do any of you guys like the games as much as I do? I prefer 1-3 the best as well as RE/RE0 on the Gamecube and Wii.

Let the Resident Evil fan base be heard here and now!!

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 11
What's Eternal Darkness doing in there?
tongue.gif

Just wanted to stop in and comment awesome collection, perhaps second only to NeoGAF's cvxfreak. 

I'm not enough of Biohazard fan to say anything further, so I'll be on my way out. Well, other than this: more survival horror, less boulder punching.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 11
Yeah, I have a tone of the games. RE holds a special place in my heart because I grew up playing it at the age of 9. Also it's the first game that when the dogs jumped through the windows (fans will know where I am talking about and which game it is) it made me thrown down my controller and run away. I remember my dad playing and that happened to him. He dropped the controller out of shock then tried to evade the dogs.

AH GOD OLD NOSTALGIC MEMORIES....

I Like 4 & 5, but for gameplay only. As a RE game they are a let down. Every game past Code Veronica just warped the story even further. Now the story is in shambles and the details are messed up between the games.

Out of all the games, RE1 on the PSX is my fave. It had done it all just right in terms of the enemies and environment to the sense of dread. RE2 played like RE1 but was more of an Action-Adventure game with Survival Horror elements added in. RE3 was even more action oriented. Code Veronica to me was a lot more like the first game, but still much like the second.

Quote:
I haven't even owned that many games in my life let alone of a series

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 11
Yeah cvkfreak has a lot of stuff, so does Dot50Cal of THIA. Of the known RE collections out there I have seen, I would say my collection is out there as one of the biggest.

Eternal Darkness was there because it was another one of my Japanese pressings I owned. I put it there to fill some space :)

And yes, no more Superman Chris :wink:

Quote:
What's Eternal Darkness doing in there?
tongue.gif

Just wanted to stop in and comment awesome collection, perhaps second only to NeoGAF's cvxfreak. 

I'm not enough of Biohazard fan to say anything further, so I'll be on my way out. Well, other than this: more survival horror, less boulder punching.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 6, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 11
My first encounter with RE was when my older brother borrowed the first game and used it to give me nightmares and paranoid delusions. That was many years ago, and I've replayed most of the games of the series numerous times. Code Veronica was my favorite, 4 and 5 still being very enjoyable for "survival action" titles. As for horror, I prefer Silent Hill, Clock Tower 3, and Haunting Ground. The latter two I feel are greatly under appreciated. 

Mar 7, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
Hey Guys,

As some of you know I am a big fan of the early Resident Evil/BIOHAZARD games and own nearly all of them in the USA and JPN formats on various consoles. Here's a pic of about 75% of my collection:

So do any of you guys like the games as much as I do? I prefer 1-3 the best as well as RE/RE0 on the Gamecube and Wii.

Let the Resident Evil fan base be heard here and now!!

Sir, I only have one word for you... STAAARS...
biggrin.gif

EDIT: And no, the movies didn't make justice to the games, though while they started following the games storyline, now it's more a parallel thing, in the same universe that is.

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #9 of 11
I never liked the gameplay aspect of survival horror games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Parasite Eve, etc. but always enjoyed the storyline. When I was younger, it usually wound up with me watching my brother play through them and (I also enjoyed the Resident Evil books very much) and as I got older I still don't enjoy those types of games, but will watch a friend play through them occasionally and in the case of RE5, played a little bit of co-op.

Mar 7, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #11 of 11
NEMESIS was a great game for sure but It wasn't a favorite of mine. I believe it had a tad too much action and was more fast paced. I liked the more "take your time" pace of RE1.

I also liked both the Parasite Eve games a lot and I have both the USA and JPN pressings of both games (I can read Japanese :wink: . I liked the second game more than the first because it was less like an RPG (the only game genre I dislike). The first game was a lot like a Final Fantasy game to me and I hated the random encounters.

I love the Silent Hill games and have all of the except Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories. Those games were not "true" SH games to me.

I also have the rare BIO HAZARD Trial Edition for PS1. Those can be had for like $200 on ebay, and it's only a 15 minute demo! I was lucky to get a brand new copy from a friend in Japan for a good price. What makes it special is that it's a trial of the Beta game and there are different gameplay mechanics.

I also have the Silent Hill Trial for the PS1 and they are rare as well, but not nearly as rare as the BIO1 trial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back